wool for blankets

..........runs screaming from computer...........

cant take it anymore....!!

i love to fabric shop--even online,but CANNOT find blanket weight wool anywhere!!

maybe i dont know what i am looking for? what it is called?

as the dh and a few sons are going to ohio , i was asked if i could purchase wool to make and use for blankets.......{ asking me to buy? what are yah kidding? thought it would be an easy task!! AU CONTRAIRE!

can some one direct me to a source.. and tellme what i am looking for...

pickham is what i think i am looking for.. the weight and drape....

or loden.... [ but i dont necessarily want it all in green}

thanks in advance...

and if anyone has quite a bit of yardage, and is willing to sell, let me know..

lady constance

Eergh... I kinda do it the other way around.... I buy Military Surplus wool blankets and then use them for coats and such...(things that need to be heavy wool)(plus you can re-dye them...)

I've seen blanket weight wool on some site (sorry I can't remember where), but it was much more expensive than just buying a wool blanket.....

Lady Constance.. The Sportsmans Guide... They are on-line and they send catalouges. You cannot go wrong here, but stay away from those "Emergency wool blankets" they have for like six blankets for 60 bucks. They are crappy and will "pill" like crazy. Dont know how many surplus woolies we have, lost count!

Bo

I do the same as Patrick, buy surplus blankets. White in color and then dye myself.. I think I pay like $10.00 bucks a piece, but they're like 2 1/2 yards of awsome thick wool perfect for short/long coats and bags and such.

"Without caffine, I'd have no personality at all"

I'll be following in Patrick and Kenneth's lead with military blankets. Got one already that I use that's 100% wool, and am on the hunt for more at local army/navy surplus stores (for clothing). Haven't seen em in colors I'd prefer though...lots and lots of green.

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

SPORTSMANS GUIDE... ON-LINE White ones, gray ones, green ones... check 'em out!

http://shop.sportsmansguide.com/default.asp?kwtid=271460

Dangitt, they musta sold outta all the white ones, but keep this in yer browser or whatever ya use, he always comes up with them. The italian grayones are good for lotsa stuff.

Bo

Edited by Capt. Bo of the WTF co.

well---i am a good will hoe! was just tehre today no luck-- BUT I DID find a piece of 100 silk in a pale blue, a wool skirt i can chop for stays and a funky patterned skirt for an awesome stomacher....

now if silas would get off the bernina..... { he bemaking slops into breeches... fun to watch! he maybe attacked later tonight!}

lady hoe