Special Moments of PIP 08

Lily Alexander

How do you describe PIP? It's family, friends, chaos, sleep deprivation, gut busting laughter, tears and special moments. It is such a unique experience for everyone. In no particular order, here are some of my favorite PIP moments.

Our morning bacon salute to William. While holding a piece of bacon in your left hand, arm raised to the sun. A salute to William was made each morning before the bacon was consumed. You were with us each and every day William.

The wonderful gathering of family and friends from several different crews for Saturday night's dinner at Silkie's Hide. Thank you all for being there.

Standing in the firing line inbetween Captain Jim and Patrick.

Watching Fayma Callahan fire her first shot.

Taunting and shooting at Sterling.

Watching Sterling have the time of his life on Saturday night. It was so good to see you laughing and having a bloody good time Captain.

Donating my hair with Mad Dogge and Patrick.

Sharing living quarters with the Callahan's and Bawdy Be. I'm so glad we got the chance to get to know each other better.

Watching Scarlett Jai floating on air wearing her new stays. Not only did she look beautiful, she was absolutely glowing.

Thanksgiving dinner with the Bone Island Buccaneers. That was truly the best Thanksgiving I've had in a long time.

My interpretation of the "Singing in the Rain" dance. Yes, my sneakers did finally dry.

Special pictures taken in the sand. (You'll have to wait for the Callahan photo's to see).

Looking at the stars and listening to the sound of the waves as I drifted off to sleep.

Sitting on the wall at the Fort watching the sun set with Edward.

My first sword fighting lesson with Mad Dogge and Mary.

Eating oysters, crab and shrimp on the beach. Thank you Dutchie and Grace.

Acquired Items:

Raw emeralds and a lace handkerchief from Bawdy Be

Turquiose necklace and cannon keychain from Diosa

Wood Goblet from Greg the Merchant

Portrait of Edward and I from Fayma & Tony

Edited by Haunting Lily

If you're gonna give me a headache, please bring me an aspirin!

http://www.forttaylorpyrates.com/

How do you describe PIP? It's family, friends, chaos, sleep deprivation, gut busting laughter, tears and special moments. It is such a unique experience for everyone. In no particular order, here are some of my favorite PIP moments.

Our morning bacon salute to William. While holding a piece of bacon in your left hand, arm raised to the sun. A salute to William was made each morning before the bacon was consumed. You were with us each and every day William.

Niiiiice. That made me smile.

It also explains why I craved bacon most of last week.

image.jpeg.6e5f24495b9d06c08a6a4e051c2bcc99.jpeg

Ohh Lily, dear sweet Lily... getting to know you was one of the highlights for me.. you wear your heart on your sleeve and I love you for that. some of my favorite moments:

watching the 3 of you give your hair to Locks-of-Love... I cried

singing The Ballad of the Bone Island Buccaneers to Sterling - he cried (though it was dark and I'm sure he'll swear it was sweat or something)

Definitely Thanksgiving with the whole family! - it was great to spend that first day home together

Stynky and me having a PIP poster together...xoxoxo

being on the first all girl cannon crew!! and being clean and ready to go for the next round before all the boys. - huzzah Captain Gracie, Red Jessie and Kate

spending more time at the careening camp in Silkies Hide - Silkie you've got the best Hide in the seven seas! -- it was great getting to know you all better this year.

Seeing Sterling that first set up day and not recognizing him, the smirk on his face that said "You don't recognize me" is what finally gave it away. :unsure:

Dutch saving my pride when I fell in front of a huge crowd of people by jumping on top of me shouting "I'll save you" Another memory thanks to Dutch was watching him run back and forth while we shot at him like it was a duck shooting gallery - I almost wet my pants.

Greg buffing out the scratches in my leather stays from said fall.

My boudoir photo's with Papa Ratzi - it was completely impromptu I was just goofing around, but it was so much fun I can't wait to get those pictures - I want to make it my banner. I though he was going to wet his pants taking the pictures he was laughing so hard.

The hanging - this group of people are so full of one liners I can't even recall all the jokes there were so many.... all I know is I never thought I'd laugh so hard at a hanging "The most well hung Captain" indeed - Sterling you rock, even at 15 cents.

The closing ceremony was incredible -thanks to Bawdy Be who started the tradition of singing Health to the Company at closing ---- "and one to our ass" I love her for the "pirate" version ---and this year, sharing wine out of a common glass while we sang was wonderful, even though we shared the crud with it. I'll cough up a lung for you people anyday!!

I love you all and miss you so much - all the laughter and memories are sufficient to get me through until next year, though I hope to not wait that long to see you.

XOXOX

Nell -- didn't realize Chrispy was signed in

Edited by Cannibal Chrispy

Illustration courtesy of Patrick Hand, and his Pyrate Comix. To see comic in it's entirety, click below

http://pyracy.com/index.php?showtopic=13374 All rights reserved.

There are so many!! Ugh, I'll try to keep it reasonable...

The impromptu photo shoot on the beach that started with Mae and Katie walking in the water and just went downhill in great ways.

Having the honor of helping Captain Jim and Spike with the auction, and getting to help cut Patrick's hair.

The ghost hunts- especially the first night, when MD kindly walked me back to the haunted latrines because I was too chicken to go alone.

Reuniting with friends- The wonderful Archangels, Leatherback, Jai, Mudbeggar, Nigel, and the rest of the fantastic BIB crew.

Running to catch up with the pirates in the parade- and then running to catch up with them again because we stopped for a drink.

Fitting Mickey, Katie, me, Mae, Willie, and I forget how many others into the Souris van for the mad dash to said parade.

Hearing the Ballad of the Bone Island Buccaneers for the first time.

Talking with Fergus in the fort.

Seeing Jack's wanted poster, and being given the honor of starting the DVD he worked on from last year.

Talking with Nell for a few minutes at the Hide Sunday night.

My walk back to the encampment with Silverhawk.

Laughing til I cried at Mission and Stynky at the Hide- especially Stynky trying to hide Mission's bone saw in his waistcoat. "You'll cut your arm off!"

Having my cup stolen and returned empty by Wendell, who is apparently one of the Fort's trickster ghosts (Will make a post dedicated to THAT incident later on).

The hanging- BRAVO to everyone involved.

And, of course, being awoken by MD and Sterling in the middle of the night. "You're just trash! Trash in a coffin!"

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

I witnessed a bacon salute by Silkie and one other person the afternoon I arrived.

Watching the battle on Friday, and having my ears ring a few hours afterwards.

Walking through the belly of the Fort with Diosa, Hurricane, Willie Wobble, William and Doug. Kind of a "lights on" ghost tour (during the day).

Seeing all the sparklies, swag and goodies at the vendors (in the Fort), and wanting to buy a lot of it.

Sitting at Silkie's at night (especially Thursday and Saturday) and just talking with crewmates and listening to music.

Listening to the waves lap up onto the shore at night. Reminds me (a tiny bit) of the pool and fountain next to my apartment. :blink:

Taking part in the parade Friday night, throwing beads to some folks, handing them out nicely to others (kiddies and gramma/grampa).

Pub crawling after the parade (trying to corrupt me, eh?)

Watching (and taping) the spur of the moment Conquistador invasion. That floored me...good work gents (and ladies!) who participated.

Meeting a good lot of the emcampment's inhabitants...you all are such a nice bunch of folk. I hope the lot of yah make it back next year. It was a pleasure serving with you. *tips my hat*

Edited by Cpt Sophia M Eisley

Perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances. ---(---(@

Dead Men...Tell No Tales.

Welcome, Foolish Mortals...

Most memorable moments at PIP:

Maddogge arriving back in camp from the “Walk the Plank” competition …leaking, wearing a big smile and telling us what we missed!

Standing on the beach Friday morning in a state of panic because Captain Sterling had taken ill…then Lily, Mary, and Grace coming to his aid – Bless you Ladies for your help.

Watching Silkie in all her glory as she managed the Silkie’s hide

Having the pleasure of meeting up with Silas and his lovely wife, Constance

Kate and Mickey bringing Lob the Monkey to PIP. I am so glad that you two found him!

Being treated like family at ‘The Cat and Fiddle’ – Thank you all for your hospitality.

Diosa and Shiela offering the very pregnant Lilly McKinney Sweet Pickles and Chocolates for lunch…(Yes, I ate it and it was damn good, too!)

Having the honor of rocking little Charlie to sleep on Friday night – Girls, he love to give hugs!

Laughing my butt off as I watched RustyNell do watch she does best…entertain all of us!

Watching Scarlet Jai’s face as she was given period correct girly clothes from the Crewe.

Watching Papa Ratzzi crank out some amazing shots at sunset.

Doing a ‘Pant and Heave’ cover shot with the Viceroy, Larance

Being saved by Maddogge as he pulled me from the ocean

Watching Mission work his bone saw …in and out of camp…(grin)

Jamming in the Ordinary Friday night with the boys…

Watching Willie Wobble think fast as he saved his tent from flamage

Having my own personal stalker…Captain Jim!

Meet and greet night at the Pirate Pub (fort) for some damn good singing from the Bone Island Buccaneers.

Hearing Maddogge rant at Captain Sterling sleeping in his Captain’s bed (it’s not a coffin unless your dead, Maddogge).

Seeing the Twins (Jana/Shana) again….(Damn, how I miss my twin!)

Ghost walking the Fort with everyone…spooky

Listening to Grace and ‘Robbie’ love-spats first thing in the morning (laughing all the way)!

Having a battle of wits and words with Spike (in a good way) ….

Standing on the rampart and watching the ALL GIRL CANNON Crew! Great Job Ladies!

Watching the crews honor the Make a Wish recipient and him receiving all his booty.

Drinking Maddogge's 'Butt Juice' on Sunday Night...

Knowning that we are all going to be back next year…if we have to peg, barrow or steal…I know where I can find a hat and a bone saw.

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

Cheeky I still can't get the look of you out of my head---- in all your pink and blue splendor - arms held high - heels outstretched --- screeching "My baby My baby!!

and the birth of the twins LOL .. Leatherback: "Daddy, Daddy!" and Sterlings "Awwwe crap!"

premier moment!

Edited by RustyNell

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

Cheeky I still can't get the look of you out of my head---- in all your pink and blue splendor - arms held high - heels outstretched --- screeching "My baby My baby!!

and the birth of the twins LOL .. Leatherback: "Daddy, Daddy!" and Sterlings "Awwwe crap!" Premier moment!

Thank ye, RustyNell. We have fun and it shows. Everyone contributes and that's what makes it so worth while. It was a great meeting up with you this year...can't wait to do it all again next year!

Edited by Cheeky Actress

photo-2975.jpg?__rand=0.71617700+1286403
Member of "The Forsaken"

seeing friends old and new......

waking up before sunrise and watching it rise on the beach

finnally making it over to the fort

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

OMG I don't even know where to begin....

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Seeing the Hide lit up and alive the first evening with Jammie, Gregory & Mike playing music!

Dinner on Saturday with serving wenches, patrons and tips galore!

Hugs ...hugs for everyone ...again ...and again. I need another hug. Again.

Oh Silkie I need your hugs - you need to open a Chiropractic tent - twice you hugged me hard enough to crack my back - GOD LOVE YOU GIRL!!

XOXOXOXO

OOOOOO - extra hugs

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

1.) All girl cannon crew. I had only fired small arms a few times (hush, Sterling...whoohoo! *celebratory dance*), and firing that cannon....wow. Especially with the girls.

2.) Spending time with Mae and Brig....I missed you gals so much....miss you more now.

3.) Grace. She is amazing. Need I say more?

4.) Meeting RedJessi.

5.) Sunset on the beach and at the fort.

6.) Ghost hunting with MAdDogge. That was SO fun!

7.) Not during PiP, but the day after....I got to hang out with Patrick Hand....just me and him. He took me to Mallory Square, we bought souveniers for my mom and dad, went to the garden full of heads, and just kind of hung out and talked. That was alot of fun....thanks Patrick.

Too many good things to list I think....I missed a ton of em. but I know what they are and they will make it in the scrapbook!

Banner.jpg

FEELING LIKE AN INTRUDER

I commend all of you on the joy and love of the time you spent there. I will be moving heaven and earth to make sure that I can fill each of your cups next year (or hopefully at some point in the interim).

***keeping his jealousy well hidden***

Mickey Flint

First Mate o' the Harbinger

Me Website...

l_86c90f45206f4ce9bad5d7f52fdc1fc6.jpg

FEELING LIKE AN INTRUDER

I commend all of you on the joy and love of the time you spent there. I will be moving heaven and earth to make sure that I can fill each of your cups next year (or hopefully at some point in the interim).

We'll save you a seat at the pub, Captain Mickey! Looking forward to meeting you.

Oh, how beautiful it used to be

Just you and me, far beyond the sea

-Nightwish

Alice Mason, Crewe of the Archangel

Captain Sterling's hug upon our arrival. Could make the worst day better.

Seeing so many familiar faces....Mickey and Kate, M.A. d'Dogge, Edward and Lilly, Cheeky, Mary Diamond and Mark, Captain Jim, Silkie, Patrick, the Bone Island crewe, the Callahans, Willie Wobble, and many others.

Meeting new friends who quickly became family.

Mine and Brig's first trip together in over a year.

My first stint as a powder monkey.

Nigel's back-breaking hugs.

The amazing breakfast burritos Willie cooked.

Sleeping like a rock every night, and regretting the fun I missed by going to bed.

Ghost hunts in the Fort....and being thankful that I didn't actually SEE one.

Walking in the Christmas parade, seeing the reactions a crowd of pirates always draws.

Holding Hamish....Callenish and Salty have a perfect baby boy.

Carousing on the beach with Brig, Katie, Mistress Lilly, and M.A. d'Dogge

Leatherback driving me from the Fort to the camp when my feet had had enough coral for one day.

The Captain's laughter.

Rusty Nell's beautiful voice filling the cantina.

The closing gathering, thinking how easy it is to love people that were strangers the day before.

MaeBar-1.png

The world stands out on either side

No wider than the heart is wide.

~E. Millay

The closing gathering, thinking how easy it is to love people that were strangers the day before.

made me cry Mae... we may be strange in some ways but odd how there's not a stranger us

XOXO.

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

made me cry Mae... we may be strange in some ways but odd how there's not a stranger among us.

XOXO.

Edited by RustyNell

RNR2.gif

Ambrose Bierce

FEELING LIKE AN INTRUDER

We'll save you a seat at the pub, Captain Mickey! Looking forward to meeting you.

Ah lass, yer a gem to be sure. Here's to future days and mugs lifted only to be soon drained. Twood be an honor truly to me a maid as fine a ye and yer crew. Twill keep me on tack for the long months in between to be sure.

Me thanks ye have, and me good will t' boot. And know fer sure, I'll be keepin an eye out fer that seat at the pub!

Mickey Flint

First Mate o' the Harbinger

Me Website...

l_86c90f45206f4ce9bad5d7f52fdc1fc6.jpg

When I first saw this thread I thought, "That's not for me. I just spent five days pouring buckets of prose diarrhea out explaining "special" moments. I have no right to say anything here." But some of that is just reporting and I got to maundering over it this 'morn and...well, sorry folks, you get a dose of the highlights for me. At the close of last year's journal I said "Great people make for a great hobby" and it still holds true. So here goes (there are so many to choose from...)

Enjoying my favorite meal in my favorite restaurant with the most amazing person I have met recently in full garb while listening to a recitation from the back of a wine bottle. *Sigh* Why isn't real life like this?

Cutting fruits and vegetables with MAD Dogge, who has hidden depths that I confess I had never suspected. To you, sir.

Parking my pickled carcass in Deadeye's close, comfortable candlelit ashram. I stopped there because he had a bottled water in his hand and I knew I needed some. I wound up listening to a philosophical explanation the likes of which I'll bet he only occasionally shares with the lucky few.

Nestling into a spot in the sand in front of the small campfire on the beach with Josh and Anna and getting totally caught up and schooled in what Star Wars has become these days. I recall being Josh's age and seeing it for the first time. I'm glad the tradition continues.

Having one of those rare, brief heart-to-heart discussions with amazingly lovely Mary, who is truly a diamond among women. Few people see past my system of self-imposed rules, ideas, self-important proclamations and nonsense. Mary is one of them. She takes care of things and people like no one else. Mark, you lucky sod.

Finding out how wrong I was about the way a hanging can work.

Being corporal on the much overshadowed MAD Dogge cannon crew. The man runs a tight ship and knows the ways of the crew from more than a decade of Civil War experiences. He makes you want to get all the commands just right.

Talking quietly with Stynky about the Pub and his philosophy of life over the first bottle of mead in the corner of the pub. Stynky, my friend, I don't know why exactly I like you, but I most surely do.

Trying hard to focus on the topic at hand while learning the history of some very interesting tattoos on the most lovely, tantalizing canvas I can recall.

Observing Patrick in his subtle efforts to make sure everyone escaped unscathed from a ongoing walking potential powderkeg of a situation. Folks, Patrick is amazing. I've said it before, but if you have never met him, you simply must.

Enjoying dinner with the Callahan's extended family on Tuesday night at the Rum Barrel. What a group of people - I was proud to be included in the outing.

Discussing stuff and nonsense with Keith and Dutch on the deck of Keith and Lily's home for wayward pirates.

Cooking at the Constance School of Camping Cuisine. I appealed desperately to her for assistance on the Salmagundi and she not only came through as only a wizened woman can, she made the thing work. Silas my friend, you have one fine wife and I am proud to know her.

Watching the ocean roll in from the comfortable confines of Captain Jim's oar house with a cold beer in my fist while discussing world events, people, places and things of great import but little bearing.

The Jim, Mark and Greg jam session on Friday night in the Hide. It seems like a lifetime ago...was it only a week?

Watching the moon set with the exquisite and fascinating Jessica on a bench, away from the cheerful noise of the Hide. To have my arm around you and see the moon dip below the horizon is a treat unparalleled. I was powerfully sorry when the geishas showed up.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG