Info on this Blunderbuss.

1stMate Matt

One of my main sword dealers is now carrying some fire arms too. All I know is that they come in a kit and someone up north is putting them together for them. I asked if he would be into trading some swords for a few and the first one I am into is the big boy.

I was hoping someone might be able to identify the kit and if it is decent. I do trust my dealer and he syas they fire great and that he has one himself that he often uses. I just thought I would ask. I have plenty of black powder firearms but this would be my first blunderbuss.

l_749043d188478cd83ca9e68ab77ff94c.jpg

l_1776e5aff6147723716f5b50747d332f.jpg

l_47fba6943d74d8743383e670d274fbce.jpg

l_7284a14870a199bcaa5acd5888044110.jpg

Any info would help. If it is as nice as I hope, I plan on getting several and customizing them. Adding some gems here or some engraving there. Just hoping its a good enough starting point.

Cheers,

-1st Mate of Pirates Magazine

-Bladesmith/Owner of That Works Studio

http://youtube.com/thatworks

thatworks.shop

One of my main sword dealers is now carrying some fire arms too. All I know is that they come in a kit and someone up north is putting them together for them. I asked if he would be into trading some swords for a few and the first one I am into is the big boy.

I was hoping someone might be able to identify the kit and if it is decent. I do trust my dealer and he syas they fire great and that he has one himself that he often uses. I just thought I would ask. I have plenty of black powder firearms but this would be my first blunderbuss.

l_749043d188478cd83ca9e68ab77ff94c.jpg

l_1776e5aff6147723716f5b50747d332f.jpg

l_47fba6943d74d8743383e670d274fbce.jpg

l_7284a14870a199bcaa5acd5888044110.jpg

Any info would help. If it is as nice as I hope, I plan on getting several and customizing them. Adding some gems here or some engraving there. Just hoping its a good enough starting point.

Cheers,

It appears to be one of the India-made pieces as sold by Loyalist, Middlesex Village, et al.........

>>>>> Cascabel

That appears to be the Middlesex Village Trading Companie Doglock Blunderbuss for $495. However, their website doesn't list it as a kit. It does not look like busses for sale on either the Loyalist or Discriminating General websites.

Regardless, here's the link to this particulair buss on the Middlesex site:

Middlesex Village 1690's Blunderbuss

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

The pictures are still there.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Hey... I've always view the India made guns as "kits in the White".... the finish sux... so you gotta re-do that.... and well a little bit of file work to make it different than everyone else's..... we're not playing military issue.....(where all Pyrates were issued the same guns....that sorta thing...)

I really liked the muzzle ring on my buss..... but it looked just like everyone else's so i ground it off.....

Also, be warned..... some of the springs are way too stiff, so you will have to work on them.....