What's in your flask?

Rumba Rue

A lot of people at events carry their secret survivor drink around in various containers disguised as an innocent accouterment to their garb.

I had a small metal Celtic flask (sadly it got a puncture hole somehow and became useless) that I put my favorite drink in, Rootbeer Schnaaps. (I'm looking for a new one if someone knows of where the Celtic metal flasks are for sale on-line, let me know!)

BTW- If you haven't tried it, do so - really good!

So what is your secret potion to carry around with you? :P

Usually an expensive import rum of any brand in my flask. I like to sample all kinds. But a little brown jug of "Apple Pie" is usually not far from my hand either.

Good Rum

Fresh or at least GOOD apple cider

A cinnamon stick

and some crushed ice.

Don't know in what quantities, I just throw it together and it never lasts long enough to really get any age to it. (Kinda like my deer jerky. I quit buyin bags forthat stuff as it rarely makes it further than the drying racks.) :(

Bo

Given the family's trouble wi' Kill-Devil (by all accounts, my paternal grandfather was a nasty drunk), I keep my drink of choice to something...safe. Generally cold tea...I blend my own, using three regular size bags of decaf and two bags of Black Forest Berry, so it comes out strong but fruity.

I should point out that while my drink is safe, *I* am not...

Damn, thats sharp!

When I've bothered with a flask;

Captain Morgan - Pick one

Sailor Jerry's

Drambuie

Disaronno

Otherwise I've just filled a tankard and wandered about, or used a Dutch Gin bottle, the squared off, green glass kind, or an OOP clay gin bottle.

Bottles 'r better fer sharin' :lol:

Truly,

D. Lasseter

Captain, The Lucy

Propria Virtute Audax --- In Hoc Signo Vinces

LasseterSignatureNew.gif

Ni Feidir An Dubh A Chur Ina Bhan Air

"If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me." Deuteronomy 32:41

Envy and its evil twin - It crept in bed with slander - Idiots they gave advice - But Sloth it gave no answer - Anger kills the human soul - With butter tales of Lust - While Pavlov's Dogs keep chewin' - On the legs they never trust... The Seven Deadly Sins

http://www.colonialnavy.org

When I've bothered with a flask;

Captain Morgan - Pick one

Sailor Jerry's

Drambuie

Disaronno

Otherwise I've just filled a tankard and wandered about, or used a Dutch Gin bottle, the squared off, green glass kind, or an OOP clay gin bottle.

Bottles 'r better fer sharin' :lol:

Gah??!?! No Jameson?

Pieter_Claeszoon__Still_Life_with_a.jpg, Skull and Quill Society thWatchDogParchmentBanner-2.jpg, The Watch Dog

"We are 21st Century people who play a game of dress-up and who spend a lot of time pissing and moaning about the rules of the game and whether other people are playing fair."

If I had a flask (I found some really kewl ones at Nor Cal, but they wanted $80 for a decent size), it would have to be Pyrate Pistol rum — thank you Red-Handed Jill! :lol:

Although, the Lemoncello that MerryDeath had at Port Washington last year was pretty danged tasty!

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

Oooh, in my flask or goblet I usually have

Drambuie

Disaronno

Captain Morgan

Whaler's Vanilla Rum

And also in my goblet there usually be wine or mead.

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

BriarBannerHerbsGlowGreenBorder.jpg

Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.

The Dimension of Time is only a doorway to open. A Time Traveler I am and a Lover of Delights whatever they may be.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.

If I had a flask (I found some really kewl ones at Nor Cal, but they wanted $80 for a decent size), it would have to be Pyrate Pistol rum — thank you Red-Handed Jill! :blink:

Although, the Lemoncello that MerryDeath had at Port Washington last year was pretty danged tasty!

thank you, Ransom! Muchly appreciated! I'm thinking of trying an orange kind next year.. strange thing tho. I left the bottles in my car for a while, going from faire to faire, and it got carbonated. Instead of the smoothness of a schnapps, it had a bite like Mike's hard Lemonade. It got better once I had it in the fridge, but it surprised me to be so sharp.

Right now, I have peppermint schnapps, since the Buttershots is all gone.. :huh: I love Drambuie and Jameson's (thanks Scupper, for the addiction) and a chocolate infused vodka from Poland.

Pirate Lass with sass, brass, a cutlass, an a nice *ss. Capt of the FOOLS GOLD PIRATES

BLAST BREAST CANCER! GET A MAMMOGRAM AND SAVE YOUR TREASURED CHEST:

http://www.myspace.c...iratesthinkpink

http://www.myspace.c...oolsgoldpirates

CAPT OF THE ONLY PYRITE SHIP AFLOAT: THE FOOL'S GOLD- look for us and Captain Merrydeath on facebook!

merrydeathsigsmall.jpg

I never had a flask - until now. I got a really interesting one at MNRF this year - ceramic blue with a mermaid relief. I love it because it almost looks like it could have been recovered from a shipwreck or something. Maybe I'll post a pic sometime.

Anyway, right now it is filled with Sailor Jerry's. Before that it held Capt Morgan Tattoo and before that Gosling's Black Seal.

An alternative to Bo's Apple Pie recipe:

1 pint of Strong Bow cider

1 shot (4oz avg, butn more or less t' suit yer taste) of Buttershots

1 pinch of cinnamon powder

other things that might be found in me flask depending on m'mood

Mead

Stout

vodka-cran

I'm a simple girl

Sea Wynde, when th' drinks they be a serve'n get too sweet ('er too weak) then a nice swig o' Sea Wynde can pop them eyes open again - Straight up, no dilute'n it down fer me!

Also nice on them hot days t' pour over a cold tankard o' that frozen fruit ice drink they sell :P

~All skill be in vain if an angel pisses down th' barrel o' yer flintlock!

So keep yer cutlass sharp, 'n keep her close!

Bleech, Pyrate Pistol. Try Pyrate Reserve XO. It doesn't taste like paint thinner.... :huh:

Oooo, I don't think it tastes like paint thinner (although, Jacky Tar sampled Jill's at Ojai, and said it tasted like caugh syrup, but what does he know!). I have some Pyrate special blended rum, but don't like it straight, so I make mojitos out of it.

Another good flask drink was one that Bilge Munkey offered me at Nor Cal. It was REALLY good. When I PMed him later to ask what it was, he said it was a blend of three different kinds, but he didn't know the measurements, because the glass flask had been a gift from a lady friend.

Now, if I could just figure out how to get a Pimm's Cup into a flask.....hmmmmmmmm. :blink:

...schooners, islands, and maroons

and buccaneers and buried gold...

RAKEHELL-1.jpg

You can do everything right, strictly according to procedure, on the ocean, and it'll still kill you. But if you're a good navigator, a least you'll know where you were when you died.......From The Ship Killer by Justin Scott.

"Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful."....Captain Jack Sparrow

Found in the Ruins — Unique Jewelry

Found in the Ruins — Personal Blog

• 2 weeks later...

hmmmmmmmm what i can afford of occasion, cap'n morgans tattoo or spice rum , or honey mead

what i'd like in it glenfiddich, or glenmorgan.......but a bottle of either, now that be a once every few years treat

couse whilst i have a tankard, have yet to be carrying about a flask, though after this term i may well start

Mud Slinging Pyromanic , Errrrrr Ship's Potter at ye service

Vagabond's Rogue Potter Wench

First Mate of the Fairge Iolaire

Me weapons o choice be lots o mud, sharp pointy sticks, an string

Hmm..

I can always be tempted by a DiSaronno on ice.

or a good expensive Cognac...

hmm

Rum of course, but I need to try more kinds. Aye, I think that'll be a new Years resolution.

or gin and anything...with a lime :unsure:

I need to get some more Bailey's now that it's cold out.

Drambuie, Zambucca, Ouzo...something that bites back

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help....

Her reputation was her livelihood.

I'm a pirate, love. By nature and by choice!

My inner voice sometimes has an accent!

My wont? A delicious rip in time...

Well, I wasn't gonna share this, but as long as it stays here; I had a little Sea Wynde left in one bottle, and a little Ron Zacapa 23 yr. old in another, so I mixed them 50/50, and I don't think I'll ever be satisfied with anything else. Finally got a real liquor store up in Sedalia that handles fine wines, liquors and cigars! they will order my Ron Zacapa for me. I can get Sea Wynde at another one off the shelf, but they won't special order. Anyhow, I be stingy with the mixture, it is too good!

Bo

A flourish of the feather plumed hat, I would like to ask a simple question concerning rum. Has anyone obtained and relished this type of Rum

http://www.atlanticorum.com/Atlanticorum.com/Home.html

I thank Ye fer Ye kindnes Good Soul

"Your pieces of eight Ye Wager soon, I shall be sparkin' some Pirate art by the light of the Moon"