Lookin' for a quick pirate song!

The local theater is lookin' for people to play ol' pirate jigs & sea shanties.

Unfortunately, no fiddle have I.. but I do have a wooden recorder.

Anyone have a few good ol' sea shanties that can be used? The director is lookin' for more peeps to be in a play of Treasure Island. Hehehe... I suppose the trademark song for TI 'bottle o' rum' would be good as well as "pirates life for me".. anyone have it in a format for a recorder? Again.. as well as any quick ones to learn for a recorder.

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

as well as "pirates life for me".. anyone have it in a format for a recorder?

The best I could do for you would be to send you the letter names of the notes for "A Pirate's Life For Me" -- that is, A through G, the literal letters. I know you're looking for *actual music* though, so if you can settle for just the notes' letters, let me know.

~~Capt. Savvy

"Pirates ... were of that old breed of rover whose port lay always a little farther on, a little beyond the skyline ... if they lived riotously let it be urged in their favor that at least they lived."

~ John Masefield

Those who live by the sword, get shot instead.

captainjackisback.jpg

I play the recorder meself though on that particular instrument I tends to play by ear as oft as I play by score. Drunken Sailor is an easy one to learn and it can go on for ages. If there are any songs ye'd like to learn, I can send you the note names or fingerings if'n ye already know the tune. Otherwise, play around with the thing an' you'll start to get the idea.

-blackeye susan