New Director for POTC 4....

Iron Bess

If Pirates 4 is ever given the green light , Gore Verbinski will not be at the helm.

A new Director will be attached to the project.

Just... keeping you all in the loop. :angry:

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

:::Gasp!::: No Gore?!??!? ;)

~Lady B

Nope.

Just pray it's not Tim Burton. <_<

How about George Lucas? The last movie suffered from way to much plot and not enough special effects. George can fix that.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

:::Gasp!::: No Gore?!??!? ;)

~Lady B

Nope.

Just pray it's not Tim Burton. <_<

How about George Lucas? The last movie suffered from way to much plot and not enough special effects. George can fix that.

ROTDLMAO ;);) (Sprays tea into the computer keyboard)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

We can only hope a new person will have better insight, knowledge, how to write and show a story and provide a decent plot, good action and people who can actually act (no Orlando Bloom!).

Perhaps this is asking too much, but we deserve a decent movie.

pirateshipff.gif

Iron Bess said, "Just pray it's not Tim Burton." ;)

But Depp and Burton are such buddies ;) You'd think that if they do a film together it will be "very dark" or perhaps "a black comedy" of sorts.

And maybe we'll get to see Helena Bonham Carter in it too! <_<

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Last 'taste' we got regarding the plot for POTC 4 was the search for the Juan Ponce de Leon's Fountain of Youth...

now...I know Iron Bess doesn't "work and tell" ...but they left it 'hanging out there'...any chance they could change their minds on the new film plot?

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

now...I know Iron Bess doesn't "work and tell" ...but they left it 'hanging out there'...any chance they could change their minds on the new film plot?

Well, ya never know.

I know that *idea's* have been bandied about and that a storyline is in the *pipeline*. What it may end up being is anyones gues as it will morph in and out quite a bit I would guess. And it is still years off as Depp is booked for some time. Now, if he wants to do it bad enough and changes his schedule well.....

And no, Orlando Bloom is not on the schedule to be back. (Drink up me hearties Yo Ho!) <_<

Well, you may not realize it but your looking at the remains of what was once a very handsome woman!

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif

Hmmm.. my guess... no fountain of youth .. cause they already found it. They meaning Jack and Barbossa. Fountain of youth bein' a double for Walt Disney World. But..:::Shrugs::: the final story is anyones guess as we've seen over and over and over again. :lol:

Lots more piratey lore and legend they can work with. OMG, do they have lots more! And still a couple more elements from the Ride they can use. :D

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmm.. my guess... no fountain of youth .. cause they already found it. They meaning Jack and Barbossa. Fountain of youth bein' a double for Walt Disney World. But..:::Shrugs::: the final story is anyones guess as we've seen over and over and over again. :huh:

Lots more piratey lore and legend they can work with. OMG, do they have lots more! And still a couple more elements from the Ride they can use. :D

~Lady B

With the huge depth of pirate legend and lore, PLUS the real, historical stuff . . .

Why are pirate movies now so few, far between, and often SO BAD?

I was hoping PotC would open the doors to GOOD pirate movies again as a genre in-and-of-itself. More films like modern takes on The Black Swan, Capt. Blood, SeaHawks, and the like. Modern special effects would allow AMAZING footage impossible or insanely expensive in the days of the pre-computer studio system (and the constant re-use of Griffin Park as EVERYWHERE).

That said, good to see there IS work being done on PotC 4, at least in the preliminary phases.

Edited by Tartan Jack

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

Cause people can't help it but bash and critique the historical films, even if it's historical fiction. And this is why most companies cringe at the prospect of doing a historical film. People tend to forget about the drama and the story and nit-pick over the historical accuracy of the film from the location and time frame to the costumes.

Honestly, I'm might disappointed that many of us don't take advantage of it and make our own "Fan Films" or independent, low/no-budget films.

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

It's all about the money...

And like them or hate them, these type of *Pop Culture* Pirate movies are making money for us hand over fist. EVen so long after they came out.

They are the most asked after films we get *when! When!?* letters about.

If it works they will stick to the not so historical process, go with the more Mythical and make tons more money. (shrug) :D

IronBessSigBWIGT.gif