At the royal sword

Cuisto Mako

Ok more "pirates hunter" related but none the less, maybe some of you are also interesting in F&I war?

This place sold very accurate early 18th century french soldier sword:

http://www.theroyalsword.com/

The guy is from Montreal and is a very serious reennactor and so are its repro. I have bought for a very good price a prototype of its french naval cutlass and plan on converting it into a 17th c double clam shell cutlass.

The French cutlass is very nice. The prototype that I bought had a different blade (therefore a prototype) a bit longer than the one he usually sale. The blade on those are strong. He can not guarantee you that they are safe for combat but they are definitely stronger than your average 50$ pirate cutlass that you see in Renaissance Faire.

The French cutlass feels very good in the hand. The one I bought have an handle too light to my taste. But I will replace it entirely to make it look more 17th c anyway.

I would personally highly recommend the French cutlass. If you are looking for an accurate mid 18th century French cutlass...search no more, this is probably the most accurate piece on the market and for a very fair price.

I'm a big fan of the Epee du Soldat design, and those look quite nicely crafted.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow