Simple Pleasures

Ransom

:lol: I think this thread has turned into the premise for another Conan movie. Lemme see here, but I don't think I headed it as Simple Mayhem. LOL So, here is another attempt to lighten things up.

Watching the deer drink out of my birdbath.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

A local woman owns a herd of goats that she hires out to "mow" overgrown areas that are hard to get to. It's always struck me as a very elegant and environmentally-prudent solution.

This has fascinated me but I've never had the opportunity to see these goats in action. But on my drive home yesterday, I passed an overgrown area of land where the goat herd was hard at work, enthusiastically doing what they do best.

RHJMap.jpg

A local woman owns a herd of goats that she hires out to "mow" overgrown areas that are hard to get to. It's always struck me as a very elegant and environmentally-prudent solution.

Plus you can make a much better taco from a goat than from a lawnmower.

As we say in Ireland let's drink until the alcohol in our system destroys our liver and kills us.

guns_boobies2.jpg

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Magellan, my cat.

Hanging out or a simple chat with my nephew.

A car ride.

Just simply seeing horses.

Seeing a hawk, eagle or falcon flying.

Flipping through a catalog that has home accessory stuff in it.

Freshly made chocolate truffles at my friend's store, Simply Divine.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

If a deer was drinking from my birdbath . . .

It would be close enough to become venison with one claymore swipe.

Nope! All you'd see was his black tail as he disappeared into the pine trees. And that for only a nanosecond. :rolleyes:

Running my hand through the lavender bushes in my garden.

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

If a deer was drinking from my birdbath . . .

It would be close enough to become venison with one claymore swipe.

Nope! All you'd see was his black tail as he disappeared into the pine trees. And that for only a nanosecond. :rolleyes:

My birdbath was no more than 3 feet from me when I typed that. A deer would have been within range.

Now, I want a venison burger . . .

Edit: Due to lack of a natural predators left around, there is a MAJOR problem with deer overpopulation in my area. Several people I know have been killed b/c of hitting a deer on the road and I have had a few close calls. Also, having WAY too many deer is causing a problem with what they feed on, hurting veggie gardens and farm crops. When hunting deer, I strongly advocate maximizing the dead deer for whatever can be used, meet, leather, horn, etc. I actually have an issue that so much venison and hide is wasted. So, no "poor Bambie" . . .

That is some of the backgound of the above comment.

Edited by Tartan Jack

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Edited by Graydog

Don't forget Maple Sausage...

ahhh bacon...is there nothing better...wait! bacon and ham!...now there's a meal.....and a cup of iced tea.......good times.....

Damn, thats sharp!

Early in the morning when the sun makes patterns from the tree outside and the curtain lace..and for a brief time..its quiet and peaceful.

Something small yet from the heart..that says "I thought of you"

pirates, balloons, bubble soap, snowball fights, toasting marshmallows and fireworks..yeah I'll never grow up :rolleyes:

my puppy when he's in "fuzz mode"

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Having a motivational reason to get back in shape.

After a seven year hiatus, and at an age where I should know better, I may get back into horse riding. This time on a 13 yr old ex-racing thoroughbred. I've been babysitting him, with four other horses, all last week, and he went home last night. But I just really like the guy. His current owner says we're perfect for each other because our hair is the same color (red) and we both get heat rash! LOL

Our first official workout-get to know each other will be this Thursday afternoon. I've never ridden a horse this big, so it should be...interesting. :rolleyes:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

Oi Ransom! get out the fanny pads and have a great time!

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Papa John's take and bake BBQ chicken pizza. :D

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

A beautiful, sun-ripened home grown tomato! Heaven! Time for a BLT, I'm thinkin'! :lol:

RAKEHELL-1.jpg