Tall Ships for Sale?

HarborMaster

I was looking online for boats for sale and I happed along this interesting link !!! :ph34r:

http://www.anchoryachts.com/sailboats100.htm

Wow Big dreams an big bux.., interesting enough tho to spend a few hours looking thru the various ships inside and out.

HarborMaster :lol:

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Aye! Very true! They be some fine ships.

Now.. the issue bein' as to acquirin' or commandeering the ships.

Huzzah!

Anastazia

~Master & Commander of the Resurrection

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Commandeering love...,Commandeering....! :ph34r: There is a beautiful Italian Piratical Eye catcher right here !!!

55' Classic Italian Schooner in Red and Black

with nice exterior photos !!!

http://www.anchoryachts.com/arg055s001.htm

:lol: HarborMaster :lol:

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Commandeering love...,Commandeering....! :ph34r: There is a beautiful Italian Piratical Eye catcher right here !!!

:lol: HarborMaster :lol:

Now that one be in my price range....but alas I cannot afford to pay a crew. :lol: I know, me boys will be strapping men in 5 years...I will trade me house for the boat and me boys can be my crew. I've got 5 years to talk me mate into it. :ph34r:

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

O.o

That bloody ship is nearly orgasmic in nature.

~Dreamie~

"Ah, the city.. with all it's people and their accumulated wealth, yes?"

-Yoshimo

www.Dreamie.org

LilJackban.gif

That bloody ship is nearly orgasmic in nature.

--------------------

~Dreamie~

Yes!

that Red an Black Pirate Ship could put the "Steam" back in a mans stride.

:wub: HarborMaster :wub:

Aye, tis a beautiful ship. Red & Black be perfect colors for a pirate ship. Dreamed that if I truly had a ship, it would be black & red. Though... don't think it would be a schooner. Nay... I'd love to own myself a frigate or the sort. But.. they be dreams... for the time being.

But.. they are indeed lovely ships. They call to ya. Call ya to the sea. Pullin' at our pirate hearts.

Huzzah!

Anastazia

~Master & Commander of the Resurrection

:ph34r:

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

B) HarborMaster B)

Now that one be in my price range....but alas I cannot afford to pay a crew. B) I know, me boys will be strapping men in 5 years...I will trade me house for the boat and me boys can be my crew. I've got 5 years to talk me mate into it. B)

I'd hop on crew for free for a summer... as long as yeh fed me. B)

Anyone offerin'? LOL.

And yes... those ships be ORGASMIC in appearance... I jus' wanna... sneak on board and pets the pretty boats... mm, ships... B)

Captain Wolfy Wench

This be more what I'm lookin' at.

Garden Schooner

Anything that'll weather hurricane force winds in the oceans around the Horn will do for me.

Coastie :huh:

Coastie04,

With a single diesel engine, you won't be going around the Horn or the near the roaring 40's in that boat. Arrrg!, even the Lady Washington with her single diesel had trouble getting off the dock at Marina Del Rey in less than 35 mph wind gusts.

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

With a single diesel engine, you won't be going around the Horn or the near the roaring 40's in that boat. Arrrg!, even the Lady Washington with her single diesel had trouble getting off the dock at Marina Del Rey in less than 35 mph wind gusts.

Hell with the engine!!! That's not how I'd get around the horn. Sails all the way, even if it took a while to get the right weather. Besides, as much as I love the Lady Washington, she's got a bluff bow. This boat's got fair lines and quite a lot less sail area (with all sails furled). And, if I have a 35 kt off-dock wind, I might not even need to use the engine. Plus, according to the description, "Thanks to her heavy ballast, wide beam and full keel, she is exceptionally seaworthy and has sailed for 17 years around Cape Horn, Tierra Del Fuego and the Chilean oceans, sometimes braving hurricane-force winds." The original Lady Washington had no engine at all, and still made it around the Horn in a fierce storm. And, the original was slightly (very slightly) smaller than the current reproduction.

I'd take a boat that can handle that anyday. It sounds to me like a boat that can be sailed in any weather and will come home afterwards. It's a boat for me.

In my opinion, a boat is extremely personal and individual. It depends on what you want out of it. Some people become attached to cars, some to guns. But a boat has a personality that trumps all else. The key is to find one that is compatible to you. That is always the perfect boat.

Coastie :huh:

She was bigger and faster when under full sail

With a gale on the beam and the seas o'er the rail

sml_gallery_27_597_266212.jpg

Garden Schooner is a smooth looking ship to aye., I just liked the little 55ft Black and Red as you know a ship is an expensive animal....., and so the 52 ft mark seperating the big ones from the little ones puts the 55 ft at just the right place for me......., :ph34r: there is a HUGE differance between 51 feet and 52 feet you know....,I hope to get above 52..., we will see.., coupla more years to go and I will find out for sure.

;) HarborMaster ;)

Aye,

Lookin' at all these here ships... notice tha' ya don't see anythin' but Sloops n' Schooners? Nary a one is a square rigger... :ph34r:

Or is I lookin' in th' wrong ports?

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

This be more what I'm lookin' at.

Garden Schooner

Anything that'll weather hurricane force winds in the oceans around the Horn will do for me.

Coastie :ph34r:

Coastie try checking out Sea dragon schooner links they have a section for schooners for sale ye might just find what yer lookin for . :)

Lord above please send a dove with wings as sharp as razors , to cuts the throats of them there blokes what sells bad booze to sailors ..

" Illigitimiti non carborundum . "

Lookin' at all these here ships... notice tha' ya don't see anythin' but Sloops n' Schooners? Nary a one is a square rigger... 

Check out the original link at Cool Boats

There's a couple of barquentines and a hermaphrodite brig (labled as a brigantine). Still, there's nothing wrong with a gaff rigger in my opinion. And anything wood is a plus as well.

Coastie

Here's some fine boats for sale at Sea Dragon. There are many more for sale, and tons that aren't. The following are just some of my favorite after spending a couple hours browsing the sites while waiting for stand down from inspection (in other words, I was really bored).

Compass Rose

Grizzly Bear

Ka'iulani (expensive, but nice)

LUCERN

(less expensive)

St. Peter (wipe drool off chin)

Aye Coastie,

I seen them other ships, tho they be square rigged, they be steel hulled... :ph34r:

I suppose I shoulda said I han't seen any wood square rigged ships...

Plus, all them square riggers on tha' site are a wee bit too big fer my tastes...

An I'll agree, nothin' wrong wi' a gaff rigger....

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

Here's some fine boats for sale at Sea Dragon. There are many more for sale, and tons that aren't. The following are just some of my favorite after spending a couple hours browsing the sites while waiting for stand down from inspection (in other words, I was really bored).

Compass Rose

Grizzly Bear

Ka'iulani (expensive, but nice)

LUCERN

(less expensive)

St. Peter (wipe drool off chin)

St. Peter is a nice vessel but in no way does she have the Beautiful lines

that the Royalist has.

Lookin' at all these here ships... notice tha' ya don't see anythin' but Sloops n' Schooners? Nary a one is a square rigger... 

Check out the original link at Cool Boats

There's a couple of barquentines and a hermaphrodite brig (labled as a brigantine). Still, there's nothing wrong with a gaff rigger in my opinion. And anything wood is a plus as well.

Coastie

Well Lad you may also try a site called Appollo duck they are another big brokerage and they has some interesting and unusual vessels .

Lord above please send a dove with wings as sharp as razors , to cuts the throats of them there blokes what sells bad booze to sailors ..

" Illigitimiti non carborundum . "

The Royalist is a nice looking vessel for sure., but you cant take away anything from., the lines of

http://www.anchoryachts.com/cus060s001.htm

or especially these two

http://www.seadragon.com/compassrose/

http://www.caribbeansail.com/stpeter/

If you really like the west coast ships....,The Lady Washington., The Royalist., and the Hawaiian Chieftain...., then youd HAVE TO LIKE THESE., theyre classic., and beautiful and if they werent ., then Disney wouldnt be using one of them for the new film.

HarborMaster

The Royalist is a nice looking vessel for sure., but you cant take away anything from., the lines of

http://www.anchoryachts.com/cus060s001.htm

or especially these two

http://www.seadragon.com/compassrose/

http://www.caribbeansail.com/stpeter/

If you really like the west coast ships....,The Lady Washington., The Royalist., and the Hawaiian Chieftain...., then youd HAVE TO LIKE THESE., theyre classic., and beautiful and if they werent ., then Disney wouldnt be using one of them for the new film.

HarborMaster

Well Sir, You must agree that beauty and authenticity is not exactly the same thing. With some work the St. Pete could be much better-looking….er says some gun ports. Still I would gladly pay her slip fee if’n she were mine. :)