Ladies short jacket

Here's a picture of the original so you can see what it's supposed to look like.

jacket.jpg

"This jacket is in saffron yellow woven silk patterned with green, white, orange, navy blue, and pale blue flowers and leaves. It would have been worn over a stomacher. The bodice is lined with white taffeta. The fabric dates from c.1711-15 and the style resembles some of the jackets in paintings by Watteau".

"The white gauze trimmings appear to to have been added to renovate the jacket, probably in c.1770-80, and the bottom parts of the sleeves, which are detachable, may have been put in at the same time".

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

Here's a picture of the original so you can see what it's supposed to look like.

jacket.jpg

Gosh, you're going to look striking in this. Any plans for the stomacher? If so..will you make it of the same fabric?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Lilly-

when i look closely at these waugh pictures and the lines of the garment are soooooooooo close to the tops of elizabethan period dresses--sans skirt being full length and a bit of modification of the narrowing of the chest fabric / different closure........

what say you?

would it be worth trying to modify the top part of an elizabethan dress? tell me what you think.....

and i will also take advice comments from anyone-- man or woman who sews and redrafts patterns.....

lady constance

{ who has a peice of gorgeous maroon/ yellow/ green/ navy cut of cloth that would easily be a fab jacket for undress!!}

Lady Constance.

I haven't done much research into the Elizabethan Period but from the info I do have and have read, the styles and construction are different. We are talking roughly 100 years earlier. Perhaps if I saw a picture of what you are talking about it might make it easier to compare.

I know it's sometimes difficult to find info on our time frame but it is out there. Here are a couple good references.

Janet Arnold, Patterns of Fashion 1

Norah Waugh, The cut of Woman's Clothes, 1600-1930

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/