My nephew Brennan

Black Syren

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brennan, tis a good Irish name. I am nary a pirate or pirate hunter. I am but a humble proprietress of "The Sealkies Hide" that serves the likes of those here. You, good lad, are welcome there any time.

Now, as one who owns a place were people gather I am relied upon to give people news of the world. I would be greatly obliged if you could tell me tales of the lass that goes by the name of Black Syren. Who would know her better than her cabin boy and nephew? (Creativity in narration and embellishment of the truth is encouraged!)

The scoop is..I was very quiet. I loved school, came home cleaned house then stayed in my room where my drafting table, books and TV was. I shared a room with Brennan's mom who is also my sister. When we were grounded for doing something bad then everyone had to stay home but me. Since I liked to hide in my room I had to go out and do things. And yes that is true...Im a very tame person.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

The scoop is..I was very quiet. I loved school, came home cleaned house then stayed in my room where my drafting table, books and TV was. I shared a room with Brennan's mom who is also my sister. When we were grounded for doing something bad then everyone had to stay home but me. Since I liked to hide in my room I had to go out and do things. And yes that is true...Im a very tame person.

:rolleyes:

Okay, maybe I buy the *His mom is my sister* part....

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:P

Me too, Bess. But about this "When we were grounded for doing something bad then everyone had to stay home but me" business. I'm definitely seeing something between the lines here!!! :rolleyes:

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

:P

Me too, Bess. But about this "When we were grounded for doing something bad then everyone had to stay home but me" business. I'm definitely seeing something between the lines here!!! :rolleyes:

Animal

Aye! Seems the seeds of license that bore fruit this libertine tree were planted at an early age!

But we digress.

We must hear further from young Broadside. Aye lad! Tales must be told! Surely your mother has some stories she can give you to share with us, stories of Syren's youthful adventures...

Aye now, Broadside, I'll be addin' me own well wishes for yer health...and if ye ever need a bit of pirating advice, why, ye just up and ask one of us. We bein' all honest pirates, we'd *never* lead ye astray. Trust us!

Damn, thats sharp!

biggrin.gifOh, goody, I were afeared that wicked-lookin' trident were a'gonna be diggin' me outta me hole.... blink.gif whew! Yar, Syren, me parents also sent me outto the house when I were bad...readin' in me room were a few o' me favorite things! O' course, I also loved woods-trampin' an canoein' an sailin', an' fishin', an catchin' snakeses an' such, so it were a lose-lose fer th' parentals. Hey, Broadside (Brennan), ye ever catched a snake? Diggin' be a handy skill fer it...wink.gif

Edited by Badger

Ahoy, Brennan.

Glad to see ye on the Pub, lad! So ye fancy Pirates, hmm? Ye've come to the right place. :D

Hang in there, lad. Plenty of prayers bein' said for ye.

So... who be yo'r favorite pirate, Brennan? What more do ye like? Football? Animals? Military? Transformers? Skydiving? other sports? Cooking? etc...

BTW, lad.. ye have one incredible Aunt. She loves ye much. :)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

BTW, lad.. ye have one incredible Aunt. She loves ye much. :)

~Lady B

Yes indeedy Broadside! Tell us ALL about her! :P

How's the wind in yer sails doing m'lad?

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

I have yet to hear anything further myself. I did send my sister a message on myspace because several have asked about sending a gift so Im trying to find out from her if it will be ok to do so, so just bear with me...and I was a good kid..I really was and snakes?!? I HATE snakes!!!!

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Ok I just heard from my step sister and Brennan was in Houston this weekend and has a mouthful of stitches. Not sure the story behind them but bless his heart..stitches! YUCK!!! I do have an address for cards and such now if anyone else would like to send Broadside Brennan a card. Kristy says that he might feel up to checking the Pub today or tomorrow to check out all those wishing him well!!! *Big Hugs Brennan!!!*

As for the avatar..Thanks Bess I have no clue where it come from! *Thanks for sending it to me..I love Tridents!!!*

And a snake is much diffrent than the scales of a mermaid...Mermaids are pretty and snakes are...creepy! Though Im sure Brennan may not agree with me lol

...And a snake is much diffrent than the scales of a mermaid...Mermaids are pretty and snakes are...creepy! Though Im sure Brennan may not agree with me lol

Actually I imagine that mermaid scales are like fish scales ....slimy. Snake scales are smooth and soft.

(Purrs and does head-dives on Silkie) biggrin.gif

(Wot!? Badgers can purr, too! (I learned fom me other love o' me life, Dakota, alias Such-a-Kitty, alias Kitty-K'tang, alias th' lil' black cat wi' th' big green eyes....also gots 5 snakes!).

UPDATE:::

Broadside Brennan had another cat scan run very recently and his tumor has actually shrunk! Thank you all for the prayers and the support and please continue to keep him in your prayers. His mom says he smiles when she reads his well wishes though he does not always understand us he is still smiling and what a beautiful smile! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

• 3 months later...

Another Update as of this evening...

Kristy said that Brennan had to stay a whole week due to an infection in his saliva gland but he has only 24 chemo treatments left. He has to go this weekend for the whole of it for a treatment. He did have another catscan and though the tumor is still there the Doctors have told them that the cancer cells could still be dying and it just does not show on the test....And he has gained some weight.

PS...The Pirate that sent him the Flag! He says Thank You and to please keep him in your prayers.

Broadside Brennan now that sounds a fittin' moniker.

Ahoy and welcome aboard young lad!

We be saying some words to the Big Admiral for ye and send ye all the best wishes in your fight.

Get well and be well, Brennan.

Jas. Hook

"Born on an island, live on an island... the sea has always been in my blood." Jas. Hook

"You can't direct the wind . . . but . . . you can adjust the sails."

"Don't eat the chickens with writing on their beaks." Governor Sawney

• 7 months later...

Brennan recently was having some issues and so my step sister took him back to his Dr. and discovered that before his cancer shrunk he was at Level or stage 2 and now he is at stage 4. My sister was talking of making arrangements for him..please keep him in your prayers....