Simple Pleasures

Ransom

Having someone stick their head in your office door and say...

"I just wanted to thank you for..."

Wow, that was special around here! :lol:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

• 1 month later...

This comes under the title, "What are the chances of...?" kinda thing.

I'm usually pretty lucky at finding bookmarks left in library books, or books I pick up used. Actually, I collect bookmarks, and have some that are pretty old — like two from the Pickwick Bookstore, which is now B. Dalton Books.

Anyway, about a month ago I checked out four books from the library — one historical fiction, one history, and two murder mysteries. For one reason or another, I didn't have time to read the murder mysteries, so when it came time to turn them in, I just renewed them, and added a new book.

Well, the other night I started on one of the mysteries, and a bookmark dropped out of the pages, and I just had to smile! It was an advert bookmark for "Heart of a Pirate, A Novel of Anne Bonney by Pamela Johnson! On it, it reads, "Passion, persecutions, valour, and legend in the Golden Age of Piracy."

So, what are the chances that..

A) I would pick that particular book?

B ) That instead of turning it in, I renewed it?

C) That there would even be a bookmark left in it?

D) That the bookmark would be about a woman pirate?

E) And that a woman who plays at pirates would find it?

It just made me smile. ;)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

There was another thread like this some time back like 06 or so I had a much longer and more poetic take then but now I'll just briefly lay out these points,

1 The lopey idle of a souped up motor

2 my step sons faith that I can fix and or do anything

3 (in a repeat performance) old warbirds at idle!

4 the recoil of my guns and the smell of powder smoke

5 pipe smoke dancing on the ceiling

6 My wife when she's sleeping

Note 2 and 6 or the best

THIS BE THE HITMAN WE GOIN QUIET

• 2 weeks later...

Truly having a miracle happen!

On Oct. 16th our former roommate's cat got out and ran away. We thought for sure the cat was coyote food, as the coyotes were out and very close by.

Then on Saturday (Oct.24th) around 5:30 in the morning I got up to do my business, then took a cruise around the house and just happened to look out the sun room window and I saw a cat that looked just like Joy, and I said in surprise, "Joy?" Then the cat ran away, and I thought I must have been hallucinating as I am on stronger drugs these days.

So I told Boats about it and I swear on a stack of Bibles I saw that cat....

Well on Sunday night Boats just happen to look out the dining room window and said, "There's a white cat by the bird bath."

I said that had to be Joy, so he went out the back door and I went out the front and we looked for the cat and met at the door to the sun room, no cat.

So I got all the other cats out of the sun room, left the door open and sat in the dark for a long time hoping the cat would come in, he didn't.

So last night (Oct.26) I put out a dish with just a tiny amount of dry food on the porch area, then left the door open a bit and put a dish of wet food inside where he'd have to come in to eat it.

After a while I heard one of our cats make a noise at the sun room sliding door to the rest of the house and I asked Boats who was at the computer to check out of the corner of his eye and see if the cat was in the sun room, he was!

So I quickly got up, went out the kitchen door, around the back of the house and just as I started up the stairs to the sun room, the cat poked his head out and saw me. Now he could have easily run past me, but instead, he turned and ran further into the room. I rushed in and closed the door...we now have the missing cat back, a little skinny and dirty, but thankfully not hurt. I am so grateful that the Goddess answered my prayers!

Rumba

Rumba, yer STORY made me smile! biggrin.gif I "ave 'ad a similar experience with th' 2nd love o' me life, me lil' black cat with th' big green eyes, Dakota (no, I didnt name 'er!). Got out, gone a while, came back. Whew!!! Otherwise.... seein' me wife walk in th' door. Seein' me wife! Laughter. Wild, free things (such as deer drinkin'from birdbaths). Th' entrance o' a Faireground, fast approachin'! Me grandkids roughhousin'. A new (an' steely!) "toy". Th' whole 'new author an' books' thing. Kindness happenin'. Weaselousness happenin' (th' goodnatured kind. You know!). An' on, an' on. wink.gif