my new projects

in the past two months, we have made 4 new shirts, some to replace a few shirts we screwed up the first time around :), new skirts for grace, a chemise for grace, a pair of slops for zach, and ryan, waistcoats for miles, andrew, and alex, two sets of skirts for lady constance, two coats for lady constance, added pockets to 4 sailor's jackets, don't have it down just right, so i won't add them to the waistcoats yet, about 10,000 button holes, lining for my first tricorn so it fits better without a head scarf, patched the hole in the tent roof, dyed my cartridge box black, carved initials in my pistol, dang-- need to practice some carving :), heavily tarred my first justacorps my mother in law made for me--- okay, she used polyester, so i painted the whole thing with flat black spraypaint so it is now stiff and looks like it is tarred, but it took the shine off :), added buttons and button holes to 3 haversacks, and i think that's about it !!!

..........im afraid....the button holes alone are enough......this is why im glad to be working on stuff for mmmmee and mmeee alone

Edited by René la Gaffe

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

once you figure out one way of doing them, it is not so bad... mine look, well, okay... you can tell they were hand done and not machine sewn :) even at 10 feet !! my problem is that one half looks great and then the second half looks like a drunken sailor did them !! guess i need more advice and guidance :)

maybe that will be the best i can do, maybe mine will improve with time... not every sailor was great at everything...

also add...... one more haversak, this time i'll use the better canvas and line it, some knot work on handles of two more mugs, so i don't end up grabbing someone else's by mistake again :), and..... who knows what else i think i may want before paynetown :)

a pic of a pile o' stuff to follow later tonite :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok here's a pile o' stuff

Picture036.jpg

knot work on three mug handles, two (yes two-kinda hard to see one on top of the other ) slops for zack and ryan, new skirts for grace, new chemise for grace is not there, three new waistcoats with 2000 button holes, engraved my pistol, cartridge box is dyed black, lining for my tricorn..

Picture038.jpg

in this pic... two new coats for lady costance, the red one needs a little finish work, new chemise, two sets of skirts, pockets and another 2000 button holes on short jackets, new shirts for zack and ryan, and i'm sure i missed a few things...

ok here's a pile o' stuff

Picture036.jpg

knot work on three mug handles, two (yes two-kinda hard to see one on top of the other ) slops for zack and ryan, new skirts for grace, new chemise for grace is not there, three new waistcoats with 2000 button holes, engraved my pistol, cartridge box is dyed black, lining for my tricorn..

Picture038.jpg

in this pic... two new coats for lady costance, the red one needs a little finish work, new chemise, two sets of skirts, pockets and another 2000 button holes on short jackets, new shirts for zack and ryan, and i'm sure i missed a few things...

Quite the pile of clothes there Mr. Thatcher! Very well done.....i dare say i would stea........borrow one of your fine waistcoats......

Monsieur René "la Gaffe" Truffaut - Sailor -filibustier - grenadier - Fiddler - free man (for now)

.........I am french, why else would i have this outrageous accent, you silly man!..........You don't frighten me, English sea dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Capi-tain" you and all your silly English Pieeer-raghts........

m. la gaffe,

i've seen your waistcoat... stick with yours :) ours turned out fairly good, but not quite as nice as yours looks...

still have to add pockets, though...wanted to practice on the short jackets first since they are made outta very cheap canvas..

"steal... um, borrow " spoken like a true scoundrel !!

m. la gaffe,

i've seen your waistcoat... stick with yours :) ours turned out fairly good, but not quite as nice as yours looks...

still have to add pockets, though...wanted to practice on the short jackets first since they are made outta very cheap canvas..

"steal... um, borrow " spoken like a true scoundrel !!

I thank you kindy for the complements sir...but looks can deceive. ....lol.....do please try pockets, so very helpful, and not too hard....but i wish IIII had tried out my first one on cheaper fabric............