I give ye hearty greeting...

Joe Pyrat

Ahoy mates, I be new in port and wanted to say my 'ellos.

I live on a boat and am cruisnig south along the Intracoastal Waterway, currently in port at Charles Towne (Charleston) South Carolina. I've been shooting black powder since 1976 and have recently become certified as gun crew at the Charles Towne Landing Historical Site, which looks like the beginning of a new addiction and is of great concern to my better half. :D

My original foray into reenacting and muzzle loading was related to the Rocky Mountain fur trade, but I've always been interested in pirates and the history related to the latter part of the Golden Age, roughly 1670 - 1725. I am now in the process of acquiring my rig and trying to remain as historically accurate as I can, but still having fun with it.

As a sailor, I am very interested in anything having to do with sailing ships and the age of fighting sail. I also love doing research and would be interested in any advice as to how and where to find obscure historical information.

With that I'll take my leave ye,

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

Salutations good sir and welcome to the Pub I bid thee to wait a wee bit so that others may greet you as is proper afore you take your leave in so quick a fashion.

Please will you not join us for a round?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Welcome Joe,

A friend of mine works at Charles Town Landing, maybe you know him> He usually goes by CJ, but I think his real name is Cran?

Always good to have another pirate around... There just isn't enough of us. :D

Aye, I know that swab...

Adventure1.jpg

L to R, Drew, CJ, and yours truly...

Gents I be at your service and standin' by...

JoePyratA.gif

P1010500.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/oderlesseye
http://www.facebook....esseye?ref=name
Noquarter2copy.jpg
Hangin at Execution dock awaits. May yer Life be a long and joyous adventure in gettin there!
As he was about to face the gallows there, the pirate is said to have tossed a sheaf of papers into the crowd, taunting his audience with these final words:

"My treasure to he who can understand."

Welcome aboard, mate. Now if you plan your cruise right you'll end up in Key West in time for PiP this year. You and the first mate will be up to yer crosstrees in pyrates.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Welcome to the pub and please, do give my regards to CJ as well... met him down at Beaufort last year.

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Welcome to th' Pub, Joe! Hahaha, LOVE th' name, mate! Brilliant. :lol:

Fantastic threads!

Welp, in honor of thy designation an' tradition bein' ye buy us a round... make mine Pyrat Rum in honor of ye. :lol:

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

The welcomes are greatly appreciated mates, thank ye kindly.

Cap'n Jim, I'm departing Charleston in March and plan on trying to get a mooring in Boot Key Harbor. Don't know if I'll sail to Key West or buy a beater and drive for PIP, but I'm definitely going to be thar.

Cap'n Sterling, I will pass the word to CJ.

Lady B, helps me remember the important things... 37159769-177x150-0-0.jpg

:rolleyes:

JoePyratA.gif

Why thank ye, sir. :::Toasts to you::: To Joe Pyrat! :P

An' important things ... :P Aye! :::another toast:::

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

As a sailor, I am very interested in anything having to do with sailing ships and the age of fighting sail. I also love doing research and would be interested in any advice as to how and where to find obscure historical information.

Welcome aboard lad! If ye have not seen these books before this two volume set will do ye right well fer the subject. The link be for volume 2, but ye can find volume 1 on the site as well. You may already have them and so you'd know their value. If not they are well worth the price and answer many a question on the subject area!

Boarders Away Volume 2

I must note that anybody that be darin to be drinkin Pryat Rum has done opened a special place in me heart. And since it be open could ye be gettin me one neat and in a large glass?

Fair Winds,

-Greydog

Edited by Graydog

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am a special snowflake who has an opinion of such import that it must be shared and because people really care what I think!

Graydog, neat in a large glass it be mate. Very interesting books, I hadn't heard of them before; just ordered the pair. Can't wait until they get here.

JoePyratA.gif

::stumbles in holding nigh empty bottle o' Ron Matusalem....uh, an empty bottle that be::

Did I hear a new Bilge Rat?!?

::quickly hides th' now empty bottle behind he's back::

'ello Joe Pyrat! Me thinks I remember ye I do, aye, ye be th' new one t' this har establishment what owes a drink all'round!

Welcome indeed ::holds out th' empty bottle:: now fills 'er up! *hick*

:rolleyes:

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Mad L, it be to bad most of ye seem to be on the left coast. I got about 8 bottles of rum aboard and would greatly enjoy having some company emptying them. I be planning on making port on Bone Island for PIP in '09 so if any of ye make it we can see how much of the worlds rum supply we can consume.

Edited by Joe Pyrat

JoePyratA.gif

....I got about 8 bottles of rum aboard and would greatly enjoy having some company emptying them.....

:D::glances at me last bottle....'n it NAUGHT be SeaWynde::

:D

::grabs pistol 'n blades 'n hastens down t' th' dock::

THERE GOTTA BE A SHIP HERE I CAN STEAL.....'er, Procure that be...fer a little while...long enough for, say, 8 Bottle O' RUM!!

:D

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Ahoy there Joe! I don't climb into the Crows Nest much these days, but I saw yer post in the armory and I am cetain we have crossed trails during the Fur Trade days somewhere. Ye looks mighty familiar but I cannot remember from where. Good to have ye aboard sir, and welcome.

Bo (White Trash Fur Company= WTFco.)

Capt. Bo, I did my fur trading up in South Dakota with the trappers out of Rapid City. It's been a few years ago, well, maybe a more than a few now that I think of it, and I didn't have the beard back in them days. Had my Hawken made by a gent named Gary Whipple, a muzzleloading gunsmith who runs Ol' Ephraim's Outpost just outside of Rapid City.

Mad L, if you make it to PiP next year we can see about depleting the rum supply on Bone Island. There's a great little rum bar there known as the Rum Barrel.

In fact, it might be interesting to have a Pyracy Pub get-together at at the Barrel. What think ye mateys? If ye be intersted I can do the legwork once I get down that way in a few months.

Why is these islands called the "Dry Tortugas"?

'Cause them bloody pyrates drank all the damn rum, that's why!

:angry:

JoePyratA.gif