Talk Like a Pirate Day Plans for 2009

Cap'n Slappy

Ahoy Rogues and Roguettes!

We at talklikeapirate.com are gettin' lots o' requests for information on parties and events for International Talk Like a Pirate Day 2009. If ye know o' any - or are plannin' any - be sure to drop an e-note in and e-bottle and splash it along toward our web wench, Jezebel, <webwench@talklikeapirate.com> so she can post it on our events section!

Hope all are well and happy!

Cap'n Slappy

That shall be doin' Slappy, m' good man. :rolleyes:

I hears that there be a good amount o' celebratin' in Iowa City with the local Zombie group dressin' up as zombie pirates and paradin' around.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Gaspar's Grotto in Y'bor City our Tampa way is having a Talk Like a Pirate Day celebration. I'll be gracing it. They web address is, oddly enough, http://www.gasparsgrotto.com.

-- Hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

I'll be celebratin' this special day by vending at the opening day of Middlefaire Renaissance Faire in Hillsboro, Texas! Me pirate fort needs some repairin' but we'll be ready for business that day ... and the business be Talkin' Like A Pirate! After all, its' in me blood . . .

"In the end, it's not the gold that sets our sails,

'Tis freedom and the promise of a better life

That raises our black flags."

I'll be pyrating at Ojai with all my mates from Tales of the Seven Seas, and a bunch more friends and mates!...whoo hoo!!!!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Sugar on the Bodhran sounds like a great name for a song! LOL

Yup, girly-girl day is Saturday. This should be...interesting...and silly...and FUN! Bring on the Tots and the Krispy Cremes!!! :D

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 2 weeks later...

We'll be aboard the Santa Maria in downtown Columbus, Ohio fund raising to keep her afloat and vital to the cultural enrichment of the downtown area of this inland city. There will be a full crew of reenactors aboard her with tours and battles.

We'll be aboard the Santa Maria in downtown Columbus, Ohio fund raising to keep her afloat and vital to the cultural enrichment of the downtown area of this inland city. There will be a full crew of reenactors aboard her with tours and battles.

and it's just so dang cool !!

Confounded i really wish marcus hook, and the santa maria event were on different days...sadness. Well i hope to attend one of these on TLP day...whichever one i can bum a ride to that is.........lol

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

If Perkeo is coming don't forget the industrial strength earplugs .........Don't want to say the lad snores but after that weekend in May the area around Columbus was busy re-interning the poor souls who's slumber was interrupted ;) ;);)

Looked like a casting call for another George Romero movie!!!

Edited by callenish gunner

Well, to begin with, here in Halifax, the Maritime Museum [or, rather, th' Mar'time Moooooseum] will be dressing up, Arring, and hosting a themed fund-raiser event for Feed the Mind:

http://live.haligonia.ca/halifax-ns/haligoniakids/2687-talk-like-a-pirate-to-help-charity-and-whats-your-pirate-name.html

More as more becomes public.

We're having a "Talk like a Pirate" weekend on September 19&20 at the Higgins Armory Museum in Worcester, Masstts. There will be costume contests, cutlass demonstrations and classes, craft workshops, and even some stories about those first pirates, the Vikings.

Talk Like a Pirate Weekend

A vast ye land lubbers! The pirates have taken over the Higgins Armory Museum. Come dressed as your favorite pirate. Games, crafts, cutlass classes, pirate talking workshops, and more! Prizes for the best dressed pirates. Don't be a bilge rat and miss this swashbuckling event.

We are still looking for volunteers to help make this weekend a success. So any N.E. pirates with swashes to buckle or knots to tie, give me a call.

Your Obdn't Serv't,

Cap'n Plaidpete

aka Devon Kurtz, Director of Education

Higgins Armory Museum

dkurtz@higgins.org

Devon Kurtz

Higgins Armory Museum

www.higgins.org

And I shall be thinkin' o' each and every one o' ye whilst I am in Fairbanks Alaska (alas - ka!) makin' appearances at a couple o' bookstores and The University o' Alaska at Fairbanks!

I'm pullin' on me arctic pirate boots (me "buccaluks") and fixin' me spyglass on the northern lights!

I hope ye've all dropped our Jezebel (the web wench) a missive lettin' her know about yer doin's! Ye can reach her at webwench@talklikeapirate.com

May ye all of the sauciest ITLAPD ever! And may sweet Poseidon rain down blessin's upon yer salty souls!

Cap'n Slappy