My antique lion head sword is selling on Ebay

Saber

• 3 weeks later...

Nope it didn't sell and I won't let it go for under $200, it's just too nice of a piece. I may try it again at a later date. So it's still hanging above my mantle.

I managed to fund the violin another way. I had a student some years ago who landed a very good job after he finished his schooling. At christmas I got a present from him and was amazed when I opened it because inside was a very large and elaborately wrought necklace and earrings from India made entirely of 22K gold! <_<

The only problem is that 22K gold is very bright yellow and being fair-skinned and blonde, it just didn't look very good on me. It belonged around the throat of an Indian princess rather than a California gal. I never heard from the student again, and finally decided that that was the best way to pay for the violin I really wanted. So, once I get the violin I'll have to name it after my student!! (you'd be surprised how many violinists name their violins!)

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Wow, that is awesome. When my best friend AllieSutherland finally starts posting you and she will have to talk Violin shop. She's played since she was very very young. :)

Yes, 22K is very bright. They also cut their gold with more copper to make it brassy in colour than we do here. :) I'm a silver and white gold girl myself. :)