Middlesex Village Sea Service Pistol

capnwilliam

Does anyone have any experience with the sea service pistol from the Middlesex Village Trading Company? I've decided that it's about time I sprung fer a flintlock pistol, and the price looked right fer that one. They gave me a good deal on me cutlass, too.

:o

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

Ahoy Aloft and Alow,

Have handled the merchandise, and am very familiar with the company. If you want a pistol that will see only light service, it will do you well. The pistol is made in India, the two possible disadvantages being the frizzen isn't twice hardened, as it ought be (not a difficult operation to do the second case hardening), and the second being if it breaks, you are out of luck as Middlesex has no warentee, and no means of replacing parts. If you want to only occassionaly make noise with it, it will serve you well for decades. It is cheaper than Loyalist arms, but not substantialy so in my estimation.

Your other Sea Service pistol option is Loyalist arms. Disadvantage, a few tens of dollars more expensive, advantage, a warentee, spare parts, and a properly hardened frizzen. if you want a shooter, I'd take this option - then again, I don't buy weaponry not fully servicable - your mileage may vary.

So, if your interest is the occassional blank firing, and it looking pretty, and being accurate looking, then Middlesex is fine, if you intend to use it heavily, go for Loyalist, even though it's a little more money.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

well after hearing that when i spring for my pistol itll be by loyalist

being a mechanic i have had the experience of not being able to get ahold of parts for replacement. its no fun no fun on cars and it'd be less fun if it were one of my toys

Aye, Thank ye fer the comments, Salem Bob; and I'm inclined to agree with Misery. Even though I DO want it as an occasional noisemaker, not a shooter, it won't do me any good at all if it breaks and there are no replacement parts available for it. :D

Capt. William

"The fight's not over while there's a shot in the locker!"

For me its the .66 caliber Sea-Duty Naval model of this piece., which is back ordered and will not be available from loyalist until july..., but if you put your name in and save 50 piasters' a month...., you'll have it !..,

Arrrrgh !! Pirates need cutlass's and firearms to make them feel more defended.,

HarborMaster

The link to one of their good looking .66 caliber hand cannons.

http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/17...176366Fpis.html

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"