Hemp Canvas FOR SALE

Hello everyone!

I have 15.5 oz 100% hemp canvas available at $12 per yard. This is actually a perfect fabric for making jackets and slops. It seems stiff until you wash it, so be sure to pre-wash the fabric before you make anything out of it. Once washed, the fabric hangs like linen, but feels like denim. Makes the most comfortable slops ever! Fabric is natural-colored. 60 inches wide. It is not an extremely tight weave, so it would probably not be good for making tents. It will work for sails if it is doubled or triced, but on a small boat that will be too heavy. It breathes well, which is poor for sails, but excellent for clothing! I'm thinking about making a whole kit out of it!

Anyway, I have 60 yards available for sale. Shipping will be based on how much you buy, but it will generally be a USPS flat rate box of some sort because this fabric is heavy!

You may pm me or call me at (812) 606-1264. Check, USPS Money Order, Cash-in-person, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express accepted.

*Edit:

Pictures added... I tried to get as much accuracy as possible in the pictures. This shows the thick weave. I'm not certain that it's 18 oz, but that was my educated guess based on how it compares to 13.5 oz sunforger. It's thicker than sunforger, but not as tight of a weave. Washes up incredibly soft for such a heavy fabric. I think this is a great fabric for outer garments.

UNWASHED as you will receive it: (Kinda stiff due to sizing/mill finish)

Unwashed1.jpg

Unwashed2.jpg

WASHED as it must be before you use it: (Softens up considerably. Shrinks a little. Comes out to 54 inches wide.)

Washed1.jpg

Washed2.jpg

Edited by historyfanatic

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

Militia Captain, Merchant Sailor, Tailor, Brewer, Gunrunner and Occassional Pirate...

www.piratesofpaynetown.org

www.taylor-rosehistorical.com

www.ladywashington.org

Nathan,

i am also interested in the materail---

and i am also coming to paynestown in a few weeks.....

more than likley micheal and i will fight over it!! { that might be interesting see how we defer to one anothes preferences}

Lady constance

hey, butt out, lady c :o ... i already have asked for six yards, with prepayment, delivered at paynetown.... is that enough, or do you want more ??

Bump

Pictures added...

P.S. I still have a good amount, but it is going fast, so if you want some, don't delay. Once my stock is gone, it's gone. Fabric like this generally runs about $18-$30 per yard. Also, pick it up at Paynetown and save on shipping!

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

Militia Captain, Merchant Sailor, Tailor, Brewer, Gunrunner and Occassional Pirate...

www.ladywashington.org

Correction: The canvas is 15.5 oz. I was measuring it wrong. Canvas weight is measured by the SQUARE yard, not the running yard.

It is most certainly 15.5 oz.

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

www.ladywashington.org

• 4 weeks later...

I sold all of the first roll, but desperate times call for desperate measures, so I've decided to sell another roll. Exactly the same as the first one, but I'm already down to 45 yards, so buy it now if you want it. I will definately keep the last roll that I have, so this one is the only other one I can sell.

It will go fast. The last one certainly did.

Y.M.H.S.,

Nathanael Logsdon

www.ladywashington.org