Talk Like a Pirate Day Plans for 2009

Cap'n Slappy

Blasted. Looks like the most TLAPD I will do is just wear a piratey shirt. Oh, well. Missing out on the zombie pirate march. :lol:

Have fun on TLAPD! :D

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Well, I know fer sure we'll be raidin and pillagin.

Everythin works out right we be havin a bit of kidnappin and hostages fer ransom to boot.

Then thar be...well from thar it might get illegal as it were, and we'd never do something illegal!

Sounds like the Double Cross will be at Ojai that day and that be fer sure.

May ye find that the shawdow behind you is always yer own.

-Greydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Jack and I are planning to gather up some mates for an evening out, anyone in the Orlando area is most welcome to join in! I'd like to make it to Gaspar's, but it's likely not doable with kiddos and babysitters and such.

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

Jack and I are planning to gather up some mates for an evening out, anyone in the Orlando area is most welcome to join in! I'd like to make it to Gaspar's, but it's likely not doable with kiddos and babysitters and such.

How about green make-up? :D

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg

I'll be putting on me piratey shirt, me boots, me hat (the straw one ye see in me pix, belike), and makin' me way to Red Lobster. And a sip or three of the ship's rum at home.

Oh yes...I *will* be wearing pants, too. *Some* lubber here would have noticed the omission and made a comment.

I *was* scheduled to work on der Tag, but someone "offered to trade days". I suspect its a conspiracy to prevent me from spreading my pyratical panache throughout the library.

Damn, thats sharp!

*Grumbles* I shall be nothing this year as my eye is contagious. It's not pink eye it's way more serious and if I don't take all my meds it can cause me to go blind..hmmm I nearly lost me leg for a peg leg and now Im shopping for eye patches..Ill be a pirate yet!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

*Grumbles* I shall be nothing this year as my eye is contagious. It's not pink eye it's way more serious and if I don't take all my meds it can cause me to go blind..hmmm I nearly lost me leg for a peg leg and now Im shopping for eye patches..Ill be a pirate yet!

Geez! Sounds like it! :unsure: Poor Syren. Mayhaps we should get Tia Dalma t' whip somethin' up for ye to remedy all those ills, hmm?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Geez! Sounds like it! :unsure: Poor Syren. Mayhaps we should get Tia Dalma t' whip somethin' up for ye to remedy all those ills, hmm?

~Lady B

Yeah, you'll keep your sight, but you'll lose your sense of smell. <_<<_<

Yo ho ho! Or does nobody actually say that?

Trouble wi' that sort of cure is that Syren will be all crabby for the rest of the year...

Geez! Sounds like it! <_< Poor Syren. Mayhaps we should get Tia Dalma t' whip somethin' up for ye to remedy all those ills, hmm?

~Lady B

Damn, thats sharp!

And now it be Talk Like a Pirate Day, when good ol' jolly Neddy Teach, sailing the skies in the Queen Anne's Revenge, look'ee, brings presents and goodies and bottles of rum to all good pirate boys and girls, and leaves buckets of wet seaweed to all the bad little pirates...

Well, for a given value of bad, anyway...we be pirates, after all.

Damn, thats sharp!

Ah-HAH! ITLAP Day, 2009, was incredible! We spent the day vending at Middlefaire - Pyrat rum, Shiner Bock, and pirate tales amidst a pack of wild patrons all jabbering away with their best Long John Silver "arrrrrrgs" and "maties" and "shiver me timbers"! It were profitable, it were fun, and it were even moving on occasion! Can't wait for next year!!

Blackbead

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."