Mutant PiPmas Ornaments

Mission

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Christmas ornaments are a great idea, Diosa. I do like Captain Stelring's stock idea too.

May I throw another idea to all of you?

Is it possible that we could make Christmas ornaments that portray your 'personna'?

I really don't think there should be any limitations on what people come up with.... I find the personna idea intriguing..... I just have no idea what I would come up with for me.....

By the way... did you notice that Capt Sterling said "yer wish is my command' to me? Just thought I would point that out... Watch out Cheeky.... I'm moving up the mistress list... :)

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

I really don't think there should be any limitations on what people come up with.... I find the personna idea intriguing..... I just have no idea what I would come up with for me.....

Chrispy had a great idea Diosa - how about a bodice with a hallow above it.

or my thought the heart pins you wear for your campaign. a mini version would make a nice ornament.

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Let me explain. We have the Chocolatefest in January. Lots of it. We have waaaaay too much chocolate.

Then when February rolls around we have chocolate...AGAIN.

Oh William...you can NEVER have too much Chocolate! As for doing it early...I like the idea of being a chocolate comma for a whole month!

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Now thats a GREAT idea... then we could collect each other!!

Ooo, you landed on a great marketing idea RustyNell. Just think...."Be the first one on your block to have them all!" Collect all 12, or 24, or 36...

I already know what Captain Sterling 'could' be...

I can see Diosa's being a 'ball and chain' for her Bonney/Reed character...just a thought.

Member of "The Forsaken"

why cheekys would be too easy. lets see full of fluff, flits around in a breeze, not much to it. lets see.... cottonballs. a perfect persona!!! :D

Cottonballs?! I would say something Shiney would suit me. As for you, Dutch. A tattered piece of hemp; layered in pine pitch and dirt tied with a piece of hemp twine would be perfect.

And when your done with it, you can use it for a fire-starter....

Member of "The Forsaken"

By the way... did you notice that Capt Sterling said "yer wish is my command' to me? Just thought I would point that out... Watch out Cheeky.... I'm moving up the mistress list... :)

Yes, I saw what Capt. Sterling said, Diosa. He can be very free with his words and time, Dearie. But as far as moving up on the 'list'. I would have to say that the Captain perfers the 'down' position.

Oh, you'll need a board for your back, too. He lists a bit when he drinks. :D

Member of "The Forsaken"

Ah Lady, my word is always good when I give it... and just ignore the Mistress, she never has a nice thing to say.... I am finally beginning to understand what William Red Wake means...

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

What about if you all backed a cookie of each other and decorated it accordingly. You could do up a trading card the came with the cookie. Once you had all the cards, they would be used to play a game (like a simple version of Magic the Gathering).

Just a though... :blink:

Mickey Flint

First Mate o' the Harbinger

Me Website...

l_86c90f45206f4ce9bad5d7f52fdc1fc6.jpg

mmmm chocolate dipped bacon...Mary sinful!!

Cheeky the yellow ship comment was a caption I thought I saw in your photos in photobucket...stole it from you I thought.......and curious what Sterlings ornament would be ...please do share.

and Cheeky "Oh, you'll need a board for your back, too. He lists a bit when he drinks" ROFLMAO -- a little pitch and yawl aye??

Dutch I hope someone did get that on video. It was hillarious. I can still see it in my head plain as day.

Edited by RustyNell

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

I've already begun my design... I only worry that the Cat 4 wind portion of the ornament may cause some damage in the winner's home. But, then again, there's the argument for authenticity in the ornament's representation.

-- Hurricane, The Blowhard

I think the Christmas ornaments are a great idea, Diosa. I do like Captain Stelring's stock idea too.

May I throw another idea to all of you?

Is it possible that we could make Christmas ornaments that portray your 'personna'?

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Hmmm... in order to keep this as a thing where we can all get ornaments and we can still do a fundraiser.... should we do it as a dutch auction (No Dutch, we are not going to auction you off) kind of like the hair auction. We put all the ornaments out there (my guess is I will likely make 4 or 5 ornaments in each of 4 or 5 styles because I get bored with making too many of one thing) and then bid for who gets first 'dibs' on buying. Highest bidder gets to pick as many as they want, paying the bid price for each one (i.e. if it goes to $12, and that person wants 4 ornaments, they pick the four they want and put $48 into the charity pot, the next person who bid $11 goes next and picks as many as they want at $11 each and so on until they're all gone) that will go faster than bidding on them one at a time....what do you all think?

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

How did this moody thread become a discussion of Christmas ornaments?

I think you'd have to pick the right people to be on the ornaments to sell them. Look at how hard they had to work to sell those artist's sketches of some fairly popular (in our little PiP world) pirates.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

How did this moody thread become a discussion of Christmas ornaments?

I think you'd have to pick the right people to be on the ornaments to sell them. Look at how hard they had to work to sell those artist's sketches of some fairly popular (in our little PiP world) pirates.

How we got here....

Moody memories turned into how PIP seems like more of a holiday than Christmas...so PIPmas came up... then I mentioned that I always buy ornaments when I travel so maybe we could make pirate ones for PIPmas...others do the same thing...etc etc... that's how we got here...

That being said, oh great moderator, if you would like to move it all to a new thread, go for it :)

On the 'people on ornaments' that is not quite what was meant, i don't think. It was more of an ornament that represents you... such as for me someone thought the idea of shackles or a ball and chain as Mary would wear would be an ornament that would represent me... Hurricane was thinking a hurricane flag or other hurricane type of image as representing him....etc etc... not necessarily a likeness of the person, but a representation through something else.

Edited by Goddess in the Bodice

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Moody memories turned into how PIP seems like more of a holiday than Christmas...so PIPmas came up... then I mentioned that I always buy ornaments when I travel so maybe we could make pirate ones for PIPmas...others do the same thing...etc etc... that's how we got here...

That being said, oh great moderator, if you would like to move it all to a new thread, go for it :)

Good God! Don't put the responsibility on me! I was just savoring the irony. (If you guys do want me to split it out for better visibilty, I'll be happy to do so, however.)

Here is what I want on my ornament:

3098154509_e83a608bfe.jpg

(Bucky the pants-ed skeleton.)

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

Gee does this mean I get a white ping-pong ball hanging from a red ribbon??

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Here is what I want on my ornament:

3098154509_e83a608bfe.jpg

(Bucky the pants-ed skeleton.)

Ummm...does bucky have his skeletal right hand on his, ummm...well, look for yourself.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

Gee does this mean I get a white ping-pong ball hanging from a red ribbon??

No, you get a (sterling) silver bell hanging from a red ribbon.

3ff66f1f.jpg

My occupational hazard bein' my occupation's just not around...

I don't know if these need to be auctioned. My thought was we just sell them at set prices and the money goes to charity. We can make as many as we have the time or inclination to make. When they are gone they are gone. Price them according to time and materials. The person who made it could price it accordingly.We can make slight price adjustments if need be once we have them all together.

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce