Pyrates Way #11 Gone to Press

TheBlackFox

Sad to say. . .. we're still a bit behind but Pyrates Way #11 has gone to press this very day. Included in her pages is information on Grace O'Malley, Jeff McCay's Pyrate Screenplay, A look back at Pirate Master (with more info than you expect), and tons more. The best part of gettin' yer hands on a subscriber's version of Pyrates Way #11 is the FREE booty. Of course, we include free booty in every issue. . . . it's what's made us the most popular pyrate magazine! This issue we fulfill a promise long past. . . we extend our issue count to #5 on the year with our own "Scallywags" magazine for kids. This small addendum to our usual feast of pyrate delights is directed at the wee ones who we need to break into the sweet trade as early as possible.

Subscribe before January 15th and you'll be sure to get this free booty in the mail.

Thanks for hangin' in there with us mates. . . . we're on our way to catchin' up to the seasons and gettin' back on track to being a rightful quarterly again.

• 1 month later...

I somehow doubt it, since I haven't yet received my Issue number ten..or any issues of my subscription actually.:P

Send me your real name and address at: publisher@pyratesway.com (not here at the pub) and I'll check the subscription files. We had a few #10s come back recently (that were mailed out two months ago) and the address on your subscription may be incorrect.

Email sent.

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

As long as your address is correct as YOU typed it-you should get it... as I copied and pasted the addy from your post.

When I get home, I can cut and paste my email to you.

In fact I can post ALL my correspondence to you.

you really like to stir it up don't you?

When it is apparent that not only I subscribed, but that I sent you an email, I will require an apology for how you have treated me.

re: your own post:

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I try to over-extend to make things right again.

you are wrong in this case.I expect you to make it right.

by the way- the title of said email was cake eaters and whiners...

that should help you find it...

Edited by Gunpowder Gertie
BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

As long as your address is correct as YOU typed it-you should get it... as I copied and pasted the addy from your post.

When I get home, I can cut and paste my email to you.

In fact I can post ALL my correspondence to you.

you really like to stir it up don't you?

When it is apparent that not only I subscribed, but that I sent you an email, I will require an apology for how you have treated me.

re: your own post:

you are wrong in this case.I expect you to make it right.

by the way- the title of said email was cake eaters and whiners...

that should help you find it...

Still nothing?

Well- Mr. Black Fox, here is my solution. Why don't you email me here, off my profile at the Pub?

I will return reply you with all my subscription information.

That way..you will get my info as Gunpowder Gertie,(*not that it should matter who I am, I am a subscriber emailing you regarding a subscription problem, I would expect you to answer regardless of what message board affiliation that I have...)

and I will get a reply to an email...

since apparently you have a problem with that.

Since you are replying to an email addy I have set up, then it only goes to follow that the email addy will be correct and your email will get to me.

And since I will be responding to an already existing email addy, and will merely have to hit "send reply" then it will only go to follow, that you should get the email from me, since I do not have to use my limited cognitive skills to type in the correct address.

This sounds like a fair solution to me, unless you really do have no interest in resolving this.

The ball, as they say, is in your court.

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

I jest luv a good sword fight

swordfightsmiles.gif

It's actually a gun fight. . . they always come bearing the wrong weapon! I feel it's a battle of wits and apparently I'm the only one armed! LOL

the problem with bringing a gun to a sword fight, is when you drop it, it shoots off your foot.

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

did that statement on the web site appear before or after she subscribed?

After, of course. Apparently, as I understand it, he does this sometimes, gets caught in a problematical situation, and backtracks and changes info already posted.

and here is the proof:

from my Paypal receipt.

Business Contact Information

Email: steve@pyratesway.com Phone: 302-312-7041 Item Name: Pyrates Way CAN Subscription ONE YEAR Item Number: PWCAN01-07 Shipping Address: Kim XXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

North Vancouver British Columbia XXXX

Canada

Confirmed

Sorry- I X'd out my personal info.

I would like to point out that one, the amount paid is higher for the Canadian subscription. Two: It even says CAN subscription.

Three: I paid in US, not CDN dollars.

here, look:

Oct 15, 2008 Payment To The Pyrates Way, LLC Completed ... -$34.00 USD

I can screen cap it, if you'd like.

Now- there is an interesting twist.

When I got a new credit card, in January 2009, and updated my info on Paypal, it "cancelled" the subscription, because it was no longer the credit card of record. Even though the payment for the transaction had been completed by PAYPAL, and not credit card in October 2008. I want to make that clear. The "cancellation" was merely procedure because of the updating of the credit card.The amount was NEVER refunded to me. And- to make sure everything was okay, I emailed Mr. Black Fox..firstly to see if he had cancelled the subscription, because I had no idea the change in credit card info- not number, but expiry date actually, would cause Paypal to issue this.-Only to find it was not,because it was Paypal updating the card info. AND I also emailed him (again) to make sure that he knew that the subscription was NOT cancelled by me, that it was a Paypal procedure, and I wished to receive my magazines.As far as I understood it, it was not the actual subscription that was cancelled- but the subscription notice.The subscription notice will allow your subscription to be auto renewed using the same info...In this case the info changed, and the subscription notice was cancelled. NOT the subscription itself. Therefore no need for a refund. (And- No auto renew for you, Mr. Black Fox.)

I of, course heard nothing back ( including word of a refund). I have these emails, and I can post them.

AND- I never received a REFUND. ever.

Do you honestly think that I would expect a subscription, and take you to task on it, if I hadn't thoroughly checked out the details?

So- I'm expecting my mags, and an apology, any day now.

remember:

If you say you refunded my 34 US dollars, please show me proof of that transaction. There is nothing in my Paypal statement from October 15, 2008 to January 30th, 2010 to indicate that you refunded anything to me.

I'll let the nation bashing slide for now, I know that you have done it to citizens of your own country as well. And that has nothing to do with the issue, at hand..

oh! Issue..at hand...

oh hah! I made a funny!

Must be that wit you find so lacking...

Parry. parry. Thrust. Thrust.

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

I wonder if that web site change happened after it was proven what a lying, arrogant, condescending asshole he is, just for him to try to save face? I mean once he was proven a lying cheating incompetent bastard in one instance how would it look if he got caught treating his customers like crap a second time? Do I sense a pattern from such a hotshot publisher that can't keep his contractual agreements with his subscribers to deliver the product in a timely fashion? I mean 10 months behind schedule is a bit more than a glitch with the printer ....sound more like a scam to fleece more folks by bilking subscribers and running around beginning new rags and bilking them to keep it going and as long as he keeps telling folks it's coming soon ....it's oddly like a Ponzi scheme

Ponzi

As long as he keeps getting subscribers to put money into his schemes he gets to play publisher and start magazines for every role playing fad that comes along ...he travels on your money and writes off the trips and meals and hotels as a business expense. Meanwhile not delivering the product promised contractually by accepting your subscription payments. So good luck to anyone who pitches their hard earned money to this low-life leech to placate his ego so that he can pretend to be a professional publisher.

Steve Kimball AKA Sir Black Fox is worthless con-man

I believe this might fall under the Federal Mail Fraud Statutes. Perhaps I'll make a call to the Postal inspectors office on Monday.

Edited by callenish gunner

I had no idea this thread would be so delicious...

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

hey folks,

there is an ad for Hatchet Meg's Gourmet Rum Cakes that appears in Pirates Way magazine. It states that the books are available from Amazon. Please purchase them directly from Hatchet Meg at HatchetMeg.com for $22.95- a whole lot cheaper that $39.95 that amazon wants and the $$ goes directly to HM as opposed to Amazon.

Ah well- fer those what might er might not care about what happened wi' me subscription and Mr. Black Fox...

in a word:

Nothing.

I have PMed him here at the pub, and of course I emailed him per his request. And noted that on the email request in this thread.

Subsequent to his posting of his mother-in-law's demise, he has come to the pub to update his status: "I always win, it's a pirate thing"..strange thing to post the day after his MIL's death, eh? I updated my status to Where's My Magazines, Mr. Black Fox, and 2 hours later he deleted his status to ...

He has been to my profile, but has not left me either a pm or email. In short I have not heard from him.

So- I am still out my 35 dollars for my Canadian subscription, which he claims to not exist- funny how it say CAN subscription on my paypal receipt, innit?

So- if anyone happens to bump into him, give him a hearty Ahoy- Where's Gertie's magazines?

And I'll be much obliged!

And fer those what think to subscribe from this bottom feeder:

beware.

No magazines, no communication, but plenty of insults for yer coin.

oh- and look- he's been back to edit his comments, so it looks like he didn't insult us. how nice.

I was hopin' the thread would be locked so he couldn't do this.

So- he can come back here and edit his comments so it' not apparent that he insulted me, but he can't email or pm me to fix this....

and let's not forget he said this too:

Sorry if I didn't answer every email and pm about the lateness of the issues. . .with all of the information on the website, I found that repeating something that any pirate with a lick of sense could find out on their own. again was not covered under the umbrella of "customer service." I don't respond well to whiners so I don't respond at all to them.

If you're too lazy or not smart enough to check a website for publication dates that were ALWAYS updated, that's your problem mates. . . not mine. I'm a one-man business busting my butt to deliver what I think is a high quality product that, unlike other magazines, never, ever skips an issue. . . . it might be 10 months late. . . . but not skipped. I don't have time for lazy pirates looking for an excuse to complain.

Yeah. . .I'm a bit defensive over what I do for a living. . . not for just a hobby like most pirate enthusiasts.

Refunds for a subscription balance are always available. . . no questions asked.

BuccaneersBanner2012.jpg

Glad to see how well Sir Slack Pox stands behind his words .... Lying Coward ...He comes in and insults all around and then sneaks back in like the thief that he is and tries to hide the evidence of his contempt for those who paid for product that wasn't delivered

Edited by callenish gunner