“We Seceded Where Others Failed"

YEAR 2004, 22ND ANNIVERSARY

CONCH REPUBLIC INDEPENDENCE CELEBRATION

HIGHLIGHTS SCHEDULE

APRIL 23RD - MAY 2ND 2004

THE CONCH REPUBLIC – 2004

THE 22ND ANNIVERSARY

“HONORING LOVE 22”

“DEDICATED TO THE FUNDAMENTALLY AMERICAN SPIRIT OF A PEOPLE UNAFRAID TO STAND UP TO ‘GOVERNMENT GONE MAD WITH POWER’ THAT EMBODIED THE FOUNDING OF THE CONCH REPUBLIC IN 1982.

AS THE WORLD’S FIRST FIFTH WORLD NATION, A SOVEREIGN STATE OF MIND SEEKING ONLY TO BRING MORE HUMOR, WARMTH, AND RESPECT

TO A WORLD IN SORE NEED OF ALL THREE, THE CONCH REPUBLIC REMAINS THE COUNTRY WHO SECEDED WHERE OTHERS FAILED.”

FRIDAY APRIL 23RD

7 PM - The Kick Off Party at the Schooner Wharf Bar...Conch Shell Blowing Contest with prizes, Music, Food, and Fun

SATURDAY APRIL 24TH

1 PM – 11 PM - THE GREAT CONCH REPUBLIC DRAG RACE the 700 Block of Duval Street roars with a drag race sanctioned by the Conch Republic's NHRA (Natural Hot Rod Association. Features racing Drag Queens in this benefit for Florida L.E.G.A.L.

SCHEDULE:

1– 2 The Pits open for public viewing (700 block Duval St.)

2 – 3 Time Trials

3 – 5 Drag Racing - Quarters, Semi’s, and Finals

5 – 7 Drag Boxing – Watch the lipstick fly!!!

7 – 11 Victory “T” IN THE STREETS Celebration

8 PM - Conch Republic Royal Family Investiture Party at The

Green Parrot 601 Whitehead St... . Come help elect the 2002-2003 Conch Republic Royal Family, boogie the night away in Royal Fashion and support the Conch Republic Foster Children’s Fund

WEDNESDAY APRIL 28TH

5 PM – ‘Til ??? The Conch Republic Goes Hog Wild at The Hog's Breath Saloon 400 Front St., and the "Conch Republic Salute to the Hog Nation", great music with RST 5:30 to 9:30 and Woodpile 10 – 2, specials on Hog's Breath Beer...always great food...lots of surprises (maybe war!!!)

THURSDAY APRIL 29TH

8 PM - The “World's Longest Parade” down Duval Street from the Atlantic Ocean to the Gulf of Mexico at the Schooner Wharf Bar. For the twelfth year in a row, the Republic's only totally impromptu Parade will roll...get out of the car, step out of the bar, everyone’s a Star...

9 PM - The Parade Party at The Schooner Wharf Bar...follow the Parade in Mardi Gras style to the Party where the Paraders Party.

FRIDAY APRIL 30TH

12 PM - The Raising of the Colors at Fort Taylor...Complete with firing of the Cannons...the Fort becomes ours!

6 PM - Bloody Battle Parties at The Billyfish Pier (Zero Duval at the Ocean Key Resort), and The Key West Hilton Resort and Marina's Sunset Deck & Bistro 245...the only places to view the Great Battle!!!

7 PM - The Conch Republic Naval Parade and Great Battle for the Conch Republic...Sponsored by the Flagship Schooner WOLF this is THE event of the Celebration... there is nothing like it in the known universe. Beat viewing from the Bloody Battle Parties at the Ocean Key and the Key West Hilton on Key West harbor.

9 PM - The Victory Party at The Schooner Wharf Bar...Come help us celebrate our victory over the evil forces of the "United States Border Patrol"...we always win! Special presentations to the Conch Republic Navy.

SATURDAY MAY 1ST

10 AM - 5 PM - The Conch Republic Crafts Show and Food Fest Sponsored by the Cultural Preservation Society...On Greene Street between Duval and Whitehead Streets. The arts, crafts, and foods of the Conch Republic.

Noon - 5 PM - The Fourteenth Annual Lower Duval Crawl...The bars of old town howl all afternoon...get your "I Survived..." T Shirts

1 PM – The 10th Second Annual Conch Republic Pedicab Downhill Invitational...For the 8th year this madcap race run in traffic will feature degrees of difficulty unparalleled in Conch Republic History. A benefit for the Conch Republic Foster Children’s Fund.

3 - 7 PM – The Conch Republic Fiddler's Contest at The Green Parrot Bar at 610 Whitehead St...The best fiddlers in the Republic vie for awards in this "tune or die" jam of Blues, Bluegrass, and Old-Timey music

2 PM - The 21st Annual Conch Republic Red Ribbon Bed Race... to benefit AIDS Help, Inc. Our oldest and most famous event...beds race down Duval...the most fun you can have in bed with your clothes on!

3 - 7 PM – The Conch Republic Fiddler's Contest at The Green Parrot Bar at 610 Whitehead St...The best fiddlers in the Republic vie for awards in this tune or die" jam of Blues, Bluegrass, and Old-Timey music featuring the Murphy’s Law Family String Band

7 PM - The Pirate's Ball and Pig Roast at the Schooner Wharf Bar...bottom feeders unite...we can't let the Upper Crustaceans have all the Fun! Music, food, and fun!

SUNDAY MAY 2ND

10 AM - BLUE HEAVEN presents “The 3rd Second Annual Great Conch Republic Pancake Eating Contest” – Prizes in categories for the young and not-so-young…the skinny and not-so-skinny…Ma Hatch’s Famous Pancakes for all!!! Corner Thomas and Petronia

12 PM - The Fourteenth Annual Conch Cruiser Car Show at The Schooner Wharf Bar...A free entry car show with prizes galore in categories we haven't even invented yet!

1 PM - The Wrecker's Race Series Finale...This one-way race to the reef re-enacts the ancient wrecking tradition of the Keys. Viewing from the harbor-front hotels and Mallory Square.

7 PM - The Awards Ceremony for the Wreckers Race at The Schooner Wharf Bar... music, crazed sailors, Galley Grill foods, and Awards, and finally...rest for the wicked until next year...

AND THESE ARE JUST THE HIGHLIGHTS…

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

Lady Elaina,

I'm not sure who is going to be here. This is the event that I just show up and have fun with.

Skot,

I thought I would go ahead and answer that question for ya. See you next month!

Key West Pirate

;)

pil'-lag-ing

It's like looting, but the shopkeeper is watching from behind some hastily contrived shelter.

Rum Wench - Pyrates of the Coast

KW, ye bein' the one who'd know the goings on there in the Keys...

Ye can answer all the questions ye want ta!

:)

Capt. BLACK SKOT

"Permit me aboard and I'll be takin yer ship!"

"Don't permit me abourd and I'll still be takin yer ship!"