cant beleive it!!!

lady constance

this is soooooooooooo off topic!

our wsher motor fried after 11 years .... new motor orderd { we can afford pirating because silas can diagnose and FIX anything!!!}

soooo that means we are hitting the laundromat til washer fixed..... last week saturnday night the silas and i went there for a date night...

silas just loaded up the van with the laundry and took the 3 youngest kids there.. i told them to bring me home treasures.. old crazy socks, quarters, scour the place for things that might be useful or fun--- whatever... { got a daughter that makes sock things}....

well so there i am sitting at the sewing machine working on a set of stays( only lining and trim to put on and they are DONE!!) and after than drafted a pattern from a good will dress to make it into a short jacket, and i get text messages and photos of the kids having fun at the laundromat... THEN I READ THE FINAL text message which says: grace found a ring.. i think it is real!---

sooooooooo home they come after loads are done.... A 14KARAT HEAVY GOLD WEDDING BAND---{ dont bothertellingme it is yours!! you dont like here-- or i shallsay something like tell me the name of the laundromat!!}

apparently as the kids were on the floor, looking under the machines for stuff, they found piles of change { very enchanting to 5,7, and 9 year olds... the 7 year old saw what he thught was gold quarter.. grsace goes digging and low and behold!!! A RING!!

the kids are so thrilled --i told them i would buy the ring from them.... they can have the cash!! {at scrap gold prices you know}

sooooooooo know what the kids said" MOMMMMMY lets go visit ALLLLLLLLLLL the laundromats in our city and we shall do the same! maybe we will find MORE TREASURE!!!".....

OH MY GOODNESS! i think we are raising pirates!!! { well at least opportunists!!!}

so-- any one needing spare change...i suggest laundromats!!!

treasure ye be seeking? aye--- GO!!!!

This is very un piratical of me (but what can I say, I'm a "goodwife")

....Did you try to turn it in or find the owner?

Cook and Seamstress to the Half Moon Marauders

Lady Brower's Treasures, Clothing and other treasures

Hell Hath No Fury like the Wrath of a Woman... No that's it. She doesn't need a reason.

www.myspace.com/halfmoonmarauders

www.myspace.com/faerienoodle

What a fun story. One of my aunts found a diamond ring in a bowling ball years back. She told the alley owner she found a ring and gave them her phone number, never got a call on it so she wears he ring to this day. lol I was lucky enough to find a golden rope bracelet on a street corner in the water left by the melted snow. Put a free add in the local paper but never heard from anyone. (lucky me!) Hmm ...never sold the thing either and I don't wear it ...thanks for the reminder.

I agree with LadyBrower not very pirate like, then again I am not a pirate, I am a business owner. A wedding ring is a golden treasure to you but likely a hearts treasure to the owner.

i suppose i could write a lost and found piece and see if anyone claims it.. if they can describe it and perhaps even a picture...

i suspect it will prove fruitless....

if i was in the same situation i would want no less...

i suppose that i could put it up in the landromat they found it in.... that might avail more.....

thanks for making me a better human being!!!

i shall do it!

Problem comes as to returning it to the RIGHTFUL OWNER ...you want to do the right thing but the greed of some scammers will bring them out of the woodwork if they smell profit from the ad or too accurate a description ...I've found you need to make them describe their ring to you rather than posting it or worse yet a photo ...if it's engraved on the inside as many wedding bands are make sure the initials or dates match ...just my tuppence worth :D

Callenish--

yah the ad will say found a wedding ring. if you can describe it or even better yet, provide a photo, you can have it back.

(i do have wee bit of experience with the craftiness and con artist seeking prescriptions .....)

the only caveat i havenot thought about is, i DONT want them calling my home or cell phone number.....

a few weeks ago, my 17 year old found a cell phone.. he found out the owners name and called and said he found their phone.. BUT he gave his older brothers name and cell phone and let the BIG boy deal with the guy { BIG boy ,6'5" 270 pounds works in the slums and carrys a peice...) the owner was delighted it was returned and give them 20 bucks as a finders fee { was a 300 dollar phone}---

i may do the same with big boy.....

and i so appreciate your caring what happens to me and making sure some liar does not profit from it....

and it is a size 4 or5..so i would bet it belonged to a lady!! and not a man....

and i wontlose it as i am currently wearing it on my right hand!!