fire buckets

Dutchman

the tin cans are going to be freebies. As long as folks can save the cans, I'll make up a few stencils and we can just knock em out as we need to. the leather ones...... i have no idea what the price tag will be... i'll advise as i get one or two finished.

edit*

here is the reenactors fire brigade logo that smoke and fire sells.

http://www.smoke-fire.com/stickers-transfers-1.asp

it is not copyrighted and is available for all to use.

Edited by bbcddutchman

• 2 weeks later...

0106090022.jpg

hmmm.. well that photo bites. anyhow, just finished the first trial piece. taint pretty but its held water for 24 hours with only 1/8 inch drop. finished size is 12" high by 9.5" wide at the top. the mouth is a bit distorted as the leather shrank more than i was expecting and i used a wire ring to hold its shape. i'll use rope next time and see how it does. tomorrow i'll dry her out and paint then another layer of wax inside and add leather to the handle.

There is a symbol that the blackpowder folk came up with.... for fire buckets..... I will have to look it up...

It had something to do with changing the copyrights of "Hey... we gotta a fire..." and someone else saying that is our copyright.... so you can't use that on your fire buckets........

BULL SHIT.., but tell that to the Red Cross.....(If you didn't know it. the red cross is copyrighted...)

What I wannna post right now is sooo none PG-13 that it isn't worth the effort....

Dutch if you use rope around the top of your bucket it will most likely collapse, I was researching early rubber for CW a year or so ago and wire is the correct way to keep your bucket top formed!

Don't waste the material with rope at the top.

Self Promoter Jim

Pirate Gear oldsutlerjohn.biz

American Civil War oldsutlerjohn.net

0106090022.jpg

hmmm.. well that photo bites. anyhow, just finished the first trial piece. taint pretty but its held water for 24 hours with only 1/8 inch drop. finished size is 12" high by 9.5" wide at the top. the mouth is a bit distorted as the leather shrank more than i was expecting and i used a wire ring to hold its shape. i'll use rope next time and see how it does. tomorrow i'll dry her out and paint then another layer of wax inside and add leather to the handle.

WILL you learn how to use a camera! Please!

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Hmmm we had enough to encircle the large garbage pail which held the water... or at least partially, there is actually a picture some where of the fire buckets....

These were the ones at PiP (I took it, because I planned to use it in a joke on my PiP page.)

3098991170_fcf12896f0.jpg

Or better yet, you have a perfectly good Grace!

We should all have a perfectly good Grace. Dutch takes horrible pictures with his crappy camera phone. I think he does this on purpose because I once 'fixed' one of his photos, which he graciously thanked me for and then didn't use. ;)

“We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.” –Carlos Casteneda

"Man is free at the moment he wishes to be." — Voltaire

gallery_1929_23_24448.jpg