Mission the Surgeon's 15 Minutes of Fame

Mission

Someone at the local paper found out that I do pirate re-enacting and they sent a cool reporter out to interview me. So I just spent an hour and a half with the guy talking about pirate re-enacting, the forum, Stynky, my Patrick Hand original hat and authentic Michael Bagley garb, Red Jessi, Stynky, Grace Thatcher, PiP, Stynky and, of course, Stynky. I even played him my phone message that Stynky left for me at PiP in 2007, which you can re-read here. I told him to quote it verbatim. ("That's Paul. P A U L. Sounds just like a-PALL-ing.")

If it actually turns into an article, I'll be sure to post links to it so's you can all be nauseated by my self-aggrandizing. :unsure: It's a local paper with about ~70k readers, so I think this is my shot at 15 minutes. ;)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

LOL.. Oh, dear God!

Welp, lookin' forward t' readin' that article, Mission. :unsure:

Tis crazy, isn't it? Wait until ye have two TV statons fighting over who is better at interviewin' ye. LOL

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Ah, yes... Daily Surgery Tips with Mission...I can see it all now. :unsure:

BTW, Connie, he was extraordinarily interested in whole Baby Lion and Grace chain of events. He said he was going to try and write a sidebar article specifically about that and asked me for a photo of her. If the article gets published, I'd guess the sidebar has a high probably of getting chopped if they don't want to use the space, but I thought you'd enjoy that. If it gets published I will post links.

And, for the record, I said nothing good whatsoever about Stynky so it will probably be very useful in getting him elected.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

Excellent! Congratulations, my friend! Perhaps YOU will play the doctor in the next "Master and Commander" film! As Mr. Wilde once said, "the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about!"

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

you crack me up----

i hope you get lots of ink!!

set michegan ON FIRE with the love of re enacting of piracy!!!! { since big business has been doing it for years and getting away with corporate piracy!!}

not going to say anything to grace until the deed is done, if ever...

she continues to create fluffy things!!! as of late,she is trying to make hanging kitties for your poor lonesome bereft of ornaments tree.............."cant it be a tree of DIFFERNT kinds of cats mom?" why sure it can grace~~

prepare for inundation..... she is as prolific with a needle and machine as you are with words!!

Bereft of ornaments?! It has loads of ornaments! (Oh, thank her for sending me the one she did. She should have put her picture in it, though. It's my Grace ornament.)

Hey, the writer said he was going to make sure and mention the May Santa Maria event at the end of the article, so who knows? Perhaps there will be a Michigan contingent in Columbus.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Eye hope the article has pictures...LoL

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

They have asked me to supply some photos. The reporter said they'd probably only use one or maybe two. I expect they'll hate my photos and want to take some which probably means a trip to Columbus is in my future since Michael has all my gear...most particularly my Patrick Hand original hat.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Mary, you're a skull! Congratulations!

(I keep having to reset my post count every few months so I can remain a skull. Fortunately, my new admin powers allow me to do that.)

"With these powers I could be...a superhero! I could fight crime, protect the innocent...work for world peace!

But first..."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Almost Famous.

After I saw it a few months ago, I liked it so much that I immediately went out and bought the expanded/deluxe DVD set. Did you know it contains a music CD of The Stillwater tracks? Awesome movie.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Oh, and you = Penny Lane.

Mission_banner5.JPG

I'm a Band Aid? Hrm. lol

I too have that edition of the movie - which is completely fantastic. Have you listened to the commentary? Since the work is more than a little semi-autobiographical for, the commentary is the director and his mother. It's fab!

Penny made that movie. Quirky, independent, clever and cool. I actually haven't watched the special edition because I had just watched the movie from NF when I purchased it (and actually watched it again with the commentary on the regular version because I liked it so much.) Having so recently seen it twice, I decided to wait for the opportune moment.

Mission_banner5.JPG

I really like the expanded cut. I haven't watch the theatrical version since I saw it in the theater. Mostly. There have been 2 times where I caught it playing on HBO, but when I would get to a scene that was missing, I would get fed up and just pop in my DVD.

"FECK YOU!"

"Did she just use the 'F' word?"

"I think she said 'feck'."

"What's the difference?"

"The letter 'U'."

Mission, I enjoyed reading your 'Journal' you wrote.

One minor mistake on a picture. A gal you named "Original Cin" is "Liberte Sparrow" and is from Calif. Last I knew she was still in the Port Royal Privateers.

She's actually a police officer as is her husband who works in a different area of the police dept.

• 2 weeks later...

Here you have it: http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100207/NEWS01/702079971

It's a pretty nice article about re-enacting in addition to everything else, I think.

Mission_banner5.JPG

Rather good article!

I enjoyed it and it's something to be proud of . . .

It also "catures" you well, so to speak :D (pun intended). After meeting you in Paynetown, I appreciate it and you better. You came off REALLY well.

Congrats on being featured!

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg