Ebay: Jack Sparrow's Hat

Isabella

Well, I was hanging on AFR for the first time in years, and spoted a person asking for help getting into their local faire. After a miscontruded "you can't do that! It's not right!" commuication with another poster, I got this link from the person selling the hats in an email tonight.

And I am shocked delighted, and wowed. Their work is amazing! It's custom made to your head, all leather, it's beautiful. I'm getting misty looking at it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&ed=10742722240

Izzy

Very exact replica, indeed!

Now here's the burning question fer me:

Does the hat in the movie have a bucket style crown, or a dome shaped crown? I thought it was a dome shaped.

Any thoughts?

Speaking of which...My costumer got a great deal on a hide and is offering the black leather tricorn like mine for $150.

https://pyracy.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=177

https://pyracy.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=178

Here is her website:

http://members.aol.com/dressmup/

Email her at:

DressMup@aol.com

Please be sure to tell her that Nigel referred you.

Also, take a look at the pics above. Tell me what can I do to get my brim to shape more like Jack Sparrow's hat?

Cheers!

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

• 2 weeks later...
Very exact replica, indeed!

Now here's the burning question fer me:

Does the hat in the movie have a bucket style crown, or a dome shaped crown? I thought it was a dome shaped.

Any thoughts?

It has a dome crown. Judy is working on one for me. They will be a bit more money, she had to buy a metal steamer for the leather to work right.

Most of been Terrible for you Jack , It bloody well is now! - Capt'n Jack Sparrow

Is the prop hat in the movie actually leather? Or is it a wool felt hat that has been tarred, then airbrushed to give it a weathered look? There are shots in the movie where it looks like you can see a textile surface to parts of the hat, and having seen good reproduction tarred hats, that have taken a beating, they do weather a bit similar to the look of the hat in the movie.

here's a thought.. where be the real hat? no doubt a museum, but what of it now? did johnny keep it or it be in a museum ferver?

Na, they had five hats made one was sold on ebay to a man in Ohio. The other 4 are prob in Disneys keepings.

Most of been Terrible for you Jack , It bloody well is now! - Capt'n Jack Sparrow

This maker be from my port of Scottsdale, Arizona. They will make hat yer head size. Just be contacting them directly with the "click on ask seller a question" button. My obessession limit prohibits me from plundering $250 for the hat. B) And me husband will string me up with a short drop and sudden stop. B)

~Tori

Like any unmanned ship, a novice sailor will eventually steer into the wind and then in circles.

Husbands can be like that but I think a husband is still better than a wife. Husband's wrath? WIFE'S WRATH!!! No contest...

Pushing the limits means getting out of my comfort zone and giving more when I don't think I have any left.

Na, they had five hats made one was sold on ebay to a man in Ohio. The other 4 are prob in Disneys keepings.

Six hats and we have two left.

Amazing how things go missing when a production closes. :huh:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

LOL Bess! Ah yes, the sticky finger approach from the props department.

When I was working at Universal Studios way back when, when the Star Trek show was still going (I worked as a costumer/dresser), managed to save a bunch of Klingon head pieces and a couple of the orignal phasers out of wood from the trash bin. Sold everything for a nice price.

Rumba Rue

**Five-finger discounts are best!** :huh:

Six hats and we have two left.

Amazing how things go missing when a production closes. :huh:

LOL I was off by one! Im use to props only making 5 of somthing.

Did one get lifted from the display at Disney land? I have seen some pics with it and others without.

• 2 weeks later...

This be an old thread, but I'll thro my tupence worth in.

Several years ago, Tandy Leather Co. had a patern for a leather hat. With a few changes to the patern it would make a good tricorne fer under $50. All these in the thread look good and may be well made, but I couldn't bring myself to pay that much fer no hat.

I think, therefor I am. Or maybe I just think I am.