Hawaiian Chiftain For Sale

Hear! ye Here Ye! You lot of bloody sea dogs. Be the first to hear that the Hawaiian Chiftain is on the market! The vessel is listed with the very reputable firm of McGrath Pacific.

Now no Hawaiian Chiftain bashing! She is now in me charge and I will defend her to the last man!

Details of the vessel will be at www.mcgrathpacific.com

--cleans tha skid marks off me ol` specks on Alby Bill`s apron--

Uh , yez ! Tha fine art o` communicatin` ....

Lemme sees if I can put this conversation back on track wif Mr McGraw's original post !?!

I think this be a fine spot fer it , an` Bully --- I`ll be savin` up me military pension fer tha Hawaiian Chieftan , to be sure . She`s unsurpassed in her beauty , matched only by tha The Lady Washington .

Two o` tha finest ships on the west coast , sez I .

An` , yez , I DO know about these things !?! Argh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kinda spooky , ain`t it ??? ;)

Do unto others.... because it`s fun !?!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quill,

I think ye be needin to contact Lynn at the Grays Harbour Historical Society. She be the one who schedules all the sails for the Lady and HC. Ye can reach her at 1-800-200-Lady.

Talking to her crew does little good with the limited time a person has to crew. The day I sailed with her, the Lady was under command of a "guest" captain (dressed in modern garb). It was clear he wasn't as well versed as his first mate (who was wearing a HMS Surprise tshirt with a Amistad jacket) who in turn wasn't as well versed as the Bosun (only one in pirate garb).

It be best to talk directly to Lynn. Good luck in the communications department.

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

The boat pictured is the Norfolk Rebel. She's classified as a "tugantine." I've seen other pictures of her actually flying a spinnaker!!! It's really one of the most unusual boats I've ever heard of (though unfortunately I've yet to see her myself). Apparently, she is a working tug and fishing vessel. The sails have saved her money in fuel, and even added power when towing on occasion. If my memory serves me correctly, she often saves up to 30% of her fuel consumption with her auxiliary sails.

wjrt_072301_norfolk.jpg

Coastie :lol:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Oh, Great Lottery Gods, send your great white numbered ping pong balls and your great Red Bonus Ball onto my ticket!. :lol: She's beautiful! It would give me reason to visit my sister for long stretches at a time if I has money to buy her.

I love that she's unusual. It means we would be a fitted pair. :) I'd probably do a Pirate cruise on her. *grins* Yo Ho Boy-os hoist the rigging, put yer backs into it! They do a cool enactment of what it was like to live on the MayFlower, would be neat to do a Pirate style one.

*grins* Best friends dad was a tub boat man. He was as hairy as he was scary! :lol:

She be quite unusual. I can't help but wonder if it be such a great idea for sails on a tug, why aren't there more just like her? She is definitely a must see in person. :lol: Where is she based out of?

~Black Hearted Pearl

The optimist expects the wind. The pessimist complains about the wind. The realist adjusts the sails.

I think it's a interesting idea. My best friend's dad the guy who is as hairy as he is scary, used to tug all up and down the CA Coast, sometimes down to Mexico. Sails would have been a nice change from the chugging of a moter, me thinks.