Tropic 2: Pirate Cove

Isabella

If you haven't seen it, or played it, get it.

I got a copy of it last weekend, and it's great. You have to provide wenching, grog, and gambling to make yer pirates happy. You have to create fear for your captives and ships for your Captains! I love the cats that wonder around the island thinking these comments of "I own you." And "Serve me Human!"

They have shops later on that make hats, and wooden legs fer yer pirates, long with other things. A Pirate hatching aviary, which is hysterical.

It's a great game if you haven't seen it, along the lines of the Civilization games by Serria, but since it's Pirate based it's better! :blink:

But I really have to say the Jamaican and Island style music is awesome, with steel drums, and French island songs, it's nifty! They are now selling the music on CD because folks loved it so much.

I give it 4 pints up!

"Can't shiver me timbers without any timber!"

I love that game, and I REALLY love the sound track. I ordered the CD last month and it was worth every penny.

If you've not yet tried it, I'd also steer you towards Puzzle Pirates, an online pirate game where you get to join crews with other actual players. Loads of fun - the only thing it's missing is good background music, which is why I bought the Tropico 2 cd :ph34r:

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Ooo! Cool! I'm always up for new games. I got the Pirates of the Carribean game, but have to get more harddrive space for it, before I load it, can't wait to go online with that one.

I'm checking out the link you sent me!

I also checked out your site, and was like 'Yeah! A game geeks" Lovingly said of course!

Thanks for the link for Puzzle Pirates. It loaded and I'm off to look! :) :)

Izzy

We discovered a great new board game that was just being released at the PiP festival: "Dread Pyrate"!!

Check it out! Lots of fun and adventure!

http://www.oldcenturyclassics.com/dread_pirate.html

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

It's givin' me problems with the install of the media on Pirate Puzzles, I've tried twice...hope I get get it to work soon. :)

Izzy

I had similar problems. What a pain in the arse.

;)

Sir Nigel - aka "Sir Freelancealot"; aka "Ace of Cads"; aka "JACKPOT!!" (cha-CHING!)

"Mojitos BAD!...Lesbians with free rum GOOD!!!"

Someone told me to check my Java, but I told him the Coffee was fine, it was the game that wasn't working!

*bows*

I still dont' understand what's wrong. I've tried the download three times, and I am still not playing... ;) Go figure. Neptune is not likin' my face today I guess!

Sorry so many folks are having trouble with the install - don't know what's up.

Mucky_Pete - my name in puzzle pirates is (surprisingly) Bilgemunky. I'm a senior officer with the Sea Ogres. Sadly I haven't been able to play much this month, things are just too busy.

I love that game dearly, but it does take a time commitment to play properly. Most games you can just stop playing and pick up where you left off whenever you like, but in this one things continue without you, and people start wondering where you've gone off to.

I AM BILGEMUNKY

Beware the Dread Pirate game. My wife got it for me for Xmas. Sure, it's BEAUTIFULLY made, but it's just not much fun. It's little more than die rolling and is no deeper than say, Parcheesi or Sorry.

My wife and I plan to write up our own rules for more in-depth play.

newbannersigtar0db.gif

Wierd that cos I never have any problems.

I used to be Cap'n o The Sea Dogs, but like Mr Munky said, it takes a lot o commitment to keep the job now the games gone public proper.

I gave the Captaincy to someone who was on ALL the time, and now I am just First Mate. Means I can have more fun...

Bilgemonkey : I love that game, and I REALLY love the sound track. I ordered the CD last month and it was worth every penny.

Are you saying you orderd the Musical soundtrack? and if so where did you get it ???

HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

Ahhhhhh!!!., I tried to wait.., but as you know........, Pirate ..Savvy?., Thank you both..., I just ordered it., and if anyone else wants one., It was painless., Nothing to the flogging I took in Port Royale! The site lets you sample each song from each CD so you really know whatcher' gettin" Aye !

HarborMaster

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"