A Big Huzzah and BIG THANKS from the Bone Island Buccaneers

Spike

Ahoy me Bretheren of the Bones,

Well, our feet have left port without us, our heads are achin, the Rum be out and the rogues are a plottin! But it surely was worth the while. The crewe had the time of our lives, a suprise a minute and some new outrages that we have never seen before. And such JOY to see ole Sterling hanging high.

We all wish to thank eveyone who did so much for Pirates in Paradise and the Fort Taylor Pirate Fest. Thanks to Captain Sterling and Not Nigel for their fine performances at the Cast and Crewe Party. And thanks to all the great crewes and actors who made this festival something we will all never forget. A big Huzzah for everyone for being safe on the cannon and firing lines and for a record number of gunpowder at our event. Our crewe alone went through forty pounds of gunpowder. ALL safely, Huzzah to everyone involved. And fer the first time at the Fort Taylor Pirate Fest, an all women cannon crewe. Mmmmm Pyrat Sexy!

And a special thanks to Dutch and Gracy for making the long haul to Cayo Hueso to come and play with the Bone Island Buccaneers. Well met and the best suprise of the Festival. And a BIG BIG THANKS to Tony, Fayma, Keith and Lilly for helping out with the three day break-down at the fort. A big Huzzah to Diosa and Captain Jim for raising so much money with the Locks for Love auction and the Dead Man's Chest, ye have the biggest black hearts I have ever seen. A huzzah to Silkie, Willie Wobbles, Stynky, Mission, Greg, Mary and Mark Diamond Mister Sean Merriweather, Mister Charleton Swanson, Mistriss Brig, Mistriss Mae, and al those I didn't mention because my brain is slowly turning to mush after so much sleep deprivation and alcohol abuse.

There be just too many thank you's to cover them all, so please accept our grattitude to each and every one of YOU that make this Festival so special each year.

We will have some pics and videos posted on our Myspace page after new years and I am picking up some of the HD Video movies tomorrow from Dan Baker, the videographer that filmed some of the events.

Fair Winds and Full Holds to Ye,

The Bone Island Buccaneers

Thanks to you, Harry and the Bonies, and Ma and Papa for a truly grand event! I want to say thank you for all your hard work and the kind words you had to say in the Pub that night...I have never been so honored in all my life... ye made me cry mate, good thing the place was so dark and no one could see. I and the Archangel Crewe are at yer service always... Lets work that traitor thing into next year's event, that we briefly discussed at the end of the last battle.

Edited by Capt. Sterling

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

If I may add to what me cappy stated (yeah, I know ye see a pic of me as a bloody Englishman)...

1. The staff of Fort Taylor Historic State Park thanks all for everything--especially leaving the campsites and the fort looking like they were before camps were set up. I wish we could train our regular visitors to be like our visitin' pyrates! Maybe all it takes a cannon to two pointed at them :o !

2. The incidents we had were few and remained minor--and that's amazing considering the number of people attending. Everybody helped with keeping all on the "same page," so to speak.

3. THERE WERE NO BLACK POWDER ACCIDENTS!!!!!!!!!!!! That's testament to all of you.

4. The all-female cannon crewe was most impressive!!

5. MY FEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know there's more I would like to say, but I seem to have been dealt a round of the crud and can't focus the thoughts as well as usual (and for those of you who really know me, you're probably saying, "and what else is new..."). My new computer's hard drive managed to crash and soon as I figure out how to get back on line with it (I'm stealing the use of wife #1's computer), I will adjust the number of days until our next meeting at Bone Island on my forttaylor.org web site.

And, I have some surprises in store for you for our next gathering!

Hairbonesig.jpg

-------

Fort Taylor Pyrate Fest MySpace Page

Master Hairbone's MySpace Page

-------

There is no more equitable judge than a cannon

Harry, I don't suppose you could gear it to fit into my course major so I can attend and make it part of my studies huh? How 'bout like one o' them offshore study courses they offer doctors in the Carribbean islands? Yeah, a three week short study on pyracy in the Keys!

(Oh well, a feller can still dream can he not? :o )

Bo

Harry, I don't suppose you could gear it to fit into my course major so I can attend and make it part of my studies huh? How 'bout like one o' them offshore study courses they offer doctors in the Carribbean islands? Yeah, a three week short study on pyracy in the Keys!

(Oh well, a feller can still dream can he not? :rolleyes: )

Bo

Capt Bo, I am a board member for the Key West Maritime Historical Society. Maybe we can work some credits out for a "short study" course that just happens to be during PIP hehehehe. We are a separate nation, the Conch Republic, and certainly qualifying as a Third World Caribbean island. Who do we need to send the right BS, I mean "course outline"?

Yes - a SUPER Thanks and Huzzah to the Bone Island Buccaneers & to Fort Zach for allowing us to be part of such a wonderful event again........ I also, want to thank Wobble, Wicked, & Capt. Short Fuse for being such good neighbors..... Luvs to all that were there. Silky - I still say we should have won that Wench carrying contest. Next year.......

(Oh well, a feller can still dream can he not? :blink: )

Bo

Capt Bo, I am a board member for the Key West Maritime Historical Society. Maybe we can work some credits out for a "short study" course that just happens to be during PIP hehehehe. We are a separate nation, the Conch Republic, and certainly qualifying as a Third World Caribbean island. Who do we need to send the right BS, I mean "course outline"?

That would be University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg! Oh yeah! Thanks Spike! :angry: No on-line stuff though!

Bo

If I may add to what me cappy stated (yeah, I know ye see a pic of me as a bloody Englishman)...

1. The staff of Fort Taylor Historic State Park thanks all for everything--especially leaving the campsites and the fort looking like they were before camps were set up. I wish we could train our regular visitors to be like our visitin' pyrates! Maybe all it takes a cannon to two pointed at them :D !

2. The incidents we had were few and remained minor--and that's amazing considering the number of people attending. Everybody helped with keeping all on the "same page," so to speak.

3. THERE WERE NO BLACK POWDER ACCIDENTS!!!!!!!!!!!! That's testament to all of you.

I know there's more I would like to say, but I seem to have been dealt a round of the crud and can't focus the thoughts as well as usual (and for those of you who really know me, you're probably saying, "and what else is new..."). My new computer's hard drive managed to crash and soon as I figure out how to get back on line with it (I'm stealing the use of wife #1's computer), I will adjust the number of days until our next meeting at Bone Island on my forttaylor.org web site.

Re: # 4 --Thank you Master Hairbone - it was no doubt thanks to your safety training courses and the watchful eye under the command of Ms. Grace - that the all girl cannon crew was so impressive. Huzzah to you both, I enjoyed every shot from Maeve and a special thanks to Crudbeard for letting us name her, it was truly an honor!

Thanks so much Harry for everything you do, and for making it possible to have the most amazing home for this festival.

Now it appears that I too have been dealt a serious round of the crud... I'm a progressively coughing up a lung, one wet cold night was all it took--- time for another swig of DayQuil ----ewwww (pinches nose and tries to imagine its rum)

all the kisses and hugs were worth it, I'd catch it all over again!

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce

1. The staff of Fort Taylor Historic State Park thanks all for everything--especially leaving the campsites and the fort looking like they were before camps were set up. I wish we could train our regular visitors to be like our visitin' pyrates! Maybe all it takes a cannon to two pointed at them :D !

Re: # 4 --Thank you Master Hairbone - it was no doubt thanks to your safety training courses and the watchful eye under the command of Ms. Grace - that the all girl cannon crew was so impressive. Huzzah to you both, I enjoyed every shot from Maeve and a special thanks to Crudbeard for letting us name her, it was truly an honor!

Thanks so much Harry for everything you do, and for making it possible to have the most amazing home for this festival.

Now it appears that I too have been dealt a serious round of the crud... I'm a progressively coughing up a lung, one wet cold night was all it took--- time for another swig of DayQuil ----ewwww (pinches nose and tries to imagine its rum)

all the kisses and hugs were worth it, I'd catch it all over again!

Hugs to you Nell! The Crud sucks, but the Dayquill helps! Hurricane and I have been living on the stuff the past few days!

Diosa De Cancion

aka Mary Read

www.iammaryread.com

Thanks to you, Harry and the Bonies, and Ma and Papa for a truly grand event! I want to say thank you for all your hard work and the kind words you had to say in the Pub that night...I have never been so honored in all my life... ye made me cry mate, good thing the place was so dark and no one could see. I and the Archangel Crewe are at yer service always... Lets work that traitor thing into next year's event, that we briefly discussed at the end of the last battle.

Aye Capt Sterling Well Met. And once agin, ye and yer crewe have raised the bar and outdid yer performance. I had a blast and it just would not be a PIP without the Arch Angel crewe. We missed those that didn't attend, but it is going to be all hands next year. Oy, I really like the "traitor" idea, after all, that MA Dogge played quite the traitor this time round. And watch that mushy stuff, they already made me walk the plank fer being too nice and hung you. I fear that worse may be in store for the both of us next year. But it were an honor having ye onboard at PIP. We are puttin together a list of some of the the post mortem suggestions, black balling some, adding a few and will have a thread started about some proposed changes for the better fer 2009.

Captain Bloody Spike Pierce

Yer Humble Servant

Oi one more thing Spike, I need ye to pm me with snail mail addresses for you, Nigel, and Deadeye... when ye can. Much obliged...

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

Silky - I still say we should have won that Wench carrying contest. Next year.......
Indeed ...we worked past all those wot were falling before us ...indeed we should have won! At least been given acknowledgment fer our efforts ...from other than cutter ...didn't even break a sweat my arse!!

yes...yes....a big Tankard to the likes of 'Not -Maddogge"...Jai....Leatherback.....and the rest....love to work with ya more....

but to the Captain....Mr. Spike.....a great big thanks to you.

first....for talkin smack about me the entire weekend....on camara.....thank you for deflatin g my ego....thanks

second....thanks for talkin smack about me....after the Walk the Plank Competion....again....really helps me stay humble

Thirdley.....i do really thank you for shilling out $100....to give me a bald spot.....thanks...no really....thanks

4thley.....becuase of you.....we donated money to the Locks of Love foundation...raised more money for cancer reasearch then we thought we could for cuttin hair...

and because of you.....

i went from this....

sexy d'Dogge.....

Plank3.jpg

to goin back home...to the barber...who said...oh my god....we'll have to start from scratch..... :lol: .....and by the way...lets just clean upo that gaottee as well shall we.....ooops.....nuthin like a clean pallette....eh??!?!....

:lol:

PC143046.jpg

.....back to a mere mortal......

me own daughter dont recognize me.....she thinks mama got a new daddy!!!!..... :lol:

yeah....Mr. Spike......thanks....thanks alot

by the way....i am allready devising a ......lets just call it a ..."thank you".....for you........hope you'll enjoy it....fer i know i will........

the guy...formally known as....M.A.d'Dogge

:blink:

th_SunsetSpyGlass_edited-1.jpg

For once, I am speechless...

-- Hurricane

yes...yes....a big Tankard to the likes of 'Not -Maddogge"...Jai....Leatherback.....and the rest....love to work with ya more....

PC143046.jpg

Edited by hurricane

-- Hurricane

http://piratesofthecoast.com/images/pyracy-logo1.jpg

• Captain of The Pyrates of the Coast
  • Author of "Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Year Before the Mast" (Published in Fall 2011)
  • Scurrilous Rogue
  • Stirrer of Pots
  • Fomenter of Mutiny
  • Bon Vivant & Roustabout
  • Part-time Carnival Barker
  • Certified Ex-Wife Collector
  • Experienced Drinking Companion

"I was screwed. I readied my confession and the sobbing pleas not to tell my wife. But as I turned, no one was in the bed. The room was empty. The naked girl was gone, like magic."

"Memoirs of a Buccaneer: 30 Years Before the Mast" - Amazon.com

Who's that??? thats Not - Not Nigel!!- --Nice Puppy maybe?? -Madd Dogges baby brother. Honestly though.. that cocked brow gives you away...so maybe the kid doesn't recognize ya, but hey the wife gets a new boyfriend for Christmas :blink:

RNR2.gif

“PIRACY, n. Commerce without its folly-swaddles, just as God made it.”

Ambrose Bierce