Bit o' Johnny Depp news

Just a little quote from Johnny. Thought it'd be interestin'. From Ananova.com

Steadfast, with purpose that none can restrain,

He braves all, and is true to his Quest.

And he uses the weapons a clever man can:

A pistol, a sword, and a jest.

For tho' all who see, brand him merely a fool

And he travels alone, without friend,

He suffers their scorn and disdain and contempt

And despite all, wins through in the end.

-- "The Pirate, Jack Sparrow"

N. J. Sorenson

I can't wait either

B)

Avast, ye limey lubber! Didn't ye think if Scarlet Jenny (Cutthroat Lass, Scourge o' the Seas, Deadly Duchess o' the Deep) hated ye, ye'd be sliced, skinned an' sunk to Davey Jones' locker? Aaaar! Ye would, and ye'd better start believin' it

It's remarks like these that give me hope that the sequels will have considerable merit, after all. Huzzah! ;)

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
It's remarks like these that give me hope that the sequels will have considerable merit, after all. Huzzah! :ph34r:

Oh aye, I agree completely. To tell ye the truth, I was a bit afraid they'd be making the sequel not up to par with the first. But hell, if Johnny's excited, I'd like to think he wouldn't do something just for the money. :ph34r:

"Dum Spiro Spero"- "While I breathe, I hope"

I'm confident that the sequels will be as good, if not better, becuase we have the same screenwriting team. The only thing may be is that Disney might tug on their leashes, make them write more of what they want in. Or perhaps the actual story will be a bit more... Hollywood/Disney. But I know the script will be good. :ph34r:

Captain Wolfy Wench

• 2 weeks later...

What say you, but wouldn't it be somethin' if they put Keith Richards in POTC2 as Jack's dad? Have sort of an Indiana Jones III sort of thing happening. Couldn't you see those two bickerin or like doublin' the mischief? After listening to Keith Richard's drivel of a speech on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame I figured they'd have to put him in the second one. Come on any writers surfin' the boards here for idears? Well, they're probably readin' all the hot and heavy fiction on the Johnny Depp board.

Hairball