The True Pirate Queen

Red Maria

Maureen O'Hara was on Good Morning America today speaking about her autobigraphy "Tis Herself". Here's a chapter from it.:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/GMA/Books/G..._excerpt-1.html

Now if anyone belongs in POTC 2 it 's Herself (Hmm she seems to have the same nick name as Bess :lol: ) . I'd love to see her in just one more pirate movie! :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

She was the perfect match for John Wayne in all those movies. I loved them together.

My favorite movie is "The Quiet Man". She's wonderful; I need to get that book!

A truley graceful and talented lady who needs some good roles besides being someone's mother or grandmother.

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

Nay lass.... *Herself*is a term of endearment that is hung on most every Irish woman in one form or another.

When my Robert was alive (Bless his memory) he was *Himself* and I, *Herself* to one another as well as to others.

(chuckle) You'd be hard pressed to find an Irish soul I'll wager that has not laid claim to one or the other of that title at one time or another!. :)

Here's to the True Piraste Queen.... (Mayhaps I'll be slipp'n a note under the door of the writers with a suggestion....) :unsure:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I hated The Quiet Man, and the scenes in Mclintock too. But I do love to see her. She was everything a woman should be..in one nice package.

Put two notes in the box about her, if you could.. I can see herself tugging his ear, making remarks about his hair and the stuff in it...

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

Nay lass.... *Herself*is a term of endearment that is hung on most every Irish woman in one form or another.

When my Robert was alive (Bless his memory) he was *Himself* and I, *Herself* to one another as well as to others.

(chuckle) You'd be hard pressed to find an Irish soul I'll wager that has not laid claim to one or the other of that title at one time or another!. :)

Here's to the True Piraste Queen.... (Mayhaps I'll be slipp'n a note under the door of the writers with a suggestion....) :unsure:

Well that explains it then. Fingers crossed on that note. :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Wouldn't it be great if she was Captain Jack Sparrow's Mum?

That would be awesome. *A*W*E*S*O*M*E*. I can't even TELL you how amusing it would be to meet Jack Sparrow's mum ... and if she was played by Maureen O'Hara, well ...

I'd really like this book. I made it most of the way through The Black Swan (no, I didn't finish it; I had a raging stomach flu at the time and literally couldn't focus towards the end; really gotta finish it someday) and was struck by how she managed to hold her own in a role that was so (can I be honest PLEASE??) limiting. Maybe it all changes by the end of the movie -- but in the beginning, at least, she was the Damsel In Distress, being courted by a pirate captain who knew "what she really wanted" (which happened to be HIM, mind you) and treated her with a kind of cruel attraction, of the sort that would send the P.C. Police of modern times spinning. I'm not trying to get all feminist-y here, either -- my point is, O'Hara was thrown in a role that was pretty bloody limiting 'ere -- and the gal held her own. It was neat to see.

(Anyone have any other pirate-y films starring O'Hara to recommend, BTW? While we're on the subject. :) I'd love to see more.)

So I gotta read this book; I think it'll be pretty fascinating. I love the story she told in the preview of the ABC article about the "two old biddies" at school ... talk about indominable Irish spirit. Or piratical spirit, for that matter. Awesome. Looks like a great read.

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

(Anyone have any other pirate-y films starring O'Hara to recommend, BTW? While we're on the subject. :) I'd love to see more.)

Against All Flags, Spanish Main, At Swords Point (not a pirate film but a good swashbuckler nonetheless).

She was (maybe still is) one heck of a swordswoman :)

Red Maria

The Soul of Indecency

Tha adventures of Sinbad with Douglas Fairbanks Jr.

A fun romp. :P

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif