Learning from History

Liam McMac

No Catholic Pirates...?

Try the Knights of St. John/ Knights of Malta.

Grace O'Mally.

I imagine you could fine a few Catholics from the Spanish, French, and Portuguese who took up the sweet trade.

I imagine they all thought they were very good Catholics.

Well.... just like today. Many people claim to be religious but if you observe their actions you will find that they are not.

Remember that book...'The Five People You Will Meet In Heaven'.... you'll find it in the non-fiction section

True but remember to above mentioned groups they were being good catholics because the actions they were doing were by order of God, King and Country. However you word the lineup, God always comes first though. They were being good catholics in the eyes of the catholic church at that time. If the catholic church ordered for all good catholics to commit mass murder on land and at sea simular to the crusades of old, would someone who refused to shoot a man in cold blood be considered a richious man or a heretic? The catholic curch doesn't have the same hold mentally and physically over it's followers today but that's the oint. You can't condem someone for being a pirate if pirating in the name of the church was once looked at as carrying out god's work? On a lot of cold medicine here so I apoligize for the ramble

You know how they say that you can't fold a piece of papermore than seven times? I wonder how many times we can split this hair?

my only answer to this is perhaps one cannot physically fold a piece of paper 7 times, BUT METAPHYSICALLY SPEAKING, we can comprehend the event being done.... it is possible and probable....

THERE FORE, OUR MINDS ARE DRAWN TO CONTEMPLATE....TO ATTEMPT TO COMPREHEND.....

basic metaphysics..........

just as there are laws on physics, chemistry,,{ BECAUSE WE CAN SEE THEIR APPLICATION AND LIMITS},, we can assert and attempt to assert meaning and comprehension....

perhaps we are lookign for a place where there are NO LAWS to be obeyed.... YET STRANGELY, we cannot find that within our own universe and planet..........

You know how they say that you can't fold a piece of papermore than seven times? I wonder how many times we can split this hair?

my only answer to this is perhaps one cannot physically fold a piece of paper 7 times, BUT METAPHYSICALLY SPEAKING, we can comprehend the event being done.... it is possible and probable....

THERE FORE, OUR MINDS ARE DRAWN TO CONTEMPLATE....TO ATTEMPT TO COMPREHEND.....

basic metaphysics..........

just as there are laws on physics, chemistry,,{ BECAUSE WE CAN SEE THEIR APPLICATION AND LIMITS},, we can assert and attempt to assert meaning and comprehension....

perhaps we are lookign for a place where there are NO LAWS to be obeyed.... YET STRANGELY, we cannot find that within our own universe and planet..........

Whoa.... there be a lot of big words there. We are but simple pirates.

Sounds like something a friend of mine said... "All matter is simply a manifestiaion of our imagination."

To which I replied... "If all matter is imagined...what makes up our minds? Pun totaly intended."

Cmon peeps, simply believing that what you do is right... does not make it so. Theft, murder, etc. are wrong. Period.

_Liam McMac

Celtic and Pirate Tailor

Beware the Iron Brigade!

Theft, murder, etc. are wrong. Period.

What if you're at war, say with someone like the Nazis who wish to conquer your society?

There really isn't any such thing as strictly right and wrong, there is only our perception of it. The best we get is consensus that something is right or wrong, which is usually spelled out as the rules or laws of a society when the majority agree. Even then there is usually a lot of grey, which is part of the reason the courts are so overbooked.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -William Shakespeare

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

You know...I knew someone would say that

Murder is a specific word meaning killing without justification

Any fool who says he believes murder is ok is a liar... I don't care who you are or where you are from

No one would want to lose a loved one so deep inside we all KNOW it's wrong to do it to someone else

Theft implies ownership and again it is specific to taking something that does not belong to you.

Stealing from someone who stole from you is justified and killing someone who tries to kill you is justified.

The people of the world rely on subterfuge...not truth... it's like the package is what matters and not what lies within. We all know what we do, yet we create lies to justify it.

It's like shopping at Wallmart... you know that the company is racist, sexist and uses slave labor to bring the American public low prices, but you shop there anyway because you really don't care about anybody but yourself. You will make up a buch of lies to make yourself feel better but deep down you just don't care.

P.S. Shakespear was lying to himself as well.

Edited by Liam McMac

_Liam McMac

Celtic and Pirate Tailor

Beware the Iron Brigade!

"Now raise your right hand for the pledge! Right! Now, repeat after me. I..."

"I..."

"_your name_"

"Your name."

"Schmucks! ...pledge allegiance..."

"...pledge allegiance..."

"...to Hedley Lamarr..."

"...to Hedy Lamarr..."

"That's HEDLEY!"

"That's HEDLEY!"

"...with liberty and fraternity for all."

"Amen!"

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg