New Pirate Game

WizKids Games has announced the release of their new Pirate game: Pirates of the Spanish Main

WizKids makes Crimson Skies (air pirates!), HeroClix, MageKnight, Mech Warrior, SportsClix, et al. They are at the forefront of miniatures gaming, and have a good reputation for making fun games that last. Pirates of the Spanish Main looks to be a radical game, only time will tell if it is a success.

:blink:

Which Daredevil are ye talking about Wolfy Wench... that be 3 of em

For Marvel Heroclix, every set has included a Wolverine, Spidey, Daredevil, and Elektra...

Well... considering how HORRIBLE sales for Crimson Skies, CreepyFreaks, and Shadowrun have been... which is how poor I expect Sportclix to sell... I hope this new game does great.

Hell, for $4 booster you get pieces and complete rules? I'll buy a case of em! ARRR!

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Heave Ho, theives and beggers

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

-Captain John Young - PILF

I can't wait to get my salty paws on this! Their HeroClix are quite popular... I love their Daredevil figure. ^_^

Aye. I spent too much o' me ill-gained plunder on Hero Clix. The only piratey lookin' character they've made is Corsair of the Starjammers (Cyclops' father).

In typical game company fashion, they have yet to set a release date for Pirates of the Spanish Main. I imagine it will only be available at hobby and gaming shops.

Pyle... in their MageKnight game, Minions expansion...

They did Atlantis Guild folks who were pirates, the Xandressans.

I have the Captain on me shelf next to Corsair... arr!

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mageknight/fig...asp?unitid=2207

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

"I don't care who ye say you are lad, if ye say 'savvy' one more time, I'll bury this cutlass in that thick skull

of yers!"

• 2 weeks later...

I went nuts buying the Mechwarrior figs! I love the collectable figure system better than collectable cards, imo. I was kinda let down by the Crimson Skies because I loved the book, and I loved the game, but the game mechanics lack an expandable infrastructure.

Now I am looking forward to the new franchise!!!! This is going to be grand!

;) Wizkids be sayin sometime during the 3rd quarter o' the year.

So we be talkin July, August, September. They say to keep lookin at their site for more updates as the summer goes on.

:lol: LETS BE KEEPIN WATCH TOGETHER MATEYS!!

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Well, if you don't want to follow the link...

WizKids has once again revolutionized the world of gaming with the first ever Constructible Strategy Game™ (CSG), Pirates of the Spanish Main™. Packaged like a collectible card game, the styrene cards can be punched apart to construct highly detailed 3-D sailing ships. In this fun, fast-paced game, players navigate stealthy pirate ships, majestic Spanish galleons, and speedy British schooners through the treacherous waters of the Spanish Main collecting as much gold as possible while fending off enemy attacks.

Each affordably priced pack contains everything one player needs to get their high seas high jinks started including two complete ships, treasure, rules, an island card and a die. There are 68 different ships to collect and construct in addition to 54 different treasure and crew cards. The fleet building and treasure plundering strategies are endless!

WizKids’ Approved play program will support Pirates of the Spanish Main with monthly League kits. Be sure to check wizkidsgames.com for more information.

Contents

2 sailing ships

1 treasure or crew card

1 cardboard island card

1 rules sheet

1 die

Well, while they did announce the game earlier this month... they just announced the July release of it this past Friday

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

of yers!"

• 1 month later...

WizKids 'as a website up for Pirates of the Spanish Main. Ye scurvy gamers might want to bookmark it.

Pirates of the Spanish Main

This game is a big gamble for WizKids, who are in a financial slump (who isn't... except oil companies?). Baseball card giant, Topps, bought out WizKids, and time will tell if all WK's lines will survive or be phased out.

A lot of the company's success hangs on Sports Clix and Pirates of the Spanish Main's profitability.

When POTSM comes out I plan on raiding a huge store of them, as they might not be available forever.

• 1 month later...

um... English! Because the British royal navy was the most free and open organization where you could do as you pleased...

Or have I been drinkin too much again?

"Yo Ho, all together

hoist the colours high

Never shall we die..."

blackwood.jpg

of yers!"

Me cabin-boy, who be heavy inta these things, tells me the number o' Pyrate ships far outnumbers the English or Spanish...Huzzah!

Nothin' like uneven odds to gladden a pyrate's heart...

And me and he'll be standin' in line before th' store opens on that fateful day...

...Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum...

~ Vegetius

I've been off the boards for a while but incase u mates didn't know one of the worlds greatest computer games and the first computer game about pirates (called oddly enough PIRATES) Has been remade and is coming out soon. For those of you who rember the commodore 64 this will bring back meomories for those of you who don't this will cause to loose sleep,miss work,talk in a lanquages no one understands and in general make you act just like that 16 year old ever crack addict who mows your lawn in between raids. The game is rated awsome by the reviewers who cared at e3 and besides Rome Total war it looks to be the only game I'm gonna pre order this year.

A link mates

http://www.atari.com/pirates/pirates/home.php?lg=1

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

• 5 weeks later...

Where, sir, did ye find these fyne products at? Been keepin' me weather eye open, and haven't seen 'em as of yet... 'course, I haven't had a whole lot o' time as of late, but still... PIRATES!!

Touche'

Ship's Marksman & Crab Fiend

Pyrates of the Coast

"All the skill in the world goes out the window if an angel pisses in the flintlock of your musket."

"Florida points like a guiding thumb, To the southern isles of rumba and rum, To the mystery cities and haunted seas, Of the Spanish Main and the Caribbees..."

ye can play wif as little as two packs, which, at $4 each, is a bargain.

Excellent game, great ships and game mechanics.

Yah so far I gots 2 packs and its kewl. I be gettin more over time.

Where, sir, did ye find these fyne products at? Been keepin' me weather eye open, and haven't seen 'em as of yet...

Aye Morgan, the best way is to go to www.wizkidsgames.com and get yerself an account. After which ye can find out where the nearest dealers of their games are to ye, and chances arrrrr at least one of the joints carries it. Or ye can look up games in the yellow pages and see what ye turn up. It not be available at places like Walmart yet. Hopefully it'll go as big as Magic so it'll get more exposure that way but right now it be just beginnin :)

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Have Parrot Bay, will travel.

WILL SHARE TOO!!!</span>

Ut oh... bad news...

Pirates of the Spanish Mail is already SOLD OUT! WizKids games, makers of the popular HeroClix and MageKnight games had developed a reputation for releasing some very bad games. They lost their shirts on Creepy Freaks, SportsClix, Shadowrun Duels and Crimson Skies. Retailers lost their faith, and many refused to order POTSM.

WizKids decided to limit the release. Bad decision. POTSM was sold out on the USA within the first 24 hours of release. Few retailers have any packs left. WizKids is scrambling to have more available as soon as possible, but it looks like they won't have more in stores until at least mid-to-late September.

Meanwhile, the magazine Scry, in issue #75, offers the Promotional Ship "The Bloody Throne" as well as an Explorer (named Scry after the magazine) and some treasure coins. They're all in the shrink-wrap with the magazine.