What's in your flask?

Rumba Rue

Port, port and more port... oh and now that we have documentation, a bit of champagne once in awhile would be nice as well..

"I being shot through the left cheek, the bullet striking away great part of my upper jaw, and several teeth which dropt down the deck where I fell... I was forced to write what I would say to prevent the loss of blood, and because of the pain I suffered by speaking."~ Woodes Rogers

Crewe of the Archangel

http://jcsterlingcptarchang.wix.com/creweofthearchangel#

http://creweofthearchangel.wordpress.com/

hmmmmmmmm what i can afford of occasion, cap'n morgans tattoo or spice rum , or honey mead

what i'd like in it glenfiddich, or glenmorgan.......but a bottle of either, now that be a once every few years treat

couse whilst i have a tankard, have yet to be carrying about a flask, though after this term i may well start

Ahhhhh... Glenfiddich... memories... that one started me down the path of Scotch.

Nowadays its Laphoraig or (when I can afford it) Ardbeg. Both of them Islay scotches known for being "peat monsters" :D

You can smell them a mile away. :D

Puts your "green fairy" to shame! Hardly anybody will touch scotch. :)

Edited by Amanjiria

A flourish of the feather plumed hat, I would like to ask a simple question concerning rum. Has anyone obtained and relished this type of Rum

http://www.atlanticorum.com/Atlanticorum.com/Home.html

I thank Ye fer Ye kindnes Good Soul

Sorry, can't say that I have. I'm a Cruzan Blackstrap kind of pirate. But I'll keep a weather eye out for it, and if it's not too pricey, give it a try.

My Home on the Web

The Pirate Brethren Gallery

Dreams are the glue that holds reality together.

• 3 weeks later...
somehow....absinthe ends up in one of my onion bottles...tho not a flask but close...

i'm staritng to suspect a certain little "green fairy"...!?!?!

No kidding ., theyve started sellin'it in washington ., and it is dee lisssh ousss!! :angry: I'm enjoyin it ! Only i think I was seei'n the Green Goblin !

I am not Lost .,I am Exploring.

"If you give a man a fire, he will be warm for a night, if you set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life!"

• 2 months later...

Sorry, but you're about to get a new hand rambling about one of my favorite topics.....Rum!

A few good ones were mentioned. I sip rum on a daily basis (just a glass or ten after work)...I prefer it over ice, but will drink it neat if the mood dictates. MadL has a good choice with Sea Wynde....at 92 proof she came to play, but still smooth enough to enjoy. Only problem I have with pot still rum is it drinks too much like a whiskey. If I want to drink whiskey, I drink Maker's Mark or Knob Creek. To me Sea Wynde sips more like a whiskey than a rum....but it's a fine drink regardless. In the dark/aged rums I am a big fan of Flor de Cana, Private Stock, XO Reserve (a little too much oak, but still nice), Sea Wynde, and Goslings Old Rum if I can find it/afford it. For light rum I will recommend Oronoco and nothing else.....it is very deceptive.....I consider myself a dark rum purist, but I will never turn down a glass of Oronoco. Try it and thank me later. For cheap....Meyers is tough to beat...goes down easy and gets the job done. There are others....but that's a start. :blink:

Time commits all men to treachery.....some men hide from it, some embrace in it.

A flourish of the feather plumed hat, I would like to ask a simple question concerning rum. Has anyone obtained and relished this type of Rum

http://www.atlanticorum.com/Atlanticorum.com/Home.html

I thank Ye fer Ye kindnes Good Soul

Red Jessi had this at PiP this year. It was very good. To quote the Surgeon's Journal,

"Red Jessi had a flask of something that was a little better [than another type of rum]- tasting vaguely of butterscotch and other things which I only got a sip of."

Later on in the Journal, after having another go at it,

"Jessi brought this magnificent rum that is apparently so limited in production that it is numbered and signed by the distillery owner and I enjoyed a bit of that. It's probably the best sipping rum I have ever tasted."

My flask (on the rare occasions I have it with me) contains The McCallans or Glen Ord if they are available. If not, any reasonably-aged single malt scotch is usually worth trying. Good stuff.

Mycroft: "My brother has the brain of a scientist or a philosopher, yet he elects to be a detective. What might we deduce about his heart?"

John: "I don't know."

Mycroft: "Neither do I. But initially he wanted to be a pirate."

Mission_banner5.JPG

• 2 months later...

My brother gave me a nice flask at the rehersal dinner for his wedding. He lost his wife but I still have the flask P-}

I keep "Irish Pirate" in it. It's a mix, equal parts Irish Mist and Capt. Morgan

gallery_10737_100_5347.gif

Time flies when you're having rum

My favorite hands down is Pyrat XO Reserve in the affordable category, if price be no object, Cask 23. And for a cheap mixer, Admiral Nelson Dark Premium Rum is surprisingly good. I'm also fond of Appleton Extra and 21 and Flor de Cana. I am currently searching for one called El Dorado 15 which I have it on good authority is an excellent rum.

If you are really interested in rum, wonder over to the Ministry of Rum.

JoePyratA.gif

• The Charles Towne Few - We shall sail... The sea will be our empire.

Ron Salerno's Gran Reserva 23. Hands down, best rum I've ever tasted, (well, along with Ron Matusalem's Gran Reserva 15)...

:D

BTW, here's a good discussion along the same lines, (if you're into rum o' course):

The Pub's Rum reviews

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

Cruzan Black Strap, first tried at the suggestion of BlackJohn and it is now my favorite rum.

Any good Scotch, they are all so different, but each is great in it's own way.

Smokey Mountain Quaich, "Highlander In a Jar"

A friend's special moonshine, usually made with the addition of peaches and peach slices. EXTREMELY good, just "difficult" to transport . . .

When MUST remain sobre:

My own concoction of tea (orange pekoe and black w/ 1/4-1/3 cup of sugar per half-gallon

Coca-Cola

Mountain Dew (Pepsi's orange-lemonade stuff, NOT to be confused with SMQ)

Cheerwine, a southeastern regional American cherry drink-> based in North Carolina

-John "Tartan Jack" Wages, of South Carolina

178804A2-CB54-4706-8CD9-7B8196F1CBD4.jpeg

I like anything dry...so dry you can blow the dust off it.

But I wont turn dowm a good Pina colada :D

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...