Ask Cap'n Slappy

Cap'n Slappy

:huh: Ahoy me Darlin' Buckos! And the Happiest of All Possible New Years! :P

We've updated talklikeapirate.com and given it a good scrubbin'! As a "teaser" I've "improvised" some new words to the Disney "Pirate Song"

Enjoy, Cap'n Slappy

THE PIRATE SONG Music by the Disney Folks Lyrics by the Disney Folks Improvisations by Cap'n Slappy.

Yo Ho Ho Ho a Pirate's Life for Me! (repeat)/ We'll scuttle and buttle and fly a space shuttle/ drink up me hearties yo ho. We're swervy with scurvy our wenches are curvy, /drink up me hearties yo ho!/ Yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for me...

We plunder and blunder - stay out of the thunder, /drink up me hearties yo ho! /We rattle and battle (soloist) "and I'm from Seattle," /drink up me hearties, yo ho! /Yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for me...

We're swillin' and willin' and that homey's chillin' /drink up me hearties yo ho! /We've pegs and kegs and really bad eggs, /drink up me hearties yo ho. /Yo ho, yo ho a pirates life for me...

:lol: HA!!! I love it!!! My favorite lines are between:

>>We'll scuttle and buttle and fly a space shuttle...<<

and

>>We rattle and battle (soloist) "and I'm from Seattle..."<<

Also pleased to see my most favorite line, "and really bad eggs," got to remain in the lyrics. *grins* Oh, that is quite wonderful. You ought to think about e-mailing to the blog of your close and personal friend, Dave Barry... he might be happy ta post it when he returns to blogging...

Cap'n, I be a celebrator of Talk Like A Pirate Day -- planning on throwing a party this year for it -- and I be right honored to meet ye! Ahoy! :)

*runs off to see updated ITLAPD website*

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

Ahoy Captain Slappy! I have ye t'thank fer steein' me t'this here board. Lookin' forward t'another Talk Like A Pirate Day (or Weekend).

Accordin' t'me POTC ride soundtrack, the words t'the song are by F. Xavier Atencio and the music is by George Bruns. But your "interpretation" be more modern. :lol:

hook_banner2.jpg

Captain, we always knew you were a whoopsie.

Rumors of my death are entirely premature.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aye! We've been known to take a tune or two...or six...and "doctor" it up some! ;)

In our "Frequently Asked Questions" section is an archieved song that answer's the musical questions, "How does one spell 'savvy' and what the blazes does it mean?"

(it's to the tune of "L-O-V-E"...and old song me mother would know)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Drink up, me hearties! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cap'n Slappy