Pyrate Party - Seattle

hurricane

Ship’s log – The Blackheart, 02/22/04

Ahoy, mates!

Nigel here, reporting on the Pardi Gras bash at the TNT last night.

The tavern was packed to the rafters (literally) with boisterous pirates, bawdy wenches, and even more raucous friends. The beer and song were flowing, and high spirits abounded.

Our gorgeous Florida wench (and my pirate ex-wife), the “Goddess in the Bodice” [that delicate flower from Orlando - yes, our own “Orlando Bloom”] came all the way out here to celebrate her 21st birthday. She is so young and lovely, and a welcome addition to the crewe.

Quite the crowd of pirates and naughty-cal types attended: The Pyrates of the Coast (us), The Caribbean Pirates of Seattle, and of course the Thryce Wycked Wenches.

Our friend, Billy Bones, came all the way from Oregon to spend the evening with the crewe. What an extraordinarily handsome, debonair pirate he is, and a darn fine guy. We welcome ye to join us any time, Billy!

Many new pirate and wench friends joined us as well. Dreamboat Annie brought a whole crewe of new wenches. And our newest wench – “Belay”, joined us in all her finery. The entire tavern was full of swash buckling sorts!

We raised a toast to our younger contingent, and other crewe members who were unable to be with us.

The Goddess in the Bodice performed a couple of jazz tunes with myself; ‘twas a joy to be sure. She has quite the set of pipes, and a great singing voice too! (Plus, it gave me a chance to break out me “special” guitar, which has not been used on a gig in many a year!) Any time ye wants to, ye have an open invitation to sing wit’ me, dear. Just too bad we didn’t have a grand piano for ye to sprawl out on. [Note to captain: Look for a grand piano!]

The Thryce Wycked Wenches stole the show. They had the crowd in the palm of their hand, which is just exactly the way they like it. B) Their naughty, bawdy tunes were a direct hit. What a team we make! A dual broadside, full-on boarding party! Resistance is useless against our combined forces!

The crowd in the balcony were particularly unruly (and fun!), and the distribution of Mardi Gras beads was continuous, adding to the mayhem.

Notice: Somewhere along in the night, someone lost their head of hair. Brown, about shoulder length. It is at the TNT tavern, ask the bartender. Ah, ‘tis the way of things when this crewe embarks upon a Pirate raid…

What a night!

The Pyrates would like to thank everyone who came down for the evening; we had a great time. Keep watching for upcoming Pyrates of the Coast events!

Now to rest, and recuperate.

:blink:

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Thanks for lettin' me hang out with you all. Handsome? Debonair? Better get yer deadlights checked, Nigel. I enjoyed meself....wish I could have said goodbye ta Slow..Sloe...well, Gin. I'm sorry I missed the Goddess singin'. I musta bin drinkin' rum next door at the time. Aw well, next time maybe. Regards, B.B. P.S. Any pics?

Capt. William Bones

Then he rapped on the door with a bit of stick like a handspike that he carried, and when my father appeared, called roughly for a glass of rum. This, when it was brought to him, he drank slowly, like a connoisseur, lingering on the taste, and still looking about him at the cliffs and up at our signboard.

"This is a handy cove," says he, at length; " and a pleasant sittyated grog-shop. Much company, mate?"

My father told him no, very little company, the more was the pity.

"Well, then," said he, "this is the berth for me."

Proprietor of Flags of Fortune.

Glad ye had a good time, mate.

I have a couple pics, will send them to the captain to post on www.piratesofthe coast.com

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"