Greets!

wes1761

I forgot the whole introduction thing.....

I am Wes Olson, 40 years. Spent the last 25 years or so doing anything from WWII, Ancient Rome, Colonial, Rev War, and French and Indian. Always liked pirates, grew up with Disney on TV Sunday nights so we got to see Treasure Island a bit. Always been a history geek too.

Married (she thinks I'm nuts) 2 daughters, love hunting, shooting, 4 wheeler, history, making weird things that people quit using hundreds of years ago. Been with the City of St. Peters, MO for the last 8 1/2 years, slowly closing in on 10 years in uniform (Police, with Ranger Division) and still love it.

Got burned out on all the snobby folks in some of the reenacting circles I ran in so I backed off...then I decided to go Pirate....all the way, not just PotC....but researched and everything......

I guess I just refuse to grow up, keeps me from having to find a new excuse to act like an idiot!

Respectfully,

Wes

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

Welcome aboard! (Glad that there are other people in their 40s around, not only me)

And if you love writing about pirates, check the two games I have in my signature - maybe I get you in my pirate crew! Actually on "Before the mast", Sol would like having you as a trusted first mate or quartermaster!

BTMnewad.jpg
-A swashbuckling adventures RPG, set in 1720 in West Indies; winner of Distant Fantasies& RPG-D Member's Choice Award; RPG Conference's Originality Award; 2011 & 2012 Simming Prizes-

Wes, are you sure we aren't separated at birth. I'm 42 and have been reenacting Ancient Rome, Viking, French and Indian, Rev War, and Cowboy for the past 15-20 years. Started in piracy due to the more congenial folks. I got two boys and am into making things very few people want anymore as well.

Anyhow, I have been a member, but did not introduce myself to the forum until recently.

Cheers to you,

Sebastian

Sebastian,

Nice looking Hamata in your profile pic!! ( private joke was always "Whats Hamata you!) I had a nice kit at one time, the segmentata went to Scotland with my belt and gladius, helmet went to East Coast......still have a pilum leaning against the wall in the basement.......looking forward to bein a pirate for awhile!!

Wes

If it was raining soup, I'd be stuck outside with a fork.....

ahoy,new recruit here,ravanos cain(aka terry)been doin charecter work apx 15 years,-pirates,super heroes,monsters&what nots!!!also an accomplished muscian-play guitar,bass,drums,wash board jug&what ever is not tied down!!!i do alot of charity wok in orlando as jack sparrow 4 make a wish,give kids the world,base camp,arnold palmer&toys for tots!! lookin to join a ship/crew in the central fl area..what say u?...

Ahoy there Ravanos. We are based on the Treasure Coast and cover everywhere from Cocoa to West Palm and points inland to Orlando. In fact, we're at the Orlando Science Center in another week or two.

Visit http://www.piratesofthecoast.com to learn more about our crewe of misfits, cutthroats, rogues and wenches.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Good day, good sir.

I like the 'cheesy' shots.

I've not been here long

Long enough to sing a song

A song of praise

and songs so hazed

For you a song

Of welcoming grace.

Charity Ann Rackham

Captain of the Jade Dragon

Admiral of the Rackham Fleet

British Columbia, Canada

FaceBook (Christina Carr AKA Charity Ann Rackham - as well as a Jade Dragon Pirates page)

Myspace (carrhunger is the personal one and Jadedragonpirates is the other)

BCRF page is: http://www.bcrenfest.com

Jade Dragon: http://www.jadedragonpirates.com

May our ships pass peacefully in the night. Note I say nothing of the day.

JDpyracy150.jpg

Welcome to the pub. Crewe of the Archangel... just about every where and growing...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Heres a few other pics, some reeneacting, some cheesy!

CIMG2564-1.jpg

Arrrrrgh -

Well shiver me timbers, I'd hold ye at cutlass point for that thar' shirt. ;)

Thar be nothing in the world worst than a drab brethren o' the coast.

Yo Ho, Wes, Yo Ho!

Jas. Hook

Edited by Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

thank u all,now where begins the plunderin???hurricane-i'de luv to be part of that at the science center!!! just lets mee know when&where&what time&who ya wants me ta be.................just had a perplexing thought,..what if the hokey pokey REALLY is what its allabout!!!??!!..mmmmmm?