Happy birthday Mission

Red-Handed Jill

Hope your day is great. Happy birthday!

I'll eat when I'm hungry. I'll drink when I'm dry. If the hard times don't kill me I'll lay down and die.

Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey! Rye whiskey I cry. If you don't give me rye whiskey, I surely will die.

Happy Birthday to a most charming FBC. Or is charming curmudgeon an oxymoron? :blink:

Anyway, hope the day was grand.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

A very happy birthday to ye Mission....

...and no, he'll never be legal...no matter how many times he claims he's been pressed into service.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Happy Beerthday ya Bastid!

If I had only known at PiP it twas yar Beerthday, I would have pushed you off the peer or at least stolen your hat, your tankard, something. . .

Hehe - Have you done an inventory of your stuff lately?

Pressed! Pressed, I tell ya'. Don't believe all that evidence Silas and Micky are compiling...

Aw shucks. Thanks guys. Stynky, my good friend and waiter, you will notice that in many of the pictures of me I have my mug in hand (including the group shot). Even though you said you left, I was still suspicious. You might have agents like Josh working for you or something... And Duchess, for you, I'm glad to...No, wait, that is just going to sound wrong.

I have actually made it a very specific point not to mention my impending bday pre-PiP because, as you all know, I am very shy and retiring and try to avoid any potentially embarrassing situations while there.

Goofing aside, thanks again to everyone for the well wishes.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Happy birthday, Mission. How are the old eyeballs?

"The time was when ships passing one another at sea backed their topsails and had a 'gam,' and on parting fired guns; but those good old days have gone. People have hardly time nowadays to speak even on the broad ocean, where news is news, and as for a salute of guns, they cannot afford the powder. There are no poetry-enshrined freighters on the sea now; it is a prosy life when we have no time to bid one another good morning."

- Capt. Joshua Slocum

In need of assistance when reading. *Sigh* And I do love reading so.

As for the retinopathy, I still get this weird flash when going from dark places to light ones. I'll take that over going blind, though. :unsure:

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG