A sailin we shall go

Zorg

How many of yz actually own or go sailing regular  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How many of yz actually own or go sailing regular

• I do sometimes on someone else's boat
    • I have a small boat (18' or less)
    • I have a daysailer (22' or less)
    • I have a light cruiser (22'+ with accomodations)
    • I have a boat that I could/do livaboard.
    • How do I rig sails on this used Carrier I just won at auction?
    • What's a boat?

:) Just curious how many of us actually DO spread our sheets ta the wind.

(as opposed to merely bein three sheets to the wind on weekends)

Z

Drop a kitten six feet, and she grins...

Drop an elephant six feet, and ya gots yerself a mess ta clean up....

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Mad Ozymandias Zorg the Unsnottered

Does the Land Shark still count as a boat?!!! :ph34r:

I put myself down as sailing on someone elses boat (Royaliste) and figured that the Land Shark is too far removed from water to count in the poll.

It might be interesting to add an option to the poll of who has crewed aboard a ship. I know we've got quite a few that have done that, but don't own their own boats. I think it would be interesting to see how many contribute to the sailing of a ship vs go out for rides.

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Does the Land Shark still count as a boat?!!! :ph34r:

I put myself down as sailing on someone elses boat (Royaliste) and figured that the Land Shark is too far removed from water to count in the poll.

It might be interesting to add an option to the poll of who has crewed aboard a ship. I know we've got quite a few that have done that, but don't own their own boats. I think it would be interesting to see how many contribute to the sailing of a ship vs go out for rides.

I Was raised on Shrimp boats, then the Big John 3 1/2 years(USS John F. Kennedy) my boat were a commercial crab boat. All Power no sails I'm afraid.

Ah! but some day. I have an invite on the Top sail sloop "Freedom"....might take that this summer.

I've only sailed on me dad's small boats and the Royaliste. I've been scannin' the "for sale" listin's to buy me own boat, but I'm not sure I can handle the responsibility, after hearin' what Gary has to go through to keep the Royaliste afloat!

:ph34r:

I be a novice, but I be sailin. Me boats name is "charter" as it best suits me income and lifestyle as of present. Me middle cabinboy will be taking his first lessons on March 8. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

I voted "what's a boat" because although I have been sailing in the past on boats I don't own, it has been aaaaaaaages since I stepped on to one. Unfortunately. I just don't get the opportunity. I've applied for a sponsorship to go sailing on the Leeuwin in June/July this year, though, since I'm too poor to pay the whole thing myself. The Leeuwin is a 55-foot tall ship... I think a brig, but I'm not too crash -hot on my terms. It's three-masted, mostly square rigged, but with some lateens as well. It's used as a sail training ship.

Here's a link, if you want to find out more.

http://www.leeuwin.com/

Still thing we should all go inta gether and get a ship on all three coasts strictly fer board use.

Consider the possibilities....

consider the hangovers....

:blink:B) :)

Sometimes bein' the biggest and most powerful is the LAST thing you wanna be.....

Still thing we should all go inta gether and get a ship on all three coasts strictly fer board use.

Consider the possibilities....

consider the hangovers....

B)   B)   :)

I'll stick me nose in 'ere, and restate some 'o the obvious. As previously posted, and as far as a 'board' vessel, you must be a pirate, preferrably in a pirate guild,(Proof to me, mostly) to sail aboard the ROYALISTE. Until I leave U.S. waters, you cannot 'charter', or buy a ride, ye hafta be a scurvy brethren 'o the coast!...So, we've got at least the left coast covered...I also ehco 'Quill's sentiments, as far as crewing, and also as far as 'pitchin' in'....And yes, it's a bear to maintain a large vessel, no matter wot kind she be! I also fit into a not listed category, 'boataholic'..Lotsa boats!!!..'Bully', keep a weather eye for a longboat style in the 14' range, I be a lookin'...And again, thanx to all who sail aboard my ship, for she is a 'sail trainer', just from a different 'slant'!!..Mebbee I'll again join ASTA this year! (if 250$'swims' past me Ship!).....Now, where's the rum gone??

vd14.jpg

:blink:

I've helmed a ketch, a sloop, and a trawler, owned a 19' trihull motor boat (used primary for fishing) and sailed aboard an authentic replica tall ship.

NOTHING compares to the emotion of being on the deck of a tall ship.... feeling the sensation that only that can produce, listening to the symphony of the ship and experiencing the sea and wind!!

The Original Sin....Devil-bolt.gif .....and proud of it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blowing in....Swirling around....Stirring things up.

What's a boat? LOL!

I don't sail no more, no more

I don't sail no more.

Been to sea and green as tea,

I don't sail no more.

Swamped the decks with stomach retch,

I don't sail no more, no more,

I don't sail no more.

I stay on land and play the with the fans,

I don't sail no more.

Tis well for me, not to be at sea

I don't sail no more.

For a land pirate I shall be.

I don't sail no more!

Rumba Rue

**Tis amazin' what I can think up on the spot!** :blink:

What's a boat? LOL!

I don't sail no more, no more

I don't sail no more.

Been to sea and green as tea,

I don't sail no more.

Swamped the decks with stomach retch,

I don't sail no more.

I stay on land and play the with the fans,

I don't sail no more.

Tis well for me, not to be at sea

I don't sail no more.

For a land pirate I shall be.

I don't sail no more!

Rumba Rue

**Tis amazin' what I can think up on the spot!** :blink:

Arrrrrrrrrgh! A toast to RhumbaRhue for the lovely entertainment. B) Pass the rum!

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

I'll stick me nose in 'ere, and restate some 'o the obvious. As previously posted, and as far as a 'board' vessel, you must be a pirate, preferrably in a pirate guild,(Proof to me, mostly) to sail aboard the ROYALISTE.

Royaliste is a wonder, Capn., and I'd love to sail on her. (Ye are, howsumever, some 3000 miles of EXTREEMLY shallow water from Maryland B) )

Okay, so we gots the West Coast covered. What's afloate out here in the East?

B)

No..,.I have not sailed in a long time., then it was in Gig Harbor on a Gemini Catamaran., mostly I get to go once a year., on a small craft called a banca. It is aprrox 40 feet in length., 5 feet wide in the middle., and has two outriggers so as to not roll over. This little vessel usually comes with a toyota motor and can blaze its way at 15 knots and better..., we use it for scuba diving and snorkeling in SouthEast Asia.

HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"