Bienvenue!

Silken Jack

Ah, Silken Jack is it? And French. I've had rather "close" dealings with another man of silken demeanor, who hails from your country, although he would deny any association with said monarchy, being of gypsy heritage. However, I feel certain that the two of you would find much to discuss over a decanter of rare port. Sebastian Devareaux is his name, and I will let him know of your arrival.

As for me, spare the rum and port. I prefer champagne.

Bienvenue, Monsieur de Soie.

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Je vous ai souhaité la bienvenue, monsieur. Il est toujours avec plaisir que je fais l'aquaintance de chez moi le sol.

Flourished doffing of hat with polite bow is offered.

Je vous mendie pardonnent à mon frère dans la loi...

Sidelong glance is cast to Sterling in brief.

Il était toujours assez facile de déclencher... Mais, a augmenté ainsi depuis le départ de ma soeur de cet avion terrestre. Et pardonnez-moi aussi pour mon manque de manières. Mon nom est Sabastian Devareaux et bien que je me trouve rarement dans le fait de confiner de cette région particulière, je suis incapable de nier la demande de Mlle Ransom d'introductions nécessaires.

Seating is taken next to Ransom,Salut, ma petit...

Edited by 'Bastian Devareaux

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

“Five and Twenty Ponies, Trotting thru’ the Dark.

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

I do beg your forgivness, Mademoisselle McDonough...I forget myself. What was said, without overmuch detail, was a proper welcome in Monsieur's native speech....For the most part, that is. I assure you that it was not ment to confuse those not familliar with its ways.

It is time to pause, even so early, for this account is not intended to be about my life...but is, as I have said, about my life's secrets. Secrecy is intrinsic to my work. ~ Christopher Priest

Brandy for the Parson, 'Baccy for the Clerk. Laces for a Lady, Letters for a Spy.Watch the wall my darling; While the Gentlemen go by.”~Rudyard Kipling

ClaudeDuval.jpg

"Tank ya lad. I wasn't confused, I knew better den t'try to translate. Just tink it rude t'speak in ones native tongue in public witout translatin ...I always do when speakin m'Irish Gaelic, jus courtsy. Now...what'll ya ave t'drink?" Silkie sets down her glass and heads towards the bar.

Edited by Silkie McDonough

"Well he has been well greeted" so saying rose from her chair and moved towards the door "If ye will excuse me, the night calls." Turns about and bows to those present then slips within the shadows allowing them to swallow her whole before vanishing as if she had never been at all.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/Dara286/trident01-11.png

If you got a dream chase it, cause a dream won't chase you back...(Cody Johnson Till you Can't)

Black Syren Logo small.png

Point taken and acknowledged, Mademoisselle McDonough. As for libation, do allow me the pleasure of purchasing your own as well as mine...An olive branch, as it were. I am of the mind and craving for fine brandy, the best this house has to offer. Order what ever it might be that suites your want, the coin is mine to pay.

ClaudeDuval.jpg

"Tank ya Monseerr Devareaux buot I bae drinkin frum d'bottle uv port det dis Silken Jack witout a sir name bought Capin Sterlin."

The ever vigilant Ray has the Brandy open and setting on the bar before Silkie arrives and with a smile he adds a mark to his ledger under Devareaux's name. Looking up he winks at Silkie, she nods at the man as she takes the bottle and glass provided.

"Now, Wot more might Silent Jack ave t'say?"

Silkie pours from the bottle for the French man before her. Out of habit she curtsies then turns from Devareaux to retrieve her glass.

As you wish, Mademoisselle and merci.

ClaudeDuval.jpg

I give 'Bastian a wink. "You do have such an effect, don't you, ma Pearl?" Then continue to sip from my glass of Champagne.

"So, ou e Monsieur Soie?"

(Translation=Where is Mr. Silk?)

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

BASTIAN!!!!

:) Good t' see ye here.

Now... where th' devil did th' other Frenchy run off to? Hmm? Twisted I may be, but I prefer a Frenchy over a Spaniard any day. :P Eager t' hear more of his silken words an' charm. ;)

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!

Bastian sweetie, some of us don't speak fFrench ...care to translate?

Devareaux is pissing and moaning about my behavior

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Easing through the door. Dressed in common sailors clothes, Roberts find himself a seat. Motions to Murin not to make a fuss at his presence. He slips in the tavern unnoticed. Sterling catches his eye and almost unnoticeable nod is exchanged betwixt them. Roberts takes his seat in a dark corner table, waiting for Miss McDonough to come and take his order.

(And by the way, welcome Silken Jack! Its looks like I'll be going by Roberts more often now. :P )

Edited by Jack Roberts

Bastian sweetie, some of us don't speak fFrench ...care to translate?

Devareaux is pissing and moaning about my behavior

Truly...Never in a day, frere. I was simply explaining to the gentleman that you have always had bark and bite...Though it seems a bit more common in the past recent. No guantlet thrown, nor malicious speaking..If that had been mine intent I would have been much more clear and used King's English...Besides, of what good would it do me to try to glamour my thoughts in French...You can dechipher if, well enough. But, I see no raison to split hairs...or hares, for that matter. Do have a bottle of refined fire on mine coin and be a proper fellow...Or at least a cheerful one.

ClaudeDuval.jpg

And what if I don't care to be cheerful?

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

Then be not cheerful. It is your own choice after all. I on the other hand, much prefer the joys and plairs that life has to offer in so many tantalizing ways.

Raises glass in salute and hint of smirk

A round for the house, says I!!

ClaudeDuval.jpg

"She will be your ruin John" Silkie sighs as she rolls her eyes and shakes her head before the captains mistress makes her way to the table. "Oi! Roberts," Murin takes the moment to move away, "Wot makes ya tink I'm d'servin wench ere?" she signals Ray's girl who moves quickly to meet Mistress McDonough at the table where Jack sits. Taking a seat Silkie continues in a lower tone. "I was jus calmin d'capin lad. Sumtin wot won't be appenin now dat she's..." Silkie indicates Lilly McKinney with a nod of her head "...arrived." The girl now stands before Jack waiting for his order. Across her face she wears a warm smile and it is clear she is taken by the mans good looks ...or is that she wishes to be taken by the man?

"Aye, Isn't that the truth of it lass."

replied Roberts,

"Can never hurt to have a couple of the crew around. I was hopin that Rats or Dogg would show also. My humblest apologies with the misunderstanding

concerning the serving wench. Speaking of which."

With the slightest nod and a wink to Murin, Jack turns his undivided attention to the serving lass in front of him.

"Well now I might not 'ave such a gilded tongue as our frippery dressed friend here, but my coin is just as real my dear."

breathed Roberts, barely above a whisper, causing the girl lean close to hear. "I will have a pint of your darkest ale my sweet."

Pressing a coin in her hand with a slight smile.

And then some! **gives Cheeky a squeeze**

Crewe of the Archangel

:::Slips back in;::: I heard Bastian is buyin' a round... Aye, Bastian, I'll have a good sized drink. Ye pick th' spirit, mate.

:::looks around::: Hath th' silken one returned yet?

~Lady B

Tempt Fate! an' toss 't all t' Hell!"

"I'm completely innocent of whatever crime I've committed."

The one, the only,... the infamous!