Gun Powder Guru?

Iron Bess

Here we go again... I cannot emphasis enough the safety standards we all need to enforce in the hobby for the media loves to exploit every accident...fortunately I am preaching to the choir here.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Well there ya go...I bet that teacher didn't even have any credentials.....And I mean no disrespect to any of you real teachers out there.

I remember when I was a wee lad, we had to take a gun safety course afore we could get a hunting license. Now I hate rules & regs just as much, if not more, than the next guy....But.....Maybe people should have to take somekind of safety course afore they can buy powder.....Na, nevermind,too much government involvement....That won't work....Go back to sleep Iron Hand....Rest asured that the idiots in this world will eventially kill themselves off... Too bad too many innocents will suffer in the process...

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

Why can't these so-called demonstrators take these lessons out into the desert somewhere away from cameras and neighbours and the press and just do their damage there so that the only witnesses are the coyotes and buzzards. Thinning the herd should be a merciful release not an embarrassment.

• 3 weeks later...

Authorities said a father was attempting to demonstrate for his son the dangers of gunpowder. He ignited a blast that blew off one of his fingers, injured the boy and damaged his home.

Hmm, sounds like his old job was as a DEA agent giving gun safety instruction to a class of kids? Let us hope his next safety demonstration is on the dangers of Russian Roulette.

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

I have been using black powder at events for about 4 years now, I started at PiP with Patrick watching over me (thank you Patrick). I have had many experienced tutors and I am still learning because I only use the stuff at events. The one thing I am sure about is that black powder needs some SERIOUS respect and should not be used in the home.