I can't control me ramrod!

Bilgemunky

OK, I'm sure this is a problem that everyone has had at one time or another, and I'm sure there are about a hundred solutions. So please share!

My pistol (Loyalist Doglock) doesn't want to keep a firm hold of the ramrod - it slides right out. This of of course is problematic, as when clipped to my belt the ramrod is in prime position to silently make its escape. I've already lost one, and would rather not lose this replacement. Any tips?

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Eye leave mine at home or in the encampment..

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Might you be able to replace them with slightly larger diameter wooden dowels?

A non-historically accurate way might be to wrap one layer of duct tape around the very end of the rammer. You might even be able to find duct tape in a color that matches.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

I haven't tried this but I do have another idea. Working with models amonia is used to sofen wood so you can bend it to form planks and decking. If you soak your ramrod with amonia then put a book on each end and something to support it in the middle you may be able to put a slight bow into it. If it works then you would be able to rotate it to lock it into position so it wouldn't go anywhere.

id.jpg

if it is a continuous taper like some of their other pistols, I cut off a 1/4 inch of the end of the rammer and push it in alittle further. when the brass endbutton pulls off, score the wood end, dip in water and reglue with gorilla glue.

the further away from Scotland ye roam, the more Scottish ye become

I have taken a small scrap of thick leather and a bit of glue in front of the entry tube at the base of the ramrod channel and made a friction pad to help hold the rod in place ...trim it small and it's almost invisible but it usually holds well

OK, I'm sure this is a problem that everyone has had at one time or another, and I'm sure there are about a hundred solutions. So please share!

My pistol (Loyalist Doglock) doesn't want to keep a firm hold of the ramrod - it slides right out. This of of course is problematic, as when clipped to my belt the ramrod is in prime position to silently make its escape. I've already lost one, and would rather not lose this replacement. Any tips?

Have ye tried just wetting the ramrod at the point it enters the top thimble..If the rod is not varnished, wetting should cause the wood to whisker and swell. Could make an easy fix. Rosin buildup might even do the same thing. Barsoap rubbed on the rod might help as well, works on Horn plugs....Even a thin coat of varnish on the same spot could help.

galleon_25235_th1.gif Iron Hand's Plunder Purveyor of Quality Goodes of questionable origins

All the jokes aside..... you have two choices.... make a slightly larger ramrod... or heck... bend the sucker.... (it that doesn't work, you will have to resort to getting a new one anyway....)

Bending the ramrod should work.......

And just because I'm in an evil mood tonight... A ramrod should never slip out, unless the fittings were to loose to begin with...... ;)