Wanted, good boots

John_Young

I'm looking for good period piratical boots.

They need to withstand the scruitiny of historical nazis for 1600s time period.

The kicker... besides being wonderfully historical... preferably no more than $150.

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

There is a link further down the board that goes over this, but alas it is long gone.

Based on this information, I decided to purchase SCAboots for under $100. They be comfortable boots, but I wish I had bought the mens as they have a narrow dimensions on the top and I wear knickers and not tights.

SCA boots website

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

If you want good historicaly accurate boots go to WWW.by-the-sword.com The musketeer boots are very acurate for circa 1640 period and where very popular throught the 17th c. I recently bought a pair myself and they are great. Make sure you get your size right and they are resonable priced at $175.00. Good luck mate.

8-252.jpg

Stitch & Redd Oktober

Here be a link to the pub photo album for a picture o' me an Redd Oktober. I be wear'n me boots here an they are actually alot softer leather then they look in the add photo...ie. they wrinkle real nicely around yer calves.

Signaturecopy.gif

Hmm.... the SCAboots look interesting... but are zippers on the side period?

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

Aye, you do want to be careful of the SCA type boots, I don’t think they really have any association with the SCA and besides zippers they might have plastic soles that aren't always kind to the feet. I had to return mine and then spent to much money on ones that be hand- made and I can wear every if I want to.

Aye... I got those very same boots. Afraid the folks at Searle's won't like me wearing them though... arr....

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

of yers!"

Aye... I got those very same boots. Afraid the folks at Searle's won't like me wearing them though... arr....

Me thinks ye are right, John...That is the only thing about living in St.Augustine...all the good events are before my time period.....1803

Well! maybe we will just have to start something here for us pirates....

I did a TV interview in my uniform this past Sunday and after wards went to the Arts and Craft/Seafood Festival.....I got whistles, lots of smiles from kids and one woman driving by stuck her head out her window and shouted "AAAARRRRRRRRRR".....I had lots of fun....lol

KP

Champion Boots outa texas made mine..., there will be no zipper or super grip soles.., they are a leather sole..., there hand made individual for you., they run 250.00 to 300.00 bones....,Yes they are worth it..., very very soft..., and very very thick., I did not know but there are 16 measurements to a foot!!., for exact sizing..., and if you do it....., you'll know it..., its like slipping your hand into a velvet glove...Heals...., any heal you want., custom custom custom.

http://caboots.zoovy.com/category/mp/

Try this link

:lol: HarborMaster B)

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Ah I've been looking at the champion boots on eBay... they be very loverly...

All this fuss and I missed Searle's because of a funeral... arr...

Ah well, I needs ta get ready for Drake's!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

of yers!"