Captain Jack's Back!

Simply put... ANYTHING to make a dime.

They know now they blew it, having nothing for the kids to buy so this is a way for them to get back a little of what they missed.

They won't make the same mistake again, trust me. :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Very true. When POTC2 comes out ye know they'll have more stuff.

Actually, aside ffrom things like the comic, they could still put out some good stuff from the 1st one. Some of the cursed medallions replicas in their Disney stores, and all that would probably still sell

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

When I visited Iron Bess at the studio, one of the prop guys said they sold all the POTC props to another company. They don't have anything to make replicas. Stupid.

And actually, the comic is in all the Disney Adventure magazines. We just got the newest one and there is another story in there with Commadore Norrington. ;)

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

When I visited Iron Bess at the studio, one of the prop guys said they sold all the POTC props to another company. They don't have anything to make replicas. Stupid.

They just sell stuff without thinkin ($) don't they.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

You would think that they would had made a movie tie in book with lots of pics... Master and Commander had that. 

Me thinks they missed out on many an opportunity to truely sell to the public legit-like.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Aye... insane to be exact. Now.. the issue is would they learn from the mistake as George Washington did? He was most likely not apt to make the same mistake again after learning from the first.

Still.. there is a market... a great one .. for PotC Merchandise... if some were released today.. I guarantee, it would still sell! I'm not kidding. I know a few friends of my nephew would love to have some stuff.. be it action figures.. or the cursed coin.. maybe swords or pistols... costumes...

people still begging for a novelization - other than the junior version - of the movie. More shirts.... replicas of the coins... props...

Even I was drooling over the Barbossa ring that was sold in the fall... was rather bummed.. still am... rather expensive piece, considering it started off in the auction at $800 & ended in the auction at over $3,000! Ouch! Not even Tavington's uniform cost that much! & I know someone who bought the Tavington uniform for around $700!

Insane that a good majority of the stuff was scrapped. Silly gooses!

PotC swag.. scattered all about like the cursed Aztec gold... in private hands.

::le sigh:: I admit.. I still wish I was able to get that ring. Would be awesome to be at the Rev War re-enactments with the Barbossa ring, the sword & pistol... & the great thing is.. I can get away with using them! ::dances around::

::evil grinz::

One can only hope that things will improve. Again... still a market out there for PotC stuff... I even heard it on the radio the other morning when they mentioned celebrity Bdays... it was Keira Knightley's Bday... turning 19th, Happy Bday to the young lady! ... that the 2 radio personalities here in CR just LOVE the movie! It's one of their favs! So.. yeah.. there is still a market!

:huh:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Can't say I approve o' the drawing, tho' its better than I could do. A wee bit o' swag is cool (ie piano music fer the score, that sort o' thing) but it'll be a sad day if they take it as far o'erboard as they did with Harry Potter

I just bought the Disney Adventures mag this weekend. The Comic is a hoot, and they say in the back of the issue that the next one (April 27th), they'll have another Jack comic. Booyah!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

• 2 weeks later...
Simply put... ANYTHING to make a dime.

They know now they blew it, having nothing for the kids to buy so this is a way for them to get back a little of what they missed.

They won't make the same mistake again, trust me. :ph34r:

I picked it up & read it. It was cute. But... kinda... cheesy. Many funny parts to it. Which saved it.

But ... I am looking forward to the next one. :ph34r:

Well.. I look forward to some PotC swag in the fall.

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

I've looked n' looked... but I can't seem to find a copy. hum.

And yes.. that picture is quite....how you say, pointy?

Maybe they're tryin' to make him less sexually attractive... I know I wouldn'a want to run me hands through that greezy mess. :ph34r:

***slathers eyeliner on 'im and runs away*** :ph34r:

Yhar!

~Dreamie~

"Ah, the city.. with all it's people and their accumulated wealth, yes?"

-Yoshimo

www.Dreamie.org

LilJackban.gif