The Lady Washington

On Sunday, my 1st mate and a couple of sea dogs spent the afternoon aboard The Lady Washingon ( you know who she is ).We had a battle enactment with The Hawaiian Chieftan. If we had live ammo, The Cheiftan whould be with Davey Jones. There wasn't much wind, but it was a glorius day, and a good time was had by all. If you are on the West coast, and have a chance to go aboard The Lady, do not pass it by. The captain and crew were all geat, and very willing to pass on knowledge and stories.

There wasn't much wind, but it was a glorius day

Aye, it was beautiful. There wasn't much wind in the mornin', but by the time us aboard the Royaliste saw you all on the other side of the bay bridge, we had caught a ton of wind and were heeled over beautifully making our run into Sausalito. Noticed the Lady had her heads'ls and squares down off in the distance... the wind must not have made it over there.

Aye, it was beautiful. There wasn't much wind in the mornin', but by the time us aboard the Royaliste saw you all on the other side of the bay bridge, we had caught a ton of wind and were heeled over beautifully making our run into Sausalito. Noticed the Lady had her heads'ls and squares down off in the distance... the wind must not have made it over there.

That's because the Royaliste stole all the wind or maybe the wind gods just love the Royaliste's figurehead too much to share. :huh:

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

Arrr.... could be, could be...

Or, could be nothin' more than Treasure Island and the Bay Bridge blockin' it all!

You would think a good captain would realize that and not "sail" or motor into such an area for a sea battle.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

'Ere! I thought we wuz done wif da Lady-bashin'

I ain't bashin the Lady. I love the Lady and ALL tall ships. I just wunderin why her captain will sail her into a NO GO zone for a sea battle?

~Black Hearted Pearl

I do believe the LW and the HC were on the far side of the bridge so they might engage in battle for the entertainment of those they had aboard, I'm sure it had nothing to do with the Royaliste.

Sunday was a great day later in the afternoon, searching for wind was the call of the day and by the luck of Posiden we found it on the way back to home port.

NO doubt our paths will cross again, we'll all swell up with pride for the ships we sail, as it should be.

Enjoy the wind, sea and powder and leave any other baggage behind I says.

Saber

:huh:

:huh:

Keeping behind Treasure Island for the sea battle may have been a smart move by the Lady's captain, actually. Although we were having a great time heeled over sailing in the wind, the tide and winds were conspiring to push us around a great deal in a way that might have made quick turning and firing off the cannons a bit tricky, especially with that many people aboard in the way. It's also apparently quite hard to light a cannon in the wind! The powder blows everywhere, the matches won't stay lit. . .

I know about them tides 'cause I was the one steering, and got to turn left and watch us go right instead. This was rather fun until we kept creeping closer to the rusty metal barges and their huge buoys and chains. :huh:

-Jennifer

"Let them eat cake. No wait, kill 'em all instead, and plunder the cake for yourself. Mmmmm, cake. . ."

Me thinks we gots some slow learners here.

Still be some rocks bein` thrown by thems wot lives in glass houses .

Arrgggh ! Some of ye needs to wise up an` recognize that ya don`t know e`rythin ya think ya do .

So ease off tha Lady an` tha Chieftain an` any other ship ya don`t think lives up to yer shallow standards of what ya think deserves yer respect .

Most good sailors don`t give a tinker`s damn what ya think about their ships . They just be sailin` along , makin` a livin` from tha sea whilst tha rest o` ya here jez be playin` on it .

So get o`er it already an` just play wif them who be willin` to engage wif ya an` don`t fret o`er the rest .

I been makin` my livin` off da sea too damn long to claim one ship be finer than tha other . So long as a boat be maintained proper an` treated wif da respect it deserves , it IS a fine ship an` damn tha fools that say otherwise .

:angry:

Do unto others.... because it`s fun !?!

Arr.... I don't think we've got anyone here who's been bashing any ships. It started out as a "I enjoyed my day on the Lady," which I followed up with a "Yeah, wasn't it a great day, we saw you guys. Didn't look like there was wind over there." From there a question was raised, which was answered. We're all bein' civil, I think.

:angry:

photo-1214.jpg

Sinclaire, ye old seadog

READ MY LIPS :angry:

I was not Lady bashing...I was asking why her captain would sail into a NO GO Zone. AkashaZuul understood what I was asking and answered my question quite graciously.

If you bothered to know me, you would know that my goal is to someday be a volunteer on the Lady Washington (or any Tall ship at this point). You would also know that I follow the Lady Washington and her crew quite closely. Many a guest captain of crewed her this fall and I hold no ill will to any Tall Ship.

Now, have a round of rum on me and drink to all the beauties of the sea, ships, mermaids, female captains. B)

~Black Hearted Pearl

I'm with Saber, Blackhearted Pearl, and most 'o the rest 'o ye on this 'n...Those who really know me know I only live 'n breathe salt water on my bow, an' also who's been really throwin' stones as of late!..Sail Ho!...Long live Tallships, even the hundreds besides the few commercial operators here!..There be hundreds only a very few ever sail on!............

The St. Lawrence II, the Bee, Fair Jeanne,Rattlesnake,Endeavor, Grand Turk, etc....and on and on....

Stand Down, and ye may just live...

There be hundreds only a very few ever sail on!............

The St. Lawrence II, the Bee, Fair Jeanne,Rattlesnake,Endeavor, Grand Turk, etc....and on and on....

Don't forget the Elissa. She be next on me list to plunder a sail aboard.

~Black Hearted Pearl

'Ere! I thought we wuz done wif da Lady-bashin' 
Me thinks we gots some slow learners here.

Still be some rocks bein` thrown by thems wot lives in glass houses .

Arrgggh ! Some of ye needs to wise up an` recognize that ya don`t know e`rythin ya think ya do .

So ease off tha Lady an` tha Chieftain an` any other ship ya don`t think lives up to yer shallow standards of what ya think deserves yer respect .

Most good sailors don`t give a tinker`s damn what ya think about their ships . They just be sailin` along , makin` a livin` from tha sea whilst tha rest o` ya here jez be playin` on it .

So get o`er it already an` just play wif them who be willin` to engage wif ya an` don`t fret o`er the rest .

I been makin` my livin` off da sea too damn long to claim one ship be finer than tha other . So long as a boat be maintained proper an` treated wif da respect it deserves , it IS a fine ship an` damn tha fools that say otherwise .

I'm going to back up Desert Pyrate, Pyrate, and Black Hearted Pearl...As I read it...they were merely stating a fact, and hoping all was well. I think the only people in "glass houses...throwin' stones" are those who seem to be finding the slightest offense the moment the LW and HC are mentioned in any capacity on any post...as of late.

LET IT GO!! SHEESH!

REDD.jpg

YARRR! The Oktober be silent now! Just call me "REDD!"

There be hundreds only a very few ever sail on!............

Don't forget the Elissa. She be next on me list to plunder a sail aboard.

Check this 'n out, lass!.. Royaliste with the St. Lawrence II, Oswego N.Y., 1996

oswego4.jpg

And the H.M.S. Bee....

beewht.jpg

Aye Sir....and the Rattlesnake be in my neck of the woods....she be berthed just 30 miles up the road in Jacksonville, Florida.....and a Beauty she is.

KP