Loyalist Arms shoes

Captain McCool

I dunno... the more I think about it the more tempted I am to just go to Target and grab a pair of square-toe harness boots for $50, then cut them up, add fake latchets, throw on a GoF buckle, and call it good.

Thoughts?

always good to have a back up pair....but i do like the way they look...and tis good to explain that these shoes are replicas based off of ones found off shipwrecks....gives one more thing to talk about in a living history and such

but i still do have a pair of fuggawees for back up...or the slop shoes if goinna get messy

damn...just realized...i'm must be a shoe whore.....dang it :D

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

Not the best picture, but these are the black/rough out shoes (don;t remember if they are the late or early).

effingwithMD002.jpg

Is that a picture of "Sole Food"?

"Sole Food"! And are we not followers of the Black Powder Movement and the Great Leader, Talcum X? Right Arms!

"Sole Food"! And are we not followers of the Black Powder Movement and the Great Leader, Talcum X? Right Arms!

Indeed, indeed. LMAO

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

• 1 month later...

A day late 'n two coin short but I will toss in me three pence;

I was in th' first batch o' Loyalist Arms shoes, black, rough out. When they first came I could not get me foot inside but Loyalist did right by me and had a brand new pair made....no real explanation as to what happened but I have heard rumors. When me new pair came (almost one year since me first order) they Fit Like A Dream, as good as me caBoots (also custom ordered).

I firstly took them hiking in me local hills t' break them in; about 3 miles th' first out I did, got bad blisters on me heels but they healed. Then I took them hiking again, over rocks and sand, down dirt trails and up hill sided; this time no blisters - they were ready for faire time!

I have now walked in a parade through town with them, walked miles upon miles at almost two dozen faire with them, have drank till the bar tender tossed me out many a time with them, and I have walked upon several a ship deck with them. It has been over one year now since they dawned me feet, and I still love them!

However; I am Extra weary o' water then wear'n them! I have however gotten rained upon (shortly) and walked through wet grass (wearily) and I have sacrificed many a good photo opt for the mere fear o' what submerging them in the water would do. Lets face it - True sea worthy pirates did NOT wear modern made Leather shoes *PERIOD*

Oh, also, I cheat (hey - P.i.R.a.T.e.) I coat th' bottom o' me shoes with Shoe Goo, it also helps t' protect th' nails what where having their heads worn off from all th' concrete and paved walkways in our world t'day. As of this day, th' bottom o' me souls have much more wear t' show then th' pristine photo from Michaelsbagley (oh, and Michaelsbagley; try some Irish "whole grain" oatmeal, tis much more better then that flaky stuff!!)

...I digress; be'n on dialup 'n all;

Mine be o' th' Early design as I too strive fer 1680 to 1710, and they be rough out, and black.

Here be a link t' some photos taken round last summer, they still look as fine thou th' bottoms have a bit more wear now...but not much:

Mad L's shoes - bout half way down th' page

Edited by MadL

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Thanks for the three pence!

At this point I really do think I'll buy a pair of harness boots somewere and just go to town on them to make them look "period." I have a feeling I could make them look pretty accurate, if one doesn't get too close. But I'm still considering the Loyalist shoes...

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 8 months later...

Unfortunately, no. I never could find a suitable pair of boots to destroy, and after a while I kind of gave up. Then other things took precedence in my head, and there you go. It's still a big one on my "to do" list though.

Captain Jack McCool, landlocked pirate extraordinaire, Captain of the dreaded prairie schooner Ill Repute, etc. etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel, and a hull, and a deck, and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom."

-Captain Jack Sparrow

• 4 weeks later...

No Quarter Given did a great tutorial on how to make shoes out of these in one of their issues a couple years ago.

Me, I may be the only one whose Loyalist shoes fit but I wore them 12 hours a day down in Key West for five days straight without a single pain, callous, or blister. They saved my feet for sure. As I noted. I got my fit from measuring three different times over two weeks to compensate for swelling and other issues. Then I averaged the measurements and converted into centimeters to get a good fit. But I know others have not had similar pleasant experiences.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

actually hurricane, mine fit as well! Quite nicely in fact. These are the first shoes that feel good to wear. i even made a mental note this year that i kept wearing them after hours!(which is hasnt happened with aannyy other shoes)...only problem is i slide around in them abit....otherwise..great all around!

-Israel Cross-

- Boatswain of the Archangel - .

Colonial Seaport Foundation

Crew of the Archangel

Yeah, I had to change the size of the socks I wore. I also ended up added a Dr. Scholls thingy into them, just to add cushion over the pebbles and rocks of Key West hinterlands. But I couldn't be happier. Glad you found them to be the same.

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Damn. Tempting... Very tempting...

-Captain Jack Sparrow