Blackbeard Festivals

capnwilliam

Tales of the Seven Seas attended the Hampton Blackbeard Festival for the first time this year... we traveled all the way from CA and had a blast!! For those of you who were there in 2003... We were the ones doing the "Drenched by a Wench!" skit and I was laughing with several blokes in the pirate encampment when I walked by carrying an oar and said to them... "Wassamatta lads? 'aven't ye ever seen a 'OAR before?!!!"

Here are our photos from Hampton:

Hampton Photos

Here's one to 'wet' your appetite!!!

DrenchedSkitSoakingBob.jpg:D

-Claire "Poison Quill" Warren

Pyrate Mum of Tales of the Seven Seas

www.talesofthesevenseas.com

Yes!!!!!!!!

That's me alright! :)

Do you have a photo of yer self from the B-Beard festival Mister Stynky?!!

I hope you enjoyed the Drenched by a Wench! skit. The big guy who I doused with the bucket of water was my own husband, Bob. Rather than pulling a volunteer from the spectators and soaking him, the folks in Hampton requested that I use one of our people or theirs in plain clothes.

They let out quite a yell when I soaked him didn't they?

*wicked evil snicker*

I'll look forward to pirating with you next year in Hampton!!

Arr, there be all sorts and manner of images from that day.

http://www.astroalley.com/fairesFestivals/...rdFestival2003/

I had them posted over in the Photo Album section for a while, but the board had trouble displaying the images on account of me directory structure and naming convention.

Anyway, there be a picture or two of me in there some place.

happyYesAnim.gif

Doh I didn't mean to ignore part of your earlier post. At the time I be broad sided by me young'ns, they be wanting food, shelter or doctoring, I can't remember which.

Arr though I saw it from a far, I did enjoy your Drenched by a Wench skit. In my opinion, there just not be enough in the way of humorous interactive type entertainment at that festival.

Did you see The Tortuga Mutineers?

As for Ryan, he makes a fine Pirate. From the looks of yer web site, I see that he's been in the trade for some time.

Yes I think I saw just about everyone and everything there!! I enjoyed every second of it. I wish we'd been able to do an encampment, but trying to bring it all from CA would have been a nightmare. It was enough managing travel in this day and age with a suitcase loaded with flintlocks, swords, whips, knives and shackles!!

You look familiar to me too, but I can't quite remember where I saw you. Did your kids get some treasure coins from me? I was passing them out the and tried to get one to all of them!!

Actually, we are fairly new. September is when we celebrate our first anniversary of Tales of the Seven Seas. But we hit the waves full sail from day one and we're a very active group. I have to say, it took off like gangbusters and keeps gaining momentum! We've been very fortunate to have some terrific and enthusiastic people join up with us and it's grown into far more than my highest hopes for it were a year ago.

We're planning to return to Hampton again next year, we'll definitely have to hook up!!

You look familiar to me too, but I can't quite remember where I saw you. Did your kids get some treasure coins from me?

Well we've done our time at the Ren Faires in both Northern and Southern California plus I be working about Silicon Valley for the most part of 15 years, video games mostly.

Arr and I believe Addy did get a treasure coin from you at the festival, we had a great time!

• 2 months later...