My New Pirate Boots

Redvipers

They look very nice for the price. Mine were $600 custom hand sewn elkhide. I finally broke down and baught them because I knew that once I got 'em I'd were 'em all the time. I've gone all of two weeks put together wearing other footwear in the last five years. If I were in the market fer new boots, though, I'd certainly snag those. Nice work.

I am Julius Aurelius, future ruler of the universe. Kneel quickly, for I have many feeble minds to overcome.

Aye... they look very nice, indeed. I been out te DSW Shoe Warehouse lookin fer some cheap, clearance pirate boots meself (tall neck with the hook/overlap on the top.. hopefully brown of black. Unfortunatly... I haven't been having much luck with that! :ph34r:

I know I could be ordering off a site, but I'd rather not spend $30-$40 on boots like that. Call me cheap, but I been treating many people te drinks at the pub! :ph34r:

Cabinlass Maggie :ph34r:

It'll be the rope's end for that one, me bucko.

I just ordered these new Pirate boots ($65.95 with shipping) I'll let you know how the are when I get them.

House of Andar

boots.gif

Well, I got me boots...six days from Maryland to North East Florida...not too bad. I did not know what to expect, having no knowledge of re-enactment clothing. They are soft and loooooonnnng...lol I'm just over six feet tall and they come almost up to my Long John Silver so when I wear them where they are comfortable they are somewhat wrinkled looking......don't know it that is normal or not but they look just fine. They are lined with some kind of foam material and are quite comfortable. All in all I think they are a good buy....House of Andar even threw a nice eye patch in the bottom of the box.

I am well pleased with them. Now I'm on the look out for some pants that do not bunch up where they go into the boot and a nice frock coat......like to have a British Naval officer's coat to wear at my book signings. I be keep'n a weather eye out fer such garb and if'n ye sees any please let me know.

Fair Winds and lots of Prey. :(

Captain Viper

(Joe O'Steen)

This summer, I hope to be making my own British naval officer's jacket... Unfortunately, I haven't found so much as a pattern around. I guess it'll be a lot of museums and photos for me....

Desert Pyrate

Patterns of Timeunder mens colonial section has Men's Military coat patten that can be modified for what you want. If you want someone else to do the work C. D. Jarnagin ,Cornith, Mississippi has a stock coat that they will modify for you. all for under $300... I'm still looking a little more before I take the plunge. I have a Confederate re-enactor here in St. Augustine, Fl who is willing to make me a uniform....might go that route....

Well Good luck to ye and hope these urls help you in your quest for a coat.

Fair Winds

Joe

They have zippers, Mr. Vipers?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

[They are soft and loooooonnnng...lol  I'm  just over six feet tall and they come almost up to my Long John Silver so when I wear them where they are comfortable they are somewhat wrinkled looking......don't know it that is normal or not but they look just fine.

Aye,

I too just received me boots from SCAboots. I be on the petite side just under 5'3" and these boots cover me entire legs. Had to fold all the way down and also scrunch to get them to me knees. Otherwise, they be folded over thigh highs. Not real comfortable for walkin. I was hopin to wear them under me skirt in the "real world" but I don't think it will work.They be warm with the foam and leather. Good for winter here in Arizona...but me period style sandles be great too (if yer not a captain or a captain in disguise.)

period style sandels

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Ahoy Mateys,

I would just like to say that I plundered a pair of maiden boots from SCAboots and they be comfortable ....HOWEVER me hands turn black every time I touch them. Now this does make me look more piratey, but I don't want to eat with black hands and there not be much water at these events. Has anyone else experienced this with other boots?

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got the same boots from House of Ander today.

I am very happy with them. They are comfortable and not as hard to get off and on with the zipper at the ankle.

I recommend these boots to anyone that is in the market.

The best thing is that they were only $65.95!!

Capt. BLACK SKOT

"Permit me aboard and I'll be takin yer ship!"

"Don't permit me abourd and I'll still be takin yer ship!"

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered boots from House of Andar this past Saturday night. They arrived this past Tuesday.

I am impressed....both by the boots and by the service. The boots are the softest and most supple I've ever seen. They look great and are very comfortable.

House of Andar is great to deal with. They are very concerned with customer satisfaction and go out of their way to be friendly, helpful and provide excellent customer service.

The owner (Andrew) called me when I emailed him about the boots being too large to tell me he was sending a smaller size and a pre-paid return shipping label.

Andrew also said he will be adding pirate clothing to his products soon, starting with breeches.

I highly recommend House of Andar. I know I will be dealing with them again.

Thanks Redvipers!! :blink:

~Selestia~

First Wench

Pyrates Of the Eastern Sea

Email - pyratesoftheeasternsea@usa.com

Website - Pyrates Of The Eastern Sea

Pirate Reenactor - Tales Of The Seven Seas

website - Tales Of The Seven Seas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wildest dream come true ~or~ worst nightmare realized....

the choice is NOT yours....

it all depends on which mood I'm in

.... and....

how much rum there is to drink!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~