Archangels have WORMS

Well, they are about to have one anyway.

worm002.jpg

worm001.jpg

This is what I have so far, let me know how you prefer to mount it to the shaft and what size/type you want. The way it is right now it will fit nicely in a 1" rake-handle with collar, and I will drill it for a pin-through as well, or I can put a tapered collar on it and rivet it down, with some hidden MIG welding to stiffen it up, or I can mount it to a straight cylinder/tube that will slide over any 1" shaft and pin through twice. Your choice.

Does this look like what you want?

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

Hmm...a left handed twist?! My aren't we fancy! Now all we need is a small tawny-white kitten for the cannon swab! :rolleyes:

William Redwake...do you have any more kittens?

Edited by Bess Hagarty

Bessbeingcalledout.jpg

Bess Hagarty - Indentured Servant

P.S. : I made it on left-hand twist pattern instead of right. If thats a problem, let me know and i'll make a right-hand twist instead.

Bo

Just a silly question. Cap'n Bo, are you making these for sale? You've done a beautiful job. I've ne'er seen smaller-bore worms as this for sale....

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

I do some small things like this, that are simple, by request at times. Poor Callenish has been waiting forever for me to get some lantern holders done, but in my defense, the task is more daunting than a simple worm. It is a part-time hobby, and I don't work the forge for profit, (just therapy/entertainment and knowledge), but these don't take long, so if you needed one, I would try to knock one out between study sessions as I am back in school for the semester and time is a precious commodity around here!

Bo

I do some small things like this, that are simple, by request at times. Poor Callenish has been waiting forever for me to get some lantern holders done, but in my defense, the task is more daunting than a simple worm. It is a part-time hobby, and I don't work the forge for profit, (just therapy/entertainment and knowledge), but these don't take long, so if you needed one, I would try to knock one out between study sessions as I am back in school for the semester and time is a precious commodity around here!

Bo

Aye... I just made me first attemp at wormonology., and my sizing method was quite primitive and uncontrollable...I missed me bore diameter by 1/8 of an inch...Good practice, but not near as pretty as yours....I would honestly be interested in purchasing some of your work if I can afford it. I'd need two right-handers if yer interested.... My work just isn't anywhere near yer quality....I have to admit I'm still honing my Smitty skills, but would be proud to have something that nice to use on the Twins till I can get that good...

If ya want ta email me direct my address is troller1775@sbcglobal.net.....Again excellent work....Iron Hand

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

You'd be amazed at the primitive conditions I have handicapped myself with.(except that propane burning forge!) My "method" for sizing was keep trying til I got it right! It took me almost as long to find enough stock to guage by as it did to make the thing!

Callenish, glad to hear you got fixed-up. I was trying to figure out the best folding method and as usual, ended up over-thinking it to death!

What sizes are you guys in need of, and remind me what a linstock is, I recognize the term but can't get my brain outta college mode right now.

I'll get with you soon on this. gotta go read some more!

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

I guess that's what we get for forking the marines. :o

Is there a cure for them??? :o

Animal

A cure for who??? Us or the Marines. :D

There is no cure for the Marines (or excuse) :unsure: I was referring to the worms the Archangels have :D Oh, wait!?!? That's the Marines or at least the Captain or the Marines. :D

Animal

Buccaneer - Services to the highest bidder!!!

Oi belay that! Might throw a disparaging light on a certain actress...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

sniggering....uncontrollably :rolleyes:

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

I guess that's what we get for forking the marines. :D

Is there a cure for them??? :D

Animal

A cure for who??? Us or the Marines. :D

There is no cure for the Marines (or excuse) :rolleyes: I was referring to the worms the Archangels have :D Oh, wait!?!? That's the Marines or at least the Captain or the Marines. :D

Animal

careful....this Dogge bites!!!.... :D

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

My word, I would hope so...

Crewe of the Archangel