A damn good time was had by all

Hawkyns

Absolutely great to see the folks at the Lock House gathering this weekend. Blackjohn, Callenish, Saltypots, Hamish, Michael Bagley, Kate Souris, Dorian Lassiter and his lady (sorry, I'm lousy with names), Crimson Corsair - I'm sure I'm missing names here. Friday night was a bit of an adventure, camping when it's below freezing is always a special time. But great weather, some grand skirmishes, wonderful food, an new cannon tested, and some lively talk around the campfire, and of course, rum, cider, and beer. What more to ask for?? Looking forward to doing it all again at PiP.

Hawkyns

Cannon add dignity to what otherwise would be merely an ugly brawl

I do what I do for my own reasons.

I do not require anyone to follow me.

I do not require society's approval for my actions or beliefs.

if I am to be judged, let me be judged in the pure light of history, not the harsh glare of modern trends.

rod_21.jpg

Thanks. And thanks to youpl* for coming down. This was probably the biggest turn out we have ever had for the Lockhouse. Which was great, but it also stretched the limits of the battlefield. I know when we came around the last bend there on the causeway, and the govt troops finally came in to view, the reaction amongst the pirates was "oh crap, look at 'em all!" Of course, my answer to that was to threaten them with a rotting fish head. Probably a bad idea, since we spent the weekend shooting at each other after that incident.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks to everyone. It was a pleasure, and maybe (crosses fingers) we'll be invited back some day.

ps - I'm really looking forward to the pics, especially pics of the fish head

* I'm trying out a new version of you (plural).

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

Thanks. And thanks to youpl* for coming down.

In Spanish the word is vosotros (masculine) and vosotras (feminine). so you could use that.

I need to plan to attend this event in the future. I've wanted to ever since Mary Diamond posted photos of it from a few years back. That and Ojai are on my wanna' list... If only Duchess would abduct me since she has a little plane.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Or you could come with us... Heck your creation Becky made the trip, I see no reason why you couldn't as well. :rolleyes:

Thanks. And thanks to youpl* for coming down.

In Spanish the word is vosotros (masculine) and vosotras (feminine). so you could use that.

I need to plan to attend this event in the future. I've wanted to ever since Mary Diamond posted photos of it from a few years back. That and Ojai are on my wanna' list... If only Duchess would abduct me since she has a little plane.

Michael_banner.jpg

Yeah, that's one of the reasons why I miss it. Most of the other languages I have studied have one. Of course, English does have a couple unofficial version - youse, ya'll come to mind. But we digress.

I need to plan to attend this event in the future.

This may have been the last one. I'm not positive but there is a chance that it was.

My Home on the Web

Or you could come with us... Heck your creation Becky made the trip, I see no reason why you couldn't as well. :rolleyes:

Did she break any more bars in her on-going attempts to escape and eat Jessica's brains when she is all alone at the house? (I didn't make her, you know - she's a very quiet undead.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

Mission_banner5.JPG

No, we were gentle with her, so I am fairly certain no further bars in her gibbet cage were broken... But I couldn't keep my eye on her the entire time, so when we unpack her tonight, I might find another bar that has been gnawed through (although I hope not). I also waited until after this trip to repair her, so that if any more bars broke, I could perhaps divide some of the "patches" you sent. I'll be repairing the gibbet this week and then packing it for her trip south.

Did she break any more bars in her on-going attempts to escape and eat Jessica's brains when she is all alone at the house? (I didn't make her, you know - she's a very quiet undead.)

Michael_banner.jpg

Just a couple images to whet the appetite...

PB070047a.jpg

PB070017.jpg

PB070012.jpg

PB070027.jpg

PB070048a.jpg

PB070053a.jpg

Edited by Dorian Lasseter

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

PB070012.jpg

"There's damsels in distress out there...and we got all this beer!

We'll free them from their condos and bring them over here.

We'll show them his gold records,

We'll play his music loud,

We'll party just like Bubba does,

We'll do the old man proud."

Mission_banner5.JPG

PB070063.jpg

PB070064a.jpg

PB070065.jpg

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

Someone who is adept at PhotoShop should do something about those backgrounds...if not for them it would be difficult to distinguish the time period. Brilliant!

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

It was a fantastic, and easygoing event....

great to see old friends, meet more online friends in person, and get out to play and actully cook for and as a group again. Thanks to all who came and made it fun and the folks who hosted the event for having us. Like always we had the camara and never took many photos, we will upload what we do have though. <_<

Ye Ships potter,

Salty

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Excellent pictures! Too bad I don't have photoshop or I would attempt to edit out that modern stuff. That looks like you all had a great time.

I just hope someone got pics of the after hours fencing. And even more, the "lets beat John repeatedly in the head with larp swords" that went on after the fencing. That was a blast!

My Home on the Web

Yarrh, Blackjohn, as an ol' Georgia boy, th' proper word be rolleyes.gif "y'all" dry.gifbiggrin.gif. Mission, sure an' ye be welcome at Ojai any time ye care tae make yer presence known. I be unofficial-like, but then we be an unofficial sort o' 'faire! wink.gif Ye all looked great...wish we could'a rushed ye some reinforcements agin' those weaselly minions o' oppression! That causeway looks a bangin' good place tae engage.

Aye William...

I should send you a copy of all the image I have...

Let you 'fix' all of them in such a grand way...

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

LasseterSignatureNew.gif